Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding multiple zero's in a file Post 302461472 by ygemici on Monday 11th of October 2010 09:04:50 AM
Old 10-11-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by frans
Ooops !
I edit my post !!
Smilie

Another one Smilie

Code:
# ./justdoit
Too many(->3) zeroes in file "file1.txt" line 4 -->      0          0         0         545

Too many(->4) zeroes in file "file2.txt" line 4 -->      0         0       0        0
Too many(->4) zeroes in file "file2.txt" line 5 -->      0         0       0        0

Code:
## justdoit ##
#!/bin/bash
for file in file1.txt file2.txt
 do
  c=1
  while read -r l
   do
    if [[ $( echo "$l" | sed 's/[^ ]0[^ ]\|[^0 ]\|[^ 0]\|[^ ]0\|0[^ ]//g' | wc -w ) -gt 1 ]] ; then
     echo -e "Too many(->$(echo "$l" | sed 's/[^ ]0[^ ]\|[^0 ]\|[^ 0]\|[^ ]0\|0[^ ]//g' | wc -w)) zeroes in file $file line $c --> \t $l "
    fi
    ((c++))
   done <$file
   echo -e "\nProcessing Other File.."
   c=1
 done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding multiple file types with "-o"

i was just wondering if any one had a good example of finding mutliple file types with the -o option or any other alternatives. find . \( -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.tag" \) for some reason i'm not having much luck and the man page isn't very descriptive. what i am trying to do is find all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expression for Finding Multiple Directories..??

I am writing a shell script to search for previous versions of an application...the application is called TAU and basically i want to search the users home directory and /Applications for any instances of a "TAU" folder.. If found i want to give the user the option to remove the old folders and if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meskue
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding Names in multiple files

What's the best way to see if a common name exists in two separate files? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rally_Point
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding names in multiple files - second attempt

I couldn't find the original thread that I created and since I didn't get a definitive answer, I figured I'd try again. Maybe this time I can describe what I want a little better. I've got two files, each with thousands of names all separated by new line. I want to know if 'name in file1'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rally_Point
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple regex finding in files

Hello folks, I have a text file aa.txt that contains below text (\')|(\-\-) ((\%3D)|(=)) 20%0d% i want to search each line pattern in /opt/1.log and /opt/2.log. Can some one suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding multiple column values and match in a fixed length file

Hi, I have a fixed length file where I need to verify the values of 3 different fields, where each field will have a different value. How can I do that in a single step. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen_sangam
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding nth line across multiple files

I have several files (around 50) that have the similar format. I need to extract the 5th line from every file and output that into a text file. So far, I have been able to figure out how to do it for a single file: $ awk 'NR==5' text1.txt > results.txt OR $ sed -n '5p' text1.txt > results.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oriqin
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding strings through multiple lines

Hi, I need to search for a multiple line pattern and remove it the pattern is search for (ln number) <TABLE name=*> and if 3 lines below that the line is (ln number) </TABLE> Then remove those 4 lines. Thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: legolad
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding matches between multiple files from different directories

Hi all... Can somebody pls help me with this... I have a directory (dir1) which has many subdirectories(vr001,vr002,vr003..) with each subdir containing similar text file(say ras.txt). I have another directory(dir2) which has again got some subdir(vr001c,vr002c,vr003c..) with each subdir... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramya07
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the right file with multiple sort criteria

Hello, I have files in a directory with names like, ./f0/84.40_E1200_85.39_E1300_f0_r00_1300-ON-0.25_S7A_v4_47.19.1.out.txt ./f0/84.40_E1200_85.83_E1200_f0_r00_1200-ON-0.25_S7A_v4_47.19.1.out.txt ./f0/84.60_E1100_86.45_E1100_f0_r00_1100-ON-0.25_S7A_v4_47.19.1.out.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
MV(1)							      General Commands Manual							     MV(1)

NAME
mv - move or rename files SYNOPSIS
mv [ -i ] [ -f ] [ - ] file1 file2 mv [ -i ] [ -f ] [ - ] file ... directory DESCRIPTION
Mv moves (changes the name of) file1 to file2. If file2 already exists, it is removed before file1 is moved. If file2 has a mode which forbids writing, mv prints the mode (see chmod(2)) and reads the standard input to obtain a line; if the line begins with y, the move takes place; if not, mv exits. In the second form, one or more files (plain files or directories) are moved to the directory with their original file-names. Mv refuses to move a file onto itself. Options: -i stands for interactive mode. Whenever a move is to supercede an existing file, the user is prompted by the name of the file followed by a question mark. If he answers with a line starting with 'y', the move continues. Any other reply prevents the move from occur- ring. -f stands for force. This option overrides any mode restrictions or the -i switch. - means interpret all the following arguments to mv as file names. This allows file names starting with minus. SEE ALSO
cp(1), ln(1) BUGS
If file1 and file2 lie on different file systems, mv must copy the file and delete the original. In this case the owner name becomes that of the copying process and any linking relationship with other files is lost. 4th Berkeley Distribution April 29, 1985 MV(1)