Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Scripting:Fetching content from each line with respect to pattern. Post 302466408 by saluja.deepak on Tuesday 26th of October 2010 10:31:41 AM
Old 10-26-2010
MySQL Shell Scripting:Fetching content from each line with respect to pattern.

one.txt
Code:
ONS.820.log:V[4.1] 20Oct2010:GP[^[KV001^] ^[tk003^] ^[338-1^]
ONS.123.log:V[4.1] 21Oct2010:GP[^[KV003^] ^[tk002^] ^[338-2^]
ONS.820.log:V[4.1] 30Oct2010:GP[^[KV002^] ^[tk001^] ^[338-3^]

want to make new file from existing one with addition.

Code:
20Oct2010 User KV001 has name tk003 with buffer- 338-1
21Oct2010 User KV003 has name tk002 with buffer- 338-2
30Oct2010 User KV002 has name tk001 with buffer- 338-3

The concept is match the multiple pattern and adding the string with pattern and modify the line.for example
ONS.820.log:V[4.1]- is deleted to make o/p.
GP[^[KV001^] - fetch only value from GP.
^[tk003^] -fetch only value and same with next.

Any expert comments on this?Smilie

Last edited by vgersh99; 10-26-2010 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: code tags, please!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching just the matching pattern

Hi Everybody, I would like you to help me with the following problem. Given is a path to a file like this: /root/DIR/subdir/file.dat Having this path I would like to grep/sed or whatever the directory string that matches the following pattern ''. I just need the matching directory... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hhoosscchhii
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in shell scripting.

Hey Guys, I have a shell script that is very simple and does the following. #!/usr/bin/bash set -x echo -n "can you write device drivers?" read answer if then echo "wow, you must be very skilled" else echo "neither can i, i am just shell script" fi you see where the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting: Compare pattern in two files and merge the o/p in one.

one.txt ONS.1287677000.820.log 20Oct2010 ONS.1287677000.123.log 21Oct2010 ONS.1287677000.456.log 22Oct2010 two.txt ONS.1287677000.820.log:V AC CC EN ONS.1287677000.123.log:V AC CC EN ONS.1287677000.820.log:V AC CC EN In file two.txt i have to look for pattern which column one... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to kill process with respect to terminal

Hi, I've a script which kills all process, but i need a script shell script(sh), where it'll kill process on that particular terminal. below is example TY=`tty` for P in $TY do `kill -9 $P 2>/dev/null`; done echo "test process killed" break ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching string after matching pattern from last

I have a file a file having entries are like @ram@sham@sita @krishan@kumar @deep@kumar@hello@sham in this file all line are having different no of pattern-@. need to fetch the substring after the last pattern. like sita kumar sham thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with scripting-->Inserting a line before a pattern

Hi Guys, I have written the following script test.sh in Linux . read -p "Please enter the name of the application: " DIRTOCREATE read -p "Please enter the number of associates to be given access to svn:" COUNT for (( i=0 ; i<$COUNT ; i++ )) do read -p "Enter the associate id :"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_1990
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching a line matching a pattern

Hi Gurus, I have a file as follows (Sample shown below but the list is very huge) SCHEDULE WS1#JS1 RUNCYCLE1 : WS1#JOB1 WS1#JOB2 FOLLOWS JOB1 END SCHEDULE WS2#JS1 RUNCYCLE2 : WS1#JOB3 WS1#JOB1 FOLLOWS JOB3 WS2#JOB1 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting , need to search and print a line that contains a specific pattern

Take example of below file. abc.txt nas1:/abc/test/test1 /test nas1:/abc/test/test1/test2 /test/abc nas1:/abc/test/ Now i have a variable that contains "nas1:/abc/test/test1" value , so i need to search the above file for this variable and print only this line. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of file before the first occurrence of a line starts with a pattern in another file

Hi all, I'm new to scripting.. facing some problems while inserting content of a file into another file... I want to insert content of a file (file2) into file1, before first occurrence of "line starts with pattern" in file1 file1 ====== working on linux its unix world working on... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeesh Kumar
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cat command does not respect new line

Here's my script echo "1" >>hello.txt echo "2" >>hello.txt echo "3" >>hello.txt mailx -s "Check Status" #myteam@mycomp.com<hello.txt In Outlook I see EMail body as when I want it to be can you please suggest ? (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
29 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)