Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with perl openssh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with perl openssh Post 302466804 by durden_tyler on Wednesday 27th of October 2010 10:50:07 AM
Old 10-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by samohung390
my problem is that it keeps returning errors that I dont understand, it says:
use of uninitialized value $default_stdin_fh in anonymous hash....
almost the whole errors says like this but changes to $default_stdout_fh,$default_stderr_fh,$master_stdi n_fh........

what does these error mean?
It means exactly what it says.
$default_stdin_fh has not been initialized, and therefore perl shows that warning.

A very short example might help in understanding this better -

Code:
$
$ perl -wle 'my $x; if ($x eq "hello") {print "HELLO"}'
Use of uninitialized value $x in string eq at -e line 1.
$
$

I declared the scalar $x, but did not initialize it. Perl doesn't know how to compare a literal string "hello" with an uninitialized value of $x. So it shows the warning.

Note that it's a warning, not an error. If I remove the "-w" flag, then this will not be shown.

Code:
$
$ perl -le 'my $x; if ($x eq "hello") {print "HELLO"}'
$

That's the same as removing the "use warnings" statement from a Perl program file - although it's highly recommended to retain it.

Of course, the problem isn't fixed by turning warnings off. You'll have to actually initialize the scalar/array/hash/whatever to make your program work.

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing openssh v2.9-p2

I am trying to install openssh v2.9-p2 on Solaris 8. I already installed zlib and openssl, as required in INSTALL file. But when I issue ./configure to configure openssh v2.9-p2 for my platform ( I got the sources), it stops in the folowing message: checking for OpenSSL directory... configure:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: htsubamoto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenSSH

Help! SSH is returning the following error message: OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 90581f, you have 90602f How can I correct this? (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenly
21 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with perl

hi, i have a script that coverts the file time in epoch time.but the problem is perl is not working inside the k-shell ---------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter the file" read n perl -e 'print ((stat("n")))'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A problem about openssh

When I first link a computer with ssh , the information "Warning: Permanently added ... (RSA) to the list of known hosts." will be occured. How can i avoid this information without use the parameter '-q'? tks!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragehunter
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

OpenSSH

Hello, I downloaded Cygwin to practice on my coursework from home. I was told to download the OpenSSH from Cygwin website so that I can access my files from home. However, the file saves itself with a cgi extension and I have no idea as to what I am supposed to do next. I found info on some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feliks0
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 6.1 - openssh - problem

Hello, I am new in aix unix. First i install openssl - success, next step i try install openssh when i put command geninstall -Y -d /myssh openssh.base i have this message: What is the problem? Thanks for help. Sorry for my bad english i still learning. ---------- Post updated at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
2 Replies

7. Fedora

OpenSSH Problem

Hello, I cannot seem to loggon to a machine using ssh/scp. Whenevr I do it closes the connection (error message : lost connection)but it appears to be the host machine closing rather than the destination which puzzles me even more. What is even weirder is that as a root user it works but as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with OpenSSH Remote Port Forwarding with Bind_address

As in the ssh(1) man page: -R bind_address:]port:host:hostport .......By default, the listening socket on the server will be bound to the loopback interface only. This may be overridden by specifying a bind_address. An empty bind_address, or the address `*', indicates... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.zuhd
2 Replies

9. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Openssh 6.8

Hi im using redhat enterprise linux 7 im trying to update to the latest openssh version 6.8 i ran the command yum update openssh and this upgraded only to version 6.6 how can i update to the latest version 6.8? thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
5 Replies
Config::Model::OpenSsh(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Config::Model::OpenSsh(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::OpenSsh - OpenSsh config editor SYNOPSIS
invoke editor The following will launch a graphical editor (if Config::Model::TkUI is installed): sudo cme edit sshd command line This command will add a "Host Foo" section in "~/.ssh/config": cme modify ssh Host:Foo ForwardX11=yes programmatic This code snippet will remove the "Host Foo" section added above: use Config::Model ; use Log::Log4perl qw(:easy) ; my $model = Config::Model -> new ( ) ; my $inst = $model->instance (root_class_name => 'Ssh'); $inst -> config_root ->load("Host~Foo") ; $inst->write_back() ; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a configuration editors (and models) for the configuration files of OpenSsh. ("/etc/ssh/sshd_config", /etc/ssh/ssh_config and "~/.ssh/config"). This module can also be used to modify safely the content of these configuration files from a Perl programs. Once this module is installed, you can edit "/etc/ssh/sshd_config" with run (as root) : # cme edit sshd To edit /etc/ssh/ssh_config, run (as root): # cme edit ssh To edit ~/.ssh/config, run as a normal user: # cme edit ssh user interfaces As mentioned in cme, several user interfaces are available with "edit" subcommand: o A graphical interface is proposed by default if Config::Model::TkUI is installed. o A Curses interface with option "cme edit ssh -ui curses" if Config::Model::CursesUI is installed. o A Shell like interface with option "cme edit ssh -ui shell". AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont, (ddumont at cpan dot org) SEE ALSO
cme, Config::Model, perl v5.14.2 2012-10-29 Config::Model::OpenSsh(3pm)