Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk replacement problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk replacement problem Post 302467398 by 1tempus1 on Friday 29th of October 2010 07:51:10 AM
Old 10-29-2010
Yes correct Smilie Thank you... It works...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk variable replacement

I have a function awkvarrep() { awk -F'|' '$1~/$1/{printf "%-10s %-30s %-15s %-30s %-15s\n", $2,$3,$4,$5,$6}' testfile } I'm calling it by this VARREP=XYZ awkvarrep $VARREP since i'm passing $VARREP to the awkvarrep() function I want to use this with $1 but it dosen't seem to be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iAm4Free
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK String replacement

I have an xml file with following tags <NewTag>value123</xyz> <NewTag>value321</abcd> I have to replace the values in between the tags with some value ( VAL1/VAL2) but the thing the ending tag can be any thing, for this i need a awk command currently i am using this but it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl as awk replacement in a script.

Hey all, Im trying to write a script on windows, which Im not too familiar with. Im generally a bash scripting guy but am using perl for this case. My question is... I have this exact output: 2 Dir(s) 6,380,429,312 bytes free and I just need to get the number out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk pattern replacement

Hi I'm a newbie in unix and I'm having trouble in creating a script. I want to search for a pattern '_good' and insert new lines that contains '_bad', '_med', '_fail' while also ensure that the line contains _good is removed here some of the data UPDATE SCHOOL SET GRADE =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk replacement

Hi all, I need help in replacing awk with sed for the below. 1 ) cat list | awk -F" |," '/MATH/ {sub(/]*/,"",$3); print $3}' Eg: file : list Sno Subno Name 1 SUB1 ENG 2 SUB2 MATH 2) Eg:result Total No of Students: 2 Sno ID Sub ------------------ 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk replacement problem

hi i am using awk for first time so i am having issue is it the correct way of using Y here is variable which i fetch using grep from file awk -v X={$Y} { if ($0 ~ /X/ ) { sub (out.*/,"out1",$0) } print 0 }, filename > temp when i look into temp file i dont see any replacement... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzstar
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk's gsub variable in replacement

I been trying to figure out how to use element of array as a replacement pattern. This works as I expected: $ echo "one two three" | awk '{ gsub(/wo/,"_BEG_&_END_",$2); print }' one t_BEG_wo_END_ three $ echo "one two three" | awk '{ tmp="foo"; gsub(/wo/,"_BEG_" tmp "_END_",$2);... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirni
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incomplete replacement/substitution awk

Hi! (I'm just a newbie in awk & bash scripts) I have a script which replaces one column from an input file with a specified one from the same file. The input and the desired output files are shown below. ~ cat input.file random text Fe 1.33 23.23 3.33 C 21.03 23.23 3.33 Cu 0.00 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radudownload
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text replacement with awk or sed?

Hi guys, I worked for almost a half-day for the replacement of some text automatically with script. But no success. The problem is I have hundred of files, which need to be replaced with some new text. It's a painful work to work manually and it's so easy to do it wrong. For example, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed or awk Replacement/Addition

Hi, I have a big text file with similar data as below and need the text as in output using awk or sed. any help is greatly appreciated. Input: City=Chicago Elden street >>> reservedBy = business 1 >>> reservedBy = business 2 >>> reservedBy = business 3 City=Dallas Elm street >>>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
5 Replies
ex12bit(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						  ex12bit(3alleg4)

NAME
ex12bit - How to fake a 12-bit truecolor mode on an 8-bit card. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> Example ex12bit DESCRIPTION
This program sets up a 12-bit mode on any 8-bit card, by setting up a 256-colour palette that will fool the eye into grouping two 8-bit pixels into one 12-bit pixel. In order to do this, you make your 256-colour palette with all the combinations of blue and green, assuming green ranges from 0-15 and blue from 0-14. This takes up 16x15=240 colours. This leaves 16 colours to use as red (red ranges from 0-15). Then you put your green/blue in one pixel, and your red in the pixel next to it. The eye gets fooled into thinking it's all one pixel. The example starts setting a normal 256 color mode, and construct a special palette for it. But then comes the trick: you need to write to a set of two adjacent pixels to form a single 12 bit dot. Two eight bit pixels is the same as one 16 bit pixel, so after setting the video mode you need to hack the screen bitmap about, halving the width and changing it to use the 16 bit drawing code. Then, once you have packed a color into the correct format (using the makecol12() function below), any of the normal Allegro drawing functions can be used with this 12 bit display! Things to note: The horizontal width is halved, so you get resolutions like 320x480, 400x600, and 512x768. Because each dot is spread over two actual pixels, the display will be darker than in a normal video mode. Any bitmap data will obviously need converting to the correct 12 bit format: regular 15 or 16 bit images won't display correctly... Although this works like a truecolor mode, it is actually using a 256 color palette, so palette fades are still possible! This code only works in linear screen modes (don't try Mode-X). SEE ALSO
BITMAP(3alleg4), END_OF_MAIN(3alleg4), MATRIX(3alleg4), PALETTE(3alleg4), RGB(3alleg4), allegro_error(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4), allegro_message(3alleg4), apply_matrix(3alleg4), blit(3alleg4), circle(3alleg4), clear_bitmap(3alleg4), clear_keybuf(3alleg4), clear_to_color(3alleg4), create_bitmap(3alleg4), create_bitmap_ex(3alleg4), destroy_bitmap(3alleg4), ellipsefill(3alleg4), fade_out(3alleg4), fixcos(3alleg4), fixed(3alleg4), fixsin(3alleg4), fixtoi(3alleg4), font(3alleg4), get_rotation_matrix(3alleg4), get- pixel(3alleg4), install_keyboard(3alleg4), itofix(3alleg4), keypressed(3alleg4), line(3alleg4), makecol(3alleg4), masked_blit(3alleg4), putpixel(3alleg4), screen(3alleg4), set_clip_rect(3alleg4), set_color(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4), set_palette(3alleg4), text_height(3alleg4), text_length(3alleg4), textout_ex(3alleg4), textprintf_ex(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 ex12bit(3alleg4)