Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find file directory
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find file directory Post 302466885 by dragon.1431 on Wednesday 27th of October 2010 03:24:27 PM
Old 10-27-2010
Hi,
if Variable var_SearchFile has output as c:/magesh/test/testfile.txt
try with this or pipe it.

Code:
echo ${var_SearchFile%/*}
c:/magesh/test

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a corrupted file in a directory

Hi, Dunno if this has already been discussed but can anyone tell me if there is any utility/command to find a corrupted file in an unix directory. With smile, karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skarthik_d
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a file named vijay in a directory using find command

I need to find whether there is a file named vijay is there or not in folder named "opt" .I tried "ls *|grep vijay" but it showed permission problem. so i need to use find command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
6 Replies

3. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and copy file to another directory..

Hi Everybody, i want a samll help to write a script. i had source location with :/user/bin (bin contains subdirectories with like names emails etc and had several files in each subdirectory) and target location with :/usr/scripts (having same subdirectories names and had some files)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file in a directory

Hi, I'm trying to write a script that search file in folder. I got problems with selecting specific file from the list of the files. when I runing the script I get a list of files instead of one specific file. I'm new with linux :) #!/bin/bash FILE=false ISFOUND=false while getopts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SimonBASH
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file only from a Directory

Hi, I am using the below query to find files from a Directory: SOURCE_DIR--Directory Files in the Directory: ABC.log XYZ.out The SOURCE_DIR has subdirectory.... when i use the below command... find /apps/informatica/node1/scripts/test '(' -name '*.log' -o -name '*.out'... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot find file directory

hi, i use command at below to copy the file and put it in the new file (if no such file, it will create right ) cat id_rsa.pub >>~/.ssh/authorized_keys it give me error bash: /home/pc2/.ssh/authorized_keys : No such file or directory can anyone tell me why this happened ? thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ericyue
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a pattern from an external file in a directory containing multiple file recursively

Hi, Need your help in this. I have an input file that has multiple enrollment_number, somewhat like 1234567 8901234 9856321 6732187 7623465 Now i have to search and delete these enrollment_number recursively from all the files that are within multiple sub-directories of a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
10 Replies

9. Solaris

/bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory

Hi, I am getting below error in Solaris 10 SPARC when trying to issue a search on /var/tmp partition Below is the query /bin/find /var/tmp/ -type f -atime +1 Below is the result /bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
28 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find and get a file in an entire directory with an excluded directory specified?

How to get a file 'zlib.h' in an entire directory with an excluded directory specified lives under that starting directory by using find command, as it failed on: $ find . -name 'zlib.h' -a -ipath 'CHROME.TMP' -prune -o -print it'll just list entirely up (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
2 Replies
ipptool(1)							    Apple Inc.								ipptool(1)

NAME
ipptool - perform internet printing protocol requests SYNOPSIS
ipptool [ -4 ] [ -6 ] [ -C ] [ -E ] [ -I ] [ -L ] [ -S ] [ -T seconds ] [ -V version ] [ -X ] [ -c ] [ -d name=value ] [ -f filename ] [ -i seconds ] [ -n repeat-count ] [ -q ] [ -t ] [ -v ] URI filename [ ... filenameN ] DESCRIPTION
ipptool sends IPP requests to the specified URI and tests and/or displays the results. Each named file defines one or more requests, including the expected response status, attributes, and values. Output is either a plain text, formatted text, CSV, or XML report on the standard output, with a non-zero exit status indicating that one or more tests have failed. The file format is described in ipptoolfile(5). OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by ipptool: -4 Specifies that ipptool must connect to the printer or server using IPv4. -6 Specifies that ipptool must connect to the printer or server using IPv6. -C Specifies that requests should be sent using the HTTP/1.1 "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" header, which is required for conformance by all versions of IPP. The default is to use "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" for requests with attached files and "Content-Length:" for requests without attached files. -E Forces TLS encryption when connecting to the server using the HTTP "Upgrade" header. -I Specifies that ipptool will continue past errors. -L Specifies that requests should be sent using the HTTP/1.0 "Content-Length:" header, which is required for conformance by all versions of IPP. The default is to use "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" for requests with attached files and "Content-Length:" for requests without attached files. -S Forces (dedicated) SSL encryption when connecting to the server. -T seconds Specifies a timeout for IPP requests in seconds. -V version Specifies the default IPP version to use: 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 2.1, or 2.2. If not specified, version 1.1 is used. -X Specifies that XML (Apple plist) output is desired instead of the plain text report. This option is incompatible with the -i (inter- val) and -n (repeat-count) options. -c Specifies that CSV (comma-separated values) output is desired instead of the plain text output. -d name=value Defines the named variable. -f filename Defines the default request filename for tests. -i seconds Specifies that the (last) file should be repeated at the specified interval. This option is incompatible with the -X (XML plist out- put) option. -l Specifies that plain text output is desired. -n repeat-count Specifies that the (last) file should be repeated the specified number of times. This option is incompatible with the -X (XML plist output) option. -t Specifies that CUPS test report output is desired instead of the plain text output. -v Specifies that all request and response attributes should be output in CUPS test mode (-t). This is the default for XML output. COMPATIBILITY
The ipptool program is unique to CUPS. EXAMPLES
Get a list of completed jobs for "myprinter": ipptool ipp://localhost/printers/myprinter get-completed-jobs.test Send email notifications to "user@example.com" when "myprinter" changes: ipptool -d recipient=mailto:user@example.com ipp://localhost/printers/myprinter create-printer-subscription.test STANDARD FILES
The following standard files are available: create-printer-subscription.test get-completed-jobs.test get-jobs.test ipp-1.1.test ipp-2.0.test ipp-2.1.test testfile.jpg testfile.pdf testfile.ps testfile.txt SEE ALSO
ipptoolfile(5), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2010 by Apple Inc. 9 November 2010 CUPS ipptool(1)