Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Scp from local to external directory Post 302464095 by DGPickett on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 09:24:00 AM
Old 10-19-2010
With all *cp -r, the thing to be careful about is that the target is a directory you want to put the source directory into. Only scp has a -d option to help you ensure this. Commands should be repeatable with identical effect.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

To find the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine and SCP to local machine?

Hi All, URGENT - Please help me form a scipt for this: I need the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine to be SCP'd to a dir on local machine. (and I need to execute this from local server) I know that the below cmd is used to find the LATEST file from a dir. But this command is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_ub
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Environment Variable for Local Directory?

This seems like a simple thing, but I can't seem to find an environment variable that has the local/current directory stored in it. I have a script that writes out the files in a directory. I want to append the full path to the file names in the output file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ttilsch
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files from different directory from remote server to one directory in local

Hi All, I want to search for .log files from folders and sub folders in remote server and FTP them to one particular folder in the local machine. I dont want to copy the entire directory tree structure, just have to take all the .log files from all the folders by doing a recursive search from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dassv
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

directory copy with scp

I need to copy all files and directories with scp, but seems I am missing something? /usr/bin/scp -p /custscripts/* rmprod2:/custscripts doesn't copy directories and files under them. Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP error: No such file or directory

Hi, I am trying to do scp using the following script: #!/usr/local/bin/bash BUILDDATE=20120220 for line in `cat arch_host_plat_src_dest` do src=`echo $line | cut -d: -f4` dest=`echo $line | cut -d: -f5` echo scp -p /builds/${BUILDDATE}/Integration/$src ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Technext
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the Shell Script from external directory using java?

Hi, I have created a Shell Script and invoke through java using Process Builder It's working fine, if (Shell script file ) in the same directory as java file. By Problem: How to run the Shell Script file( resides in external directory) using java. What configuration i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replicate remote directory to local directory with ftp

I have system that generate files every 1 hours , i only have ftp connection from my local server to remote . $ ls -al -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.0800 -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.0900 -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.1000 is there any perl / php... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp from variable date directory

I am trying the mentioned script as #!/usr/bin/expect -f # connect via scp spawn scp root@10.71.15.34:/apps/log/ui/(date +\%Y\%m\%d)/BATCH*.log /root/BATCH_VSAT_MME01.log ####################### expect { -re ".*es.*o.*" { exp_send "yes\r" exp_continue } -re ".*sword.*" { exp_send... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Pawar
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

Ping domain indicates the external ip address and not the local ip

when i execute from local machine ping domainname i get the external ip address but i am on local dns and i expect the local ip address.. using nslookup : no problem so i cannot find why... thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: activedms
2 Replies
hal-find(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      hal-find(1M)

NAME
hal-find, hal-find-by-capability, hal-find-by-property - search HAL global device list SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability --capability capability [--help] [--verbose] [--version] hal-find-by-property --key key --string value [--help] [--verbose] [--version] DESCRIPTION
The hal-find commands, hal-find-by-capability and hal-find-by-property, search the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) device list by speci- fied criteria and displays results on the standard output. hal-find-by-capability searches by capability, such as volume or block. hal- find-by-property searches by property, such as block.is_volume or volume.disc.has_audio. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability capability HAL device capability to search for. --help Display list of options. --key key The key to the property that is the basis of the search. --string value The string value associated with the property that is the basis of the search. --verbose Verbose mode. --version Display version and exit. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), attributes(5), hal(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Aug 2006 hal-find(1M)