Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sed or Awk usage to rename string Post 302461550 by Scrutinizer on Monday 11th of October 2010 02:57:43 PM
Old 10-11-2010
Using parameter expansion:
Code:
for i in *_*_*.wav
do
  t=${i#*_}
  mv "$i" "${i%.*}-${t%%of*}.${i##*.}"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed/awk String problem

I would appreciate it if any one can guide me in using awk perhaps sed in extracting some values from a long string. here is an example. .......some lines here........ ........ aaaa bbbb cccc ddddd eeeee fffff gggg (time:hhhh)........ ......some lines here also.......... How can I extract... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed - getting string instead of number

Hi! I am writing a script handling downloading list of files and I have to check whether file is present locally and if not finished than continue downloading. To do so I have to compare sizes of remote file and local file. To check remote file size I have to parse something like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrwath
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage...sed/awk/reg-exp ..in shell scripting

in shell scripting there is extensive usage of i> regular expression ii>sed iii>awk can anyone tell me the suitable contexts ...i mean which one is suitable for what kind of operation. like the reg-exp and sed seems to be doing the same job..i.e pattern matching (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobydick
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

String editing using sed? awk?

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Problem Statement for project: When an account is created on the CS Unix network, a public html directory is created in the account's home directory. A default web page is put into that directory. Some users replace or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: peage1475
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

match string exactly with awk/sed

Hi all, I have a list that I would like to parse with awk/sed. The list is contains entries such as: JournalTitle: Biochemistry JournalTitle: Biochemistry and cell biology = Biochimie et biologie cellulaire JournalTitle: Biochemistry and experimental biology JournalTitle: Biochemistry and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: euval
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename file using sed or awk

I have a filename like 1_DATE_3_4.5_888 and I want to modify the date field (ie the last 4 digits ) alone and remove the last field. Old filename:1_DATE_3_4.5_888 Given date (for eg):120606259532 modified date:120606259899 new filename:1_<modified date>_3.4.5 (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy88
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed awk to remove the , in a string

Dear All, Can anyone help to remove the , bewteen "" in a string by using sed or awk? e.g. input : 1,4,5,"abcdef","we,are,here",4,"help hep" output:1,4,5,"abcdef","wearehere",4,"help hep" Thanks, Mimi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mimilaw
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)