Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error while using typeset command Post 302460238 by boopathyvasagam on Wednesday 6th of October 2010 09:23:48 AM
Old 10-06-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchal_khare
type uname or uname -a

shebang is the special syntax as the first line of the script which tells in which environment the script should execute.

something like,

#! /usr/bin/bash will execute the script in bash shell.
in the same way #! /usr/bin/ksh for korn shell.

HI,
When i put 'echo $0', my output is '-bash'.
So i appended the shebang as '#! /usr/bin/bash' , it didnt work. But when i append '#! /usr/bin/ksh' it working fine.
Why is it so? My machine is in '-bash' only Right? Then why it is working after appending '#! /usr/bin/ksh' to it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TYPESET use

Hi all, I have problem understanding shell script.Written that $bindir/put_load.ksh ; typeset RV= $? I dont have any other document about script. How can i find that $bindir is exist or not what is the content of that, i am working on new box . how can i search that in old box what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

typeset -f ???

I have found this command *typeset* and the option * -f *, which should provide me the list of all the currently defined functions. Is there any possibility of specifying the file in which this command to search ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xinfinity
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

typeset and export command difference

Can anyone please explain what the difference is between these two commands typeset - ? export - i know with this even child process can read the variable Declare - ? i use bash shell http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/bash/bashref.html#SEC58 states that " The typeset command is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemsb
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

typeset

Can anyone show me a simple practical usage of typeset. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

typeset-r

Hi All , Can any one help me the meaning of typeset -r Thanks, venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatakotiy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typeset

Hi, Can any one please explain me the use of 'typeset' in shell scripting? I donot under stand the use and advantages of using typeset. In one of our script, it is written like typeset VERBOSE NO_UPDATE typeset LOAD_SYBASE_TABLES I donot understand what actually these lines do. As per my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how the typeset command works in shell script

typeset -l section section=${2:-.} what does these 2 lines meaning? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatababu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Struck with Typeset Command

Can someone explain whats this below command will do exactly.. typeset tmpFile1 tmpDir1 rc fileName fullName bc typeset tmpFile1 tmpFile2 rc fileSuffix uef typeset origFile bc fullName tmpDir1 remoteCmd inFile newInFile typeset num fn curDate fileSuffix ucFileName Since i'm new to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: help_scr_seeker
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset command issue

Hi, As per my understanding typeset wil lmake a variable constant or readonly and -i option will make a variable integer. But please see the below outputs typeset -i abc=000001;echo $abc 1 typeset -i abc=0000010;echo $abc 8 typeset -i abc=00000100;echo $abc 64 typeset -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typeset builtin error

I'm attempting to emulate another users .zshrc file. However, I'm sort of confused on what exactly the -g argument does for the typeset builtin. Here's what he has in his .zshrc file: typeset -ga sources sources+="$ZSH_CONFIG/environment.zsh" sources+="$ZSH_CONFIG/options.zsh"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brandontdr
4 Replies
gst-complete-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-complete-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-complete-0.8, gst-complete - perform bash completion for gst-launch command lines SYNOPSIS
complete -Cgst-complete-0.8 gst-launch gst-complete [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-complete-0.8 enables bash to provide context-sensitive tab completion for gst-launch command lines. See gst-launch(1) for the syntax of gst-launch command lines. You must have a version of bash that supports programmable completion. Such versions of bash provide the complete built-in command. gst-complete is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X. For example, if both gst-complete-0.7 and gst- complete-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-complete runs gst-complete-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-complete-0.8 and gst-complete: --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. The following options are supported by gst-complete only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating the Registry of Available Plugins by Running gst-compprep Run the following command in your .bash_profile or other appropriate place: example% complete -C gst-complete-0.8 gst-launch Example 2: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-complete --print /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.Executable for bash completion for gst-launch /usr/bin/gst-complete Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-complete-0.8(1)