Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Locking Down Finder Command Preferences Post 302469054 by tlarkin on Thursday 4th of November 2010 01:38:02 PM
Old 11-04-2010
look at the dscl command. Specially the mcx commands. You can read/export/import from here making it very plausible to script in your own management at either machine, group, or user level.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell: Creating Preferences

In OS X I'm currently writing a bash script that requires writing to preference file. I may eventually want to share it with users on other Unix-like OSs and would like to accommodate for that possibility ahead of time. Most OS X applications save preferences in xml-format plist files. These... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: airsmurf
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Bluefish: where are the preferences saved?

I have just tried out Bluefish as an alternative to my regular text editor. If I save the modified preferences and reboot, the preferences have to be reentered again. Does anyone know which file the preferences are saved in? The command find / -mmin -5 | grep bluefish yields zero hits. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Scripting sound preferences?

I'm finding myself changing sound preferences (specifically, output) frequently, and I'd like to write a shell script to do this for me. Does anyone know what command(s) to use? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
5 Replies

4. Programming

Table Locking in Insert Command.

Hi, i have a java based tool which does insert operation in a TABLE, and in parallel the same table is used by my C++ code which does select Query. the Table will be always busy, but sometimes the table is getting locked when i try to make an insert, am bit confused whether the lock is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert Command Creating Table Locking Problem

Hi, i have a java based tool which does insert operation in a TABLE, and in parallel the same table is used by my C++ code which does select Query. the Table will be always busy, but sometimes the table is getting locked when i try to make an insert, am bit confused whether the lock is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
9 Replies
gnome-wm(1)							   User Commands						       gnome-wm(1)

NAME
gnome-wm - launch the GNOME window manager SYNOPSIS
gnome-wm [--default-wm wm] [--sm-client-id id] DESCRIPTION
gnome-wm is a shell script which launches the GNOME window manager, metacity. The user may specify that another window manager should be launched, either by using the --default-wm option or by setting the WINDOW_MANAGER environment variable. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --default-wm wm Launch the window manager wm. --sm-client-id id Specify the session management ID with which the window manager should be launched. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the dtwm window manager using --default-wm example% gnome-wm --default-wm dtwm Example 2: Launching the dtwm window manager using WINDOW_MANAGER example% WINDOW_MANAGER=dtwm gnome-wm ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of gnome-wm: NLSPATH. WINDOW_MANAGER Used to override the configured window manager to use. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-wm Executable for GNOME window manager ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-session | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
metacity(1), gnome-session(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Mark McLoughlin, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.11 9 Jan 2003 gnome-wm(1)