Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix file migration
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix file migration Post 302459653 by methyl on Tuesday 5th of October 2010 06:52:10 AM
Old 10-05-2010
What database software are you using? (i.e. whatever you typed that LIST command in).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problems with migration from Reliant Unix to Solaris

:confused: Hello folks, my company had decided to migrate from Reliant Unix to Solaris. We have an amount of sources that have to be changed a little, because these UNIX'es are slightly different. Is there a tool (hopefully free), which can do this job? Does anyone know the exactly differences, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MS-No
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Migration to Unix

Hello, I work for a very small ISP who up until now has run a combination of Win2000 and NT4 servers for our services (mail, DNS, dial-up). Our equipment is showing it's age and we have been looking into changing into a Unix environment. Our biggest challenge right now is our dial-up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kukur
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCO UNIX to Linux migration

hi all i m working in a company ...and i have to migrate a C application running on SCO-UNIX to Red hat linux. can anybody tell me what is the difference between C commands and shell scripting on SCO-UNIX and LINUX. best regards harsh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickey
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Application Migration From MPE To Unix

Hi, Iam working on migration of perl applicaion from MPE/ix OS to UNIX. Perl Application uses MPE::File Package which cannot be used in HPUX. I have identified IO::File and Filehandle package as replacement. Will the functionality of the MPE Package & Unix filehandle Package will match? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tc.omkumar
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file migration windows -> unix

I've spent all of my career on windows boxes and maybe 30 secs here an there with unix. Now I find myself with a project of migrating web files (html, swf, etc) from windows to unix. I know that unix is case sensitive and there can be no spaces in file/folder names. What else do I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjglass
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

C++ Code migration from HP Unix 11.11 to 11.31

i'm facing some problem to make my source code work in HP Unix 11.31 which works fine in HP Unix 11.11. Recently our unix server is upgraded to HP Unix 11.31, i was able to compile my source code successfully in 11.31 but i see some system call failure and socket failure. is there any steps to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madanxyz
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system. We do have many directory and sub directories with files. after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX to Linux Migration

We have certain number of scripts that run on AIX server using ksh. Now that we migrate these scripts to Linux servers. We need to know what are the changes that we have to perform in script to make it compatible to run on Linux. Say like in our Unix -AIX "print" command worked. But that did... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIva81
6 Replies

9. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need advice for project UNIX to Linux migration

I am working on UNIX AIX to Linux migration. Does anybody know the good site for doing this? Thanks for contribution (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies
FusionInventory::Agent::Tools(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			FusionInventory::Agent::Tools(3pm)

NAME
FusionInventory::Agent::Tools - OS-independant generic functions DESCRIPTION
This module provides some OS-independant generic functions. FUNCTIONS
getFormatedLocalTime($time) Returns a formated date from given Unix timestamp. getFormatedGmTime($time) Returns a formated date from given Unix timestamp. getFormatedDate($year, $month, $day, $hour, $min, $sec) Returns a formated date from given date elements. getCanonicalManufacturer($manufacturer) Returns a normalized manufacturer value for given one. getCanonicalSpeed($speed) Returns a normalized speed value (in Mhz) for given one. getCanonicalSize($size) Returns a normalized size value (in Mb) for given one. getSanitizedString($string) Returns the input stripped from any control character, properly encoded in UTF-8. compareVersion($major, $minor, $min_major, $min_minor) Returns true if software with given major and minor version meet minimal version requirements. getDirectoryHandle(%params) Returns an open file handle on either a command output, or a file. logger a logger object directory the directory to use getFileHandle(%params) Returns an open file handle on either a command output, a file, or a string. logger a logger object command the command to use file the file to use, as an alternative to the command string the string to use, as an alternative to the command getFirstLine(%params) Returns the first line of given command output or given file content, with end of line removed. logger a logger object command the exact command to use file the file to use, as an alternative to the command getAllLines(%params) Returns all the lines of given command output or given file content, with end of line removed. logger a logger object command the exact command to use file the file to use, as an alternative to the command getFirstMatch(%params) Returns the result of applying given pattern on the first matching line of given command output or given file content. pattern a regexp logger a logger object command the exact command to use file the file to use, as an alternative to the command getLastLine(%params) Returns the last line of given command output or given file content. logger a logger object command the exact command to use file the file to use, as an alternative to the command getLinesCount(%params) Returns the number of lines of given command output or given file content. logger a logger object command the exact command to use file the file to use, as an alternative to the command canRun($binary) Returns true if given binary can be executed. canRead($file) Returns true if given file can be read. canLoad($module) Returns true if given perl module can be loaded (and actually loads it). hex2char($value) Returns the value converted to a character if it starts with hexadecimal prefix, the unconverted value otherwise. Eg. 0x41 -> A, 41 -> 41. hex2dec($value) Returns the value converted to a decimal if it starts with hexadecimal prefix, the unconverted value otherwise. Eg. 0x41 -> 65, 41 -> 41. dec2hex($value) Returns the value converted to an hexadecimal if it doesn't start with hexadecimal prefix, the unconverted value otherwise. Eg. 65 -> 0x41, 0x41 -> 0x41. any BLOCK LIST Returns a true value if any item in LIST meets the criterion given through BLOCK. all BLOCK LIST Returns a true value if all items in LIST meet the criterion given through BLOCK. none BLOCK LIST Returns a true value if no item in LIST meets the criterion given through BLOCK. uniq BLOCK LIST Returns a new list by stripping duplicate values in LIST. file2module($string) Converts a perl file name to a perl module name (Foo/Bar.pm -> Foo::Bar) module2file($string) Converts a perl module name to a perl file name ( Foo::Bar -> Foo/Bar.pm) runFunction(%params) Run a function whose name is computed at runtime and return its result. logger a logger object module the function namespace function the function name timeout timeout for function execution load enforce module loading first delay($second) Wait for $second. It uses sleep() or Win32::Sleep() depending on the Operating System. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-25 FusionInventory::Agent::Tools(3pm)