Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to change parameter of file? Post 302459541 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 5th of October 2010 01:53:03 AM
Old 10-05-2010
How about this:

Code:
awk -F, -v new="55" ' { OFS="," ; if (NR == 1) { 
        for(i = 1; i<=NF && $i != "\"e\""; i++);
        print
    } else { $i="\""new"\"" ; print } }' test.dat

Output is:

Code:
"a","b","c","d","e",
"1","","2","","55"
"3","","1","","55", 
"5","","5","","55"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh parameter --- change

I am reading a file into a parameter in my program typeset nums_type if the contents of nums_type = asdfghbqwerty how do make a new paremeter eqaul to the 7th character of nums_type. like ${type} = b (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frank
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change a kernel parameter

Hello and thank you everyone that has helped guide me in the past. I need to change the max_thread_proc parameter in order for certain Oracle utilities to function correctly. It is currently set at 64. I am a dba not an sa so please excuse my lack of knowledge on something that is probably... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soestx
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change a parameter to be in capital letters

Hi, I have a korn shell script with 1 parameter. My script deletes certain files, for example.... sid=$1 rm $ORC/dbs/orapwd${sid} #orapwddb1 rm $ORC/dbs/lk${sid} #lkDB1 In the first file, the $sid must be in small letters and in the second file, the $sid must be in capital... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: n8575
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

howto change parameter in vi to take tmp file

i have a problem running vi. there is no space in /var where it creates tmp file. How can I change this parameter so that it takes from other directory. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to change the Kernel parameter MAXDSIZE

Hi, How can I change the Kernel parameter MAXDSIZE??:confused::confused: Thanks in Advance ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter value change in shell script

How can i chnage the parameter value in shell script. file name is icare_mmi_cls.com, inside that the parameter name is 10.100.1.2" replace the address to bep-sftp.cce.com. can you please provide me with examples. Thanks Double post - check your PMs and follow the rules, thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: damodarreddys
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parameter change in shell script

How can i chnage the parameter value in shell script. file name is icare_mmi_cls.com, iside that the parameter name is 10.100.1.2" replace the address to bep-sftp.cce.com. can you please provide me with examples. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: damodarreddys
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change value of a parameter in a file[solved]

I have a requirement to change the value of a parameter in a configuration file at a certain time before a particular script (python script) runs so that it outputs debug logs for the script. There are lots of other parameters in the file but i wnat to change only this particular parameter. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GosarJunk
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh = ssh expect and keep everything not change include parameter postion

I have write a script which contains ssh -p 12345 dcplatform@10.125.42.50 ssh 127.0.0.1 -p 5555 "$CMD" ssh root@$GUEST_IP "$CMD" before I use public key, it works well, now I want to change to "expect", BUT I don't want to change above code and "parameter position" I can post a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the parameter value from the parameter file in perl?

hi all, i have a parameter file of following format, i want a method which can get the value of specific parameter. parameter file format: <Parameter Name="FileLocationWindows"> <Description> The directory location of the logger file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmikant.hcl
1 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)