Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File missing from desktop
Operating Systems Linux File missing from desktop Post 302466647 by nixhead on Wednesday 27th of October 2010 01:48:36 AM
Old 10-27-2010
File missing from desktop

I was using Fedora 9 with Gnome Desktop environment. I forgot my root password so I tried to recover the root's password by single user login at bootloader. I am able to login now. But some folders on my desktop are missing.
So is there any mean by which I can recover my files on folder? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send working command to a specified file or desktop

Hi Is there any way to save the command using on the terminal to a specified file with out typing it in a word. for ex. awk '{print $1)' input.txt Is it possible to save (in wordpad or microsoftword) and send the text of the command "awk '{print $1)' input.txt" to a targetted file in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: repinementer
1 Replies

2. Debian

error running firefox.desktop file

Hi, I installed the FF3 on my new Debian, and part of the installation guidance is to save a file named firefox.desktop on the desktop, which should act like a shortcut to the FF. The file content is: Name=Mozilla Firefox Browser Comment=lightweight browser based on mozilla Exec=firefox... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonesD1
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to print the missing lines in 1 file from 1 file via script

Hi, I am writting a script which will take all the files present in 2 directories. (the 2 directories have the same files with same name but some different content) i need 2 compare 2 files and then copy the contents of file1 to file2. the contents which are missing in file1 and nothing from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
8 Replies

4. Linux

Desktop file missing

I was using Fedora 9 with Gnome Desktop environment. I forgot my root password so I tried to recover the root's password by single user login at bootloader. I am able to login now. But some folders on my desktop are missing. So is there any mean by which I can recover my files on folder? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
2 Replies

5. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

GNOME Desktop - Setting missing from dconf-editor?

Hello All, Last night I installed OpenSuSE 12.1 (i586) on a HP Mini 110 laptop. And I selected GNOME as my Desktop during install... So I was trying to customize some things about the desktop, for example adding the Maximize/Minimize/Close options to the titlebar of a window. I did this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Extension Missing in file-$var.csv

I'm afraid this is a silly question but I can't figure it out. I have a script like so... echo "Enter DRDL Signature Version Number" read DRDL_Number mv signature_output.csv SERVICE_OBJECTS_S-$DRDL_Number.csv The resultant filename does not contain the .csv as follows.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Systemd errors of missing file “No such file or directory” inspite of file being present

The contents of my service file srvtemplate-data-i4-s1.conf is Description=test service for users After=network.target local-fs.target Type=forking RemainAfterExit=no PIDFile=/data/i4/srvt.pid LimitCORE=infinity EnvironmentFile=%I . . . WantedBy=multi-user.target (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

XFCE Desktop - trash, cannot execute file, command prompt here missing.

Hi there, I am using the xfce4 is already the newest version (4.12.5). thunar is already the newest version (1.8.4-1). The distribution is Linux kali 4.19.0-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.13-1kali1 (2019-01-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux However, the problem is: When I when I click on any program to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies
LOGIN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  LOGIN(8)

NAME
login.krb5 - kerberos enhanced login program SYNOPSIS
login.krb5 [-p] [-fFe username] [-r | -k | -K | -h hostname] DESCRIPTION
login.krb5 is a modification of the BSD login program which is used for two functions. It is the sub-process used by krlogind and telnetd to initiate a user session and it is a replacement for the command-line login program which, when invoked with a password, acquires Ker- beros tickets for the user. login.krb5 will prompt for a username, or take one on the command line, as login.krb5 username and will then prompt for a password. This password will be used to acquire Kerberos Version 5 tickets (if possible.) It will also attempt to run aklog to get AFS tokens for the user. The version 5 tickets will be tested against a local krb5.keytab if it is available, in order to verify the tickets, before letting the user in. However, if the password matches the entry in /etc/passwd the user will be unconditionally allowed (permitting use of the machine in case of network failure.) OPTIONS
-p preserve the current environment -r hostname pass hostname to rlogind. Must be the last argument. -h hostname pass hostname to telnetd, etc. Must be the last argument. -f name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -F name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -e name Perform pre-authenticated, encrypted login. Must do term negotiation. CONFIGURATION
login.krb5 is also configured via krb5.conf using the login stanza. A collection of options dealing with initial authentication are pro- vided: krb5_get_tickets Use password to get V5 tickets. Default value true. krb_run_aklog Attempt to run aklog. Default value false. aklog_path Where to find it [not yet implemented.] Default value $(prefix)/bin/aklog. accept_passwd Don't accept plaintext passwords [not yet implemented]. Default value false. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection or tty associated with stderr. SEE ALSO
rlogind(8), rlogin(1), telnetd(8) LOGIN(8)