Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Preparing a list of spawned processes Post 302464900 by huskie69 on Thursday 21st of October 2010 09:06:34 AM
Old 10-21-2010
Hi Methyl

I can execute both commands (these are new to me).

If I run ptree 7133 (the process I want to kill) I get the following:

Code:
6737  /corp_sys/oas/1.0/glliv/middle/oracle/app/product/10.1.2.0.2/application_server
  6738  /corp_sys/oas/1.0/glliv/middle/oracle/app/product/10.1.2.0.2/application_server
    7128  /bin/sh /corp_sys/oas/1.0/glliv/middle/oracle/app/product/10.1.2.0.2/applicatio
      7133  tee -a reports.log
        7134  /corp_sys/oas/1.0/glliv/middle/oracle/app/product/10.1.2.0.2/application_server

However, it also lists parent processes... how do I get around that?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any cmd to kill a process including its childs ( or sub processes spawned by

Dear Unix Gurus, Here is my query. If i start a script,it inturn calls many other scripts ..and most of them continue to run in parallel. Suppose,if i want to stop my script for some reason,i need to kill -9 each of the processes running.It becomes clumsy if the sub processes r more. ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvsreddy_539
15 Replies

2. Linux

How to receive results from processes spawned on external machines using SSH

I am trying to get the number of cpus on a farm of linux boxes (about 100 of them) by 'sshing' to each of them and checking their /proc/cpuinfo file. So I have a local script localscript.sh on each of those 100 machines which retrieves the number of cpus in it by using its /proc/cpuinfo file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waavman
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to get list of processes

Hi, How can I get a list of all the running processes, in C? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yaron
13 Replies

4. SuSE

List of processes/ which ones to stop

Hi there, I've install a testserver with SLES 11.0! I'll install/test XEN + WebServer not all things at the moment! In a first time, I'd like to stop all unuse processes... but I don't understand all processes! As someone a list of all processes with his signification and which should/could... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to list 3 days old processes

ps -xfu <user name> this command line will list all the process currently running for <user name>. I need to filter this output. I need all the process which are running for more than 3 days(excluding demon/sys process) . The list should include PID, PPID, STIME, process/command. I am using... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
20 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List processes that are running on other hosts

Hi: How to list processes from all hosts, as opposed to the one you are working at? "ps ux" appears to list processes of the user on a single host only. Thanks. N.B Phil (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Get list of running network processes

Hello All I am trying to get a list of process or applications runninging on the network only. I should emphasize that im not interested in the application or process if its not using the network. I tried the good old netstat comand, but im not able to figure out how to list the running... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: busi386
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kill a list of processes

I am trying to kill a list of processes. I have found these two ways to list a group of process id's on a single line. How would I go about killing all of these processes all on one line? $ ps aux | grep 6243 | grep "a.out" | awk '{printf "%s ",$2}'ps aux | grep 6243 | grep "a.out" | awk... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

List all background processes

How do I list the process in a Unix based system which are running in background? The following are options that I'm aware of, but they may not be appropiate. a. using ps -ef , and getting records of processes for which STATUS='S'(uninterruptible sleep) b. using jobs -l, and filtering... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List processes using my memory

Here is the output of top command So you see 99% of memory is in use -> Mem: 66005468k total, 65662548k used, How can I find out all processes consuming this 99% memory in descending order of consumption i.e. starting with processes eating more memory. I need the total of the output to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
TNTNET-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  TNTNET-CONFIG(1)

NAME
tntnet-config - output compiler flags for tntnet usage SYNOPSIS
tntnet-config [--libs] [--cxxflags] [--config[=app]] [--makefile[=app]] [--project=app] [--autoproject=app] [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tntnet-config command. OPTIONS
This program's options start with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --libs Output linker flags. --cxxflags Output C++ preprocessor and compiler flags. --config[=app] Print default configuration file. --makefile[=app] Print a simple makefile for an ecpp project. --project=app Create a simple ecpp project directory. --autoproject=app Create a autotools based ecpp project. --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. AUTHOR
tntnet was written by Tommi Makitalo <tommi@tntnet.org>. This manual page was written by Kari Pahula <kaol@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
tntnet(8), ecppc(1), ecppl(1), ecppll(1). More documentation can be found in /usr/share/doc/tntnet-doc/. July 3, 2006 TNTNET-CONFIG(1)