Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Assign variable for INSERT INTO statement Post 302464103 by durden_tyler on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 09:39:12 AM
Old 10-19-2010
Post the contents of your entire script over here.

Quote:
...For point (b), I want to check the table is exists in database or not, If it exists then only do for INSERT INTO statement, So i used if condition with select count(*) statement. ...
Do you have a reason to believe that someone/something will drop that table ?
If you do, then there's something seriously wrong with either your application or its security.

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in insert statement

hi, When i try to run the code below, i get the following error "ksh: syntax error: `(' unexpected" i am not able to figure it out. Can anyone help me? Code: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
2 Replies

3. Programming

Dynamic Insert statement

I have a form , where i will put the values to a table. I wrote a insert statement for the same. Table structure is ename | character varying(30) | eadd | character varying(30) | eid | integer | sal | integer In the statements, i don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i assign an select statement into a variable?

I am trying to assign an select statement into a variable. Can someone hel me with this. example : a='select * from dual' echo $a should give me select * from dual But this is not working. I trying with \ before * and quotes too. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

Dear All, we have a command output which looks like : Total 200 queues in 30000 Kbytes and we're going to get "200" and "30000" for further process. currently, i'm using : numA=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $2}' numB=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $5}' my question is : can I use just one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert numbers to a in between statement

Hi Guys, I want to create a shell script that will give me the output below. I want to insert the numbers from the input file to my url addresses below. And from the numbers below, I want to separate the last digit with a period (i.e. from 222222222222 to 22222222222.2). Appreciate any help.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert date in a statement?

Hi Guys, Can somebody help me in inserting today's DATE format (20110709) in my awk statement. I have a script but its not working. inputfile.txt: 269,1,0,AAA,430 231,2,0,BBB,430 252,3,0,CCC,430 214,4,0,DDD,430 script.sh #!/bin/bash DATE="`date +%Y%m%d`" cd /var/opt/ (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a space and assign the value to another variable?

Hello, I need to insert a space between 2 strings. I used many techniques and all of them worked but when I assign the value to another variable then the inserted space vanishes, strange! Please advise. # dat=`date |awk '{print $2,$3}'` # echo $dat Nov 3 The above is perfectly fine. Now... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

I have the following script, and I want to assign the output ($10 and $5) from awk to N and L: grdinfo data.grd | awk '{print $10,$5}'| read N L output from gridinfo data.grd is: data.grd 50 100 41 82 -2796 6944 0.016 0.016 3001 2461. where N and L is suppose to be 3001 and 100. I use... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomarine
8 Replies
MYSQLI_STMT_BIND_PARAM(3)						 1						 MYSQLI_STMT_BIND_PARAM(3)

mysqli_stmt::bind_param - Binds variables to a prepared statement as parameters

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
bool mysqli_stmt::bind_param (string $types, mixed &$var1, [mixed &$...]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool mysqli_stmt_bind_param (mysqli_stmt $stmt, string $types, mixed &$var1, [mixed &$...]) Bind variables for the parameter markers in the SQL statement that was passed to mysqli_prepare(3). Note If data size of a variable exceeds max. allowed packet size (max_allowed_packet), you have to specify b in $types and use mysqli_stmt_send_long_data(3) to send the data in packets. Note Care must be taken when using mysqli_stmt_bind_param(3) in conjunction with call_user_func_array(3). Note that mysqli_stmt_bind_param(3) requires parameters to be passed by reference, whereas call_user_func_array(3) can accept as a parameter a list of variables that can represent references or values. PARAMETERS
o $ stmt -Procedural style only: A statement identifier returned by mysqli_stmt_init(3). o $types - A string that contains one or more characters which specify the types for the corresponding bind variables: Type specification chars +----------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Character | | | | | | | Description | | | | +----------+---------------------------------------------------+ | i | | | | | | | corresponding variable has type integer | | | | | d | | | | | | | corresponding variable has type double | | | | | s | | | | | | | corresponding variable has type string | | | | | b | | | | | | | corresponding variable is a blob and will be sent | | | in packets | | | | +----------+---------------------------------------------------+ o $var1 - The number of variables and length of string $types must match the parameters in the statement. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $mysqli = new mysqli('localhost', 'my_user', 'my_password', 'world'); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } $stmt = $mysqli->prepare("INSERT INTO CountryLanguage VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)"); $stmt->bind_param('sssd', $code, $language, $official, $percent); $code = 'DEU'; $language = 'Bavarian'; $official = "F"; $percent = 11.2; /* execute prepared statement */ $stmt->execute(); printf("%d Row inserted. ", $stmt->affected_rows); /* close statement and connection */ $stmt->close(); /* Clean up table CountryLanguage */ $mysqli->query("DELETE FROM CountryLanguage WHERE Language='Bavarian'"); printf("%d Row deleted. ", $mysqli->affected_rows); /* close connection */ $mysqli->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = mysqli_connect('localhost', 'my_user', 'my_password', 'world'); /* check connection */ if (!$link) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } $stmt = mysqli_prepare($link, "INSERT INTO CountryLanguage VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)"); mysqli_stmt_bind_param($stmt, 'sssd', $code, $language, $official, $percent); $code = 'DEU'; $language = 'Bavarian'; $official = "F"; $percent = 11.2; /* execute prepared statement */ mysqli_stmt_execute($stmt); printf("%d Row inserted. ", mysqli_stmt_affected_rows($stmt)); /* close statement and connection */ mysqli_stmt_close($stmt); /* Clean up table CountryLanguage */ mysqli_query($link, "DELETE FROM CountryLanguage WHERE Language='Bavarian'"); printf("%d Row deleted. ", mysqli_affected_rows($link)); /* close connection */ mysqli_close($link); ?> The above examples will output: 1 Row inserted. 1 Row deleted. SEE ALSO
mysqli_stmt_bind_result(3), mysqli_stmt_execute(3), mysqli_stmt_fetch(3), mysqli_prepare(3), mysqli_stmt_send_long_data(3), mysqli_stmt_errno(3), mysqli_stmt_error(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_STMT_BIND_PARAM(3)