Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Need help converting ctlU (^U) to a \12... Post 302462178 by DGPickett on Wednesday 13th of October 2010 12:35:12 PM
Old 10-13-2010
The tr needs a different notation than ^X? Try \octal, \25 in this case.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting kb to mb

When I create filesystems in AIX i often get confused(using smit) When you specify size in aix, it is asked like this SIZE of file system (in 512-byte blocks) I never seem to grasp this, what is the equation to get say 500mb? Or is there a program anyone knows of that does this, like a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting .txt

Hello, I transferred some .txt files from windows to Unix. When i used the editor in Unix to open up the file, all the <cr> show up. How to I get rid of all of them? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting to Uppercase

I want to convert string into uppercase string. How can i do that ? Ex: Enter the user name: read name show=upper(name) echo $show --- This output should be the uppercase output. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
3 Replies

4. SCO

Converting

I use Sco_Sv 3.2v5.0.5 with parellel conection using dump terminals and i want to convert them to desktop pc. Anybody knows what hardware and other thing that would be involved? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeyou
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting \0 to a \n

Hi - I have seen some similar posts but I am a bit stumped here below is the first line of a 'od -c filename' command. I want to change the \0 to \n 0000000 l s \0 c d - \0 c d . . \0 l s I have tried a sed construct in a script......... sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Coins

Hi all, I have never written a script so I guess you could say I am very yellow.:) However, I could use some help.... I need to write a Korn Shell Script that converts coins. Meaning if I print or echo "Please enter amount:" and the user puts in 3.87, I need to know the least amount of coins... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tzeman
11 Replies

7. SCO

library converting

Hi everybody Is there any sco unix command to convert .so library to .a (under sco unix openserver.5.0.6) tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Help converting my Script

So i have been asked to write a script for a friend who has a server running solaris 11. My problem is the correct syntax i can't seem to get it work with the follow code, i have read through the date man page and found no work around Below is the code for part of the rsync script. The code i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paperghost
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting empty value into NA

I have a set of values separated by a tab ch:12 1 3 4 ch:13 3 3 4 ch:25 1 8 ch:23 2 8 1 There is a missing value in the third column and i would like replace it with NA such that the final output would look like ch:12 1 3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in converting

I have Excel file with the below three columns, i need your expertise in converting this to .csv file delimiter "|" Excel - Serial Number Serial Name Serial Brand 111 test sample 123 test2 sample1 134 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_hp
9 Replies
inet_addr(3XNET)				   X/Open Networking Services Library Functions 				  inet_addr(3XNET)

NAME
inet_addr, inet_network, inet_makeaddr, inet_lnaof, inet_netof, inet_ntoa - Internet address manipulation SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lxnet [ library ... ] #include <arpa/inet.h> in_addr_t inet_addr(const char *cp); in_addr_t inet_lnaof(struct in_addr in); struct in_addr inet_makeaddr(in_addr_t net, in_addr_t lna); in_addr_t inet_netof(struct in_addr in); in_addr_t inet_network(const char *cp); char *inet_ntoa(struct in_addr in); DESCRIPTION
The inet_addr() function converts the string pointed to by cp, in the Internet standard dot notation, to an integer value suitable for use as an Internet address. The inet_lnaof() function takes an Internet host address specified by in and extracts the local network address part, in host byte order. The inet_makeaddr() function takes the Internet network number specified by net and the local network address specified by lna, both in host byte order, and constructs an Internet address from them. The inet_netof() function takes an Internet host address specified by in and extracts the network number part, in host byte order. The inet_network() function converts the string pointed to by cp, in the Internet standard dot notation, to an integer value suitable for use as an Internet network number. The inet_ntoa() function converts the Internet host address specified by in to a string in the Internet standard dot notation. All Internet addresses are returned in network order (bytes ordered from left to right). Values specified using dot notation take one of the following forms: a.b.c.d When four parts are specified, each is interpreted as a byte of data and assigned, from left to right, to the four bytes of an Internet address. a.b.c When a three-part address is specified, the last part is interpreted as a 16-bit quantity and placed in the rightmost two bytes of the network address. This makes the three-part address format convenient for specifying Class B network addresses as 128.net.host. a.b When a two-part address is supplied, the last part is interpreted as a 24-bit quantity and placed in the rightmost three bytes of the network address. This makes the two-part address format convenient for specifying Class A network addresses as net.host. a When only one part is given, the value is stored directly in the network address without any byte rearrangement. All numbers supplied as parts in dot notation may be decimal, octal, or hexadecimal, that is, a leading 0x or 0X implies hexadecimal, as specified in the ISO C standard; otherwise, a leading 0 implies octal; otherwise, the number is interpreted as decimal. USAGE
The return value of inet_ntoa() may point to static data that may be overwritten by subsequent calls to inet_ntoa(). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, inet_addr() returns the Internet address. Otherwise, it returns (in_addr_t)(-1). Upon successful completion, inet_network() returns the converted Internet network number. Otherwise, it returns (in_addr_t)(-1). The inet_makeaddr() function returns the constructed Internet address. The inet_lnaof() function returns the local network address part. The inet_netof() function returns the network number. The inet_ntoa() function returns a pointer to the network address in Internet-standard dot notation. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
endhostent(3XNET), endnetent(3XNET), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Jun 2002 inet_addr(3XNET)