Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX What is maxreqs parameter in AIX? Post 302462894 by thepurple on Friday 15th of October 2010 09:04:43 AM
Old 10-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxmaus
I agree with zaxxon - this is the very well known ora600 error Smilie When we were running into it, IBM recommended to set the value on all our 5.3 servers to 65536 - we did it and never faced that error again Smilie

Regards
zxmaus
Quit informative reply from you gentlemen.

well, how to bump up the "maxreqs" value to 65536. By which command?

Do I need to restart the Aix and Oracle dbase after changing the value?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I make dynamic parameter names? Or get the value of a parameter evaluated twi

Say I write something like the following: var1=1 var2=2 for int in 1 2 do echo "\$var$int" done I want the output to be: 1 2 Instead I get something like: $var1 $var2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX kernal parameter same as of solaris tcp_conn_req_max_q

I have some requirement to tune the kernal parameter but want to know which is equal to tcp_conn_req_max_q in solaris?? thanksin advance. amir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amiri2000
1 Replies

3. AIX

aix:ksh: /usr/bin/rm: 0403-027 The parameter list is too long.

Hi, I am getting the below error message When i am trying to delete the files from the directory.Could you please guide me? rm *.aud ksh: /usr/bin/rm: 0403-027 The parameter list is too long. and find /oracle/admin/testP/adump/*.aud -mtime +5 -exec rm {} \; ksh: /usr/bin/find:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokiae63
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command that takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in parameter

Hi I am looking for a unix command or a small shell script which can takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in the parameter in any or all files under say /home/dev/ Can anyone please help me on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankaj80
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

6. AIX

0403-027 The parameter list is too long on AIX 5.3

Hi we are using AIX 5.3 64bit I have near about 79000 log file having naming convention like "IFTMBCSun Aug 14 07:45:00 PAKST 2011". This naming convention was created by a script error, now we need to rename these log file by removing extar spaces and (:) colon for that we wrote below script ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the parameter value from the parameter file in perl?

hi all, i have a parameter file of following format, i want a method which can get the value of specific parameter. parameter file format: <Parameter Name="FileLocationWindows"> <Description> The directory location of the logger file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmikant.hcl
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resolving a parameter which is passed as parameter

Hi, I have the following files. ->cat scr.sh export TMP_DIR=/home/user/folder1 export TMP_DIR_2=/home/user/folder2 while read line do cat "$line" done<file_list.dat ------------------------ -> cat file_list.dat $TMP_DIR/file1.txt $TMP_DIR_2/file2.txt --------------------------- -> cat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barath
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Script with Parameter (that has another parameter)

Hi. How do I achieve this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh "@/EDWH-DMT02/script/others/CSM_CKC/Complete_List.sql ${file_name}" Complete_List.txt The /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh has two parameters and it's working fine with this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use parameter expansion over a parameter expansion in bash.

Hello All, Could you please do help me here as I would like to perform parameter expansion in shell over a parameter expansion. Let's say I have following variable. path="/var/talend/nat/cdc" Now to get only nat I could do following. path1="${path%/*}" path1="${path1##*/}" Here... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
PROFIL(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							 PROFIL(2)

NAME
profil -- control process profiling SYNOPSIS
int profil(char *samples, size_t size, u_long offset, u_int scale); DESCRIPTION
The profil() function enables or disables program counter profiling of the current process. If profiling is enabled, then at every clock tick, the kernel updates an appropriate count in the samples buffer. The buffer samples contains size bytes and is divided into a series of 16-bit bins. Each bin counts the number of times the program counter was in a particular address range in the process when a clock tick occurred while profiling was enabled. For a given program counter address, the number of the corresponding bin is given by the relation: [(pc - offset) / 2] * scale / 65536 The offset parameter is the lowest address at which the kernel takes program counter samples. The scale parameter ranges from 1 to 65536 and can be used to change the span of the bins. A scale of 65536 maps each bin to 2 bytes of address range; a scale of 32768 gives 4 bytes, 16384 gives 8 bytes and so on. Intermediate values provide approximate intermediate ranges. A scale value of 0 disables profiling. RETURN VALUES
If the scale value is nonzero and the buffer samples contains an illegal address, profil() returns -1, profiling is terminated and errno is set appropriately. Otherwise profil() returns 0. FILES
/usr/lib/gcrt0.o profiling C run-time startup file gmon.out conventional name for profiling output file ERRORS
The following error may be reported: [EFAULT] The buffer samples contains an invalid address. SEE ALSO
gprof(1) BUGS
This routine should be named profile(). The samples argument should really be a vector of type unsigned short. The format of the gmon.out file is undocumented. BSD
June 4, 1993 BSD