Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Redirect lines to another file Post 302467633 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 30th of October 2010 12:26:23 PM
Old 10-30-2010
Try:
Code:
awk '/^Executed Restore/,/destination course.$/' infile

Code:
sed '/^Executed Restore/,/destination course.$/!d' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to redirect duplicate lines from a file????

Hi, I am having a file which contains many duplicate lines. I wanted to redirect these duplicate lines into another file. Suppose I have a file called file_dup.txt which contains some line as file_dup.txt A100-R1 ACCOUNTING-CONTROL ACTONA-ACTASTOR ADMIN-AUTH-STATS ACTONA-ACTASTOR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob - Redirect mail output to file, LINES & COLUMNS

I currently have an expect script that issues the 'mail' command and sends an 'x' when it receives the & prompt from mail to quit. The expect script is able to do stty rows 100 columns 200 < $spawn_out(slave,name) to set up the number of columns and rows. I would like to get rid of the expect... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jharvey
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to Redirect the error messages from Syslog file to our own Application Log File

Hello, I am New to Unix. I am Using HP-UX 9000 Series for my Application. I am Currently Facing an Issue that the error messages are being written in the syslog file instead of the Application Log File. The Codes for that Syslog.h is written in Pro*C. I want to know how to Redirect these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balasubramaniam
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

how to redirect the growing contents of log file to another file in unix

how to redirect the growing contents of log file to another file in unix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

TOP redirect to file

Okay, this is what I have and what I need. top -p 11111 >> test.txt Unfortunately, when I do that in a script, when I run my next command, could be just an 'ls -l' it says that the process stops and it doesn't write to the test.txt file anymore. I guess the first part isn't as big of a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
5 Replies

6. AIX

Grep multiple lines and redirect to file

I have setof files with data and with same fields multiple times in each of the files. for example: file 1 name = mary kate last name = kate address = 123 street = abc name = mary mark last name = mark address = 456 street = bcd file 2 name = mary kate last name = kate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: relearner
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect output of ls to a file?

Hi All, I want to redirect only the file names to a new file from the ls -ltr directroy. how Can i do it. my ls -ltr output will be as below. -rwxr-xr-x 1 118 103 28295 Jul 26 2006 event.podl -rwxr-xr-x 1 118 103 28295 Jul 26 2006 xyz.podl I want my new file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh- redirect stderr to file and then modify the file

I have the following: remsh $host -n 2>>syslog_issue_list.txt grep -i -e "EMS" -e "error" -e "warning" -e "excessive" /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log | awk /"$DATE1"/ | awk -vhost="$host" '!/remsh|telnetd/{print host "\n", $0 >> "syslog_issue_list.txt"}' I am creating a health script that has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipblah84
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file from input and redirect to output file

Hi , i am having an file which contains 5 file_name data, i need to read the file name and will perform certain operation and generate out file names with named as 5 individual file_names for eg: file.txt contains file_name1.txt|hai file_name2.txt|bye file_name3.txt|how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect to a file

Hi, Is there a way to redirect the output of a set of commands to a file instead of using << at every command in bash shell. For eg (echo hostname echo "Comparing 2 files" comm -3 file1 file2) >>file3 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)