Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File name
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File name Post 302463621 by dsa on Monday 18th of October 2010 05:19:04 AM
Old 10-18-2010
Can anybody help me out please?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
MKSTR(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  MKSTR(1)

NAME
mkstr -- create an error message file by massaging C source SYNOPSIS
mkstr [-] messagefile prefix file ... DESCRIPTION
mkstr creates files containing error messages extracted from C source, and restructures the same C source, to use the created error message file. The intent of mkstr was to reduce the size of large programs and reduce swapping (see BUGS section below). mkstr processes each of the specified files, placing a restructured version of the input in a file whose name consists of the specified prefix and the original name. A typical usage of mkstr is mkstr pistrings xx *.c This command causes all the error messages from the C source files in the current directory to be placed in the file pistrings and restruc- tured copies of the sources to be placed in files whose names are prefixed with xx. Options: - Error messages are placed at the end of the specified message file for recompiling part of a large mkstr ed program. mkstr finds error messages in the source by searching for the string `error("' in the input stream. Each time it occurs, the C string start- ing at the '"' is stored in the message file followed by a null character and a new-line character; The new source is restructured with lseek(2) pointers into the error message file for retrieval. char efilname = "/usr/lib/pi_strings"; int efil = -1; error(a1, a2, a3, a4) { char buf[256]; if (efil < 0) { efil = open(efilname, 0); if (efil < 0) { oops: perror(efilname); exit 1 ; } } if (lseek(efil, a1, 0) < 0 || read(efil, buf, 256) <= 0) goto oops; printf(buf, a2, a3, a4); } SEE ALSO
xstr(1), lseek(2) HISTORY
mkstr appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
mkstr was intended for the limited architecture of the PDP-11 family. Very few programs actually use it. It is not an efficient method, the error messages should be stored in the program text. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD