Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to ignore delimiters inside the quotes? Post 302461476 by Ganesh Khandare on Monday 11th of October 2010 09:25:52 AM
Old 10-11-2010
How to ignore delimiters inside the quotes?

Hi Experts,
How to ignore any delimiters which is inside the quotes. in awk script.
I am having script which counts number of delimiters from the line now i need count delimiters only separators .

Code:
`grep "14" | cut  -d"="  -f2` -F'~'if (NF-1 != v1)  '

this command counts number of Tilde from line suppose line contains Tilde =14 then correct else error. but
This command finds all the Tilde from line .
I need only column separators to be count.

Thanks & Regards,
Ganesh

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code-tags for code. Thank you.

Last edited by bakunin; 10-11-2010 at 11:10 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

escaping double-quotes inside the script?

I'm having a strange problem with escaping double-quotes. I have a script that looks like this: #!/bin/bash for HOST in `cat $INFILE | grep -v ^#` do for VFILER in `some_command` do echo " " echo -e '\E The problem with ssh command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GKnight
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed removing comma inside double quotes

I have a csv file with lines like the followings 123456,"ABC CO., LTD","XXX" 789012,"DEF LIMITED", "XXX" before I bcp this file to database, the comma in "CO.," need to be removed first. My script is cat <filename> | sed 's/"CO.,"/"CO."/g' but it doesn't work. Can anyone here able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joanneho
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore delimiter between the quotes?

Hi Guys, I have following script which counts number of tilde in file but i want to count tilde which are field saparator.but my script count tilde between word also what i need is if line is like abcd~das~1212~fsddf~ so tilde count is = 4 if line like abcd~das~1212~fsd"~"df~ so tilda count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Khandare
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove two delimiters, space and double quotes

I would like to know how to replace a space delimiter with a ^_ (\037) delimiter and a double quote delimiter while maintaining the spaces inside the double quotes. The double quote delimiter is only used on text fields. I'd prefer a one-liner, but could handle a function or script that accepts... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteveDWin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to echo single quotes inside awk

# echo 'export HISTFILE=/var/log/history/history_$(uname -n)_$(date +%Y:%b:%d:%H:%M)_$(who am i | awk '{print \$1}')' >> new_file # # cat new_file export HISTFILE=/var/log/history/history_$(uname -n)_$(date +%Y:%b:%d:%H:%M)_$(who am i | awk {print $1}) # Now how to echo the quotes around the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserve commas inside double quotes (perl)

Hi, I have an input file like this $ cat infile hi,i,"am , sam", y hello ,good, morning abcd, " ef, gh " ,ij no, "good,morning", yes, "good , afternoon" from this file I have to split the fields on basis of comma"," however, I the data present inside double qoutes should be treated as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print - fields separated with comma's need to ignore inbetween double quotes

I am trying to re-format a .csv file using awk. I have 6 fields in the .csv file. Some of the fields are enclosed in double quotes and contain comma's inside the quotes. awk is breaking this into multiple fields. Sample lines from the .csv file: Device Name,Personnel,Date,Solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxrst
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL - quotes inside a string assigned to a var

I know that set line "This is a line." puts whats between " inside the var line. But How do I do the same for set line "This is a line "with quotations" inside the string." (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Skip the delimiter with in double quotes and count the number of delimiters during data extract

Hi All, I'm stuck-up in finding a way to skip the delimiter which come within double quotes using awk or any other better option. can someone please help me out. Below are the details: Delimited: | Sample data: 742433154|"SYN|THESIS MED CHEM PTY.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrahmaNaiduA
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expansion of variable inside Single Quotes Fails!!

I am unable to expand the value of entry variable inside the nawk command. I tried three different nawk command as below but none of them substitute the value of entry variable. ls *.txt | while IFS='' read -r entry; do #nawk '/<name>/{A=1;++i} A{print >> ("cmd"i"_"$entry)}... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
FCALL(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  FCALL(3)

NAME
fcall - recreate packet delimiters SYNOPSIS
Fctlfd = open(".../ctl", ORDWR); Fwrite(ctlfd, "push fcall", 10); DESCRIPTION
Fcall is a stream module (see stream(3)) that can be pushed onto a connection to a 9P file server. The function of the module is to recre- ate packet delimiters lost in transmission. The 9P protocol demands that network connections preserve delimiters between messages written to the file server. Stream based protocols, like TCP, are unable to preserve delimiters. The delimiters must be recreated by the receiver before a packet is read by a file system. Fcall examines a data stream and identifies 9P messages from their type. The length of the message is computed from the header. Data is collected and buffered by the stream module until an entire 9P message has been assembled. A single message is then delimited and sent upstream to be read by a file server. SEE ALSO
stream(3), ip(3), exportfs(4), srv(4) SOURCE
/sys/src/9/port/stfcall.c FCALL(3)