Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ignore first word using sed in PERL Post 302467351 by birei on Friday 29th of October 2010 04:53:46 AM
Old 10-29-2010
Hi,

This could work, althought the '^B' char misleads me:
Code:
sed 's/[^,]*,//' infile

Regards,
Birei
This User Gave Thanks to birei For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make sed ignore lines

Hi I use sed in a script for severall changes in files. I whish one of the substitutions I made to be aplied to every line that has the word "scripts" with the exception for the ones that start with "rsh", wich I wish sed to ignore . Is this possible? If yes, how can I do it? The substitution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scarlos
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl (word by word check if a hash key)

Hi, Now i work in a code that 1-get data stored in the database in the form of hash table with a key field which is the " Name" 2-in the same time i open a txt file and loop through it word by word 3- which i have a problem in is that : I need to loop word by word and check if it is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eng_shimaa
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to ignore word from a line ...

Hi Gurus, I'm need of a script in which we are finding an independent word ‘boy' in a log file. We are using grep in order to do the same. Now in this log file there are some sentences where we see ‘This is a boy' and we do not want to count word ‘boy' from this sentence. So in other word we want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heyitsmeok
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the first word using sed,awk or perl

Input: root:x:0: daemon:x:1: bin:x:2: sys:x:3: adm:x:4: tty:x:5: disk:x:6: lp:x:7: mail:x:8: Output: root daemon bin sys adm tty (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex - start with a word but ignore that word

Hi Guys. I guess I have a very basic query but stuck with it :( I have a file in which I want to extract particular content. The content is between standard format like : Verify stats A=0 B=12 C=34 TEST Failed Now I want to extract data between "Verify stats" & "TEST Failed" but do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratneshnagori
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract whole thing in word, leaving behind last word. - perl

Hi, i've a string /u/user/DTE/T_LOGS/20110622_011532_TEST_11_HD_120/HD/TESi T_11_HD_120/hd-12 i need to get string, like /u/user/DTE/T_LOGS/20110622_011532_TEST_11_HD_120/HD the words from HD should get deleted, i need only a string till HD, i dont want to use any built in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to ignore the text before a particular word

Hi I am new to Awk programming , i would appreciate if anyone help me with the below scenario i have text file arranged in rows and columns like below 11004 04493384 26798 CASSI0000I Server manager initialization started 111004 04493486 26798 CASSI4005I Retrieving ES... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl lwp find word and print next word :)

hi all, I'm new there, I'm just playing with perl and lwp and I just successfully created a script for log in to a web site with post. I have a response but I would like to have something like this: I have in my response lines like: <div class="sender">mimi020</div> <some html code.....>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a particular word with another word in all the xml's under a particular directory with sed

Hi Folks, Could you please advise what will be the SED command to replace a word in all xml's under a particular directory for example let say I rite now at the following below location $ cd /ter/rap/config now under config directory there will be lots of xml file , now my objective is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore dollar value in sed

Hi Guys, I need to replace the string based on specific value by keeping dollar sign input=$1 var=$(echo "@code_temp_table_$value_table"| sed -r "s/\@code/${input}/;s/(nz|sa)_\$value_/\$value1_\1_/" ) Expected if input=nz,sa then nz_temp_table_$value1_table else if any other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
5 Replies
PS2EPSI(1)                                                       Ghostscript Tools                                                      PS2EPSI(1)

NAME
ps2epsi - generate conforming Encapsulated PostScript SYNOPSIS
ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epsi ] (Unix) ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epi ] (DOS) DESCRIPTION
ps2epsi uses gs(1) to process a PostScript(tm) file and generate as output a new file which conforms to Adobe's Encapsulated PostScript Interchange (EPSI) format. EPSI is a special form of encapsulated PostScript (EPS) which adds to the beginning of the file in the form of PostScript comments a bitmapped version of the final displayed page. Programs which understand EPSI (usually word processors or DTP pro- grams) can use this bitmap to give a preview version on screen of the PostScript. The displayed quality is often not very good (e.g., low resolution, no colours), but the final printed version uses the real PostScript, and thus has the normal PostScript quality. USAGE
On Unix systems invoke ps2epsi like this: ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epsi ] where "infile.ps" is the input file and "outfile.epsi" is the resulting EPSI file. If the output filename is omitted, it is generated from the input filename. When a standard extension (".ps", ".cps", ".eps" or ".epsf") is used, it is replaced with the output extension ".epsi". On DOS systems the command is: ps2epsi infile.ps outfile.epi where "infile.ps" is the original PostScript file, and "outfile.epi" is the name of the output file. LIMITATIONS
Not every PostScript file can be encapsulated successfully, because there are restrictions on what PostScript constructs a correct encapsu- lated file may contain. ps2epsi does a little extra work to try to help encapsulation, and it automatically calculates the bounding box required for all encapsulated PostScript files, so most of the time it does a pretty good job. There are certain to be cases, however, where the encapsulation does not work because of the content of the original PostScript file. COMPATIBILITY
The Framemaker DTP system is one application which understands EPSI files, and ps2epsi has been tested on a number of PostScript diagrams from a variety of sources, using Framemaker 3.0 on a Sun workstation. Framemaker on other platforms should be able to use these files, although I have not been able to test this. FILES
ps2epsi Unix shell script ps2epsi.bat DOS batch file ps2epsi.ps the Ghostscript program which does the work SEE ALSO
gs (1) VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 8.70. However, the content may be obsolete, or inconsistent with ps2epsi.txt. AUTHOR
George Cameron 8.70 31 July 2009 PS2EPSI(1)