Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to mv files and then remove Post 302458477 by rdcwayx on Friday 1st of October 2010 02:01:01 AM
Old 10-01-2010
Code:
It looks fine, not too many things can be simplified.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove log files

Can anyone help me with a shell script to remove all files (log files) created 7 days before current system date. TIA, Kiran. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranherekar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove all empty files within the directory structure?

Hi I need to write a shell script which basically searches for all the empty files within the directory structure, lists them before asking the user to confirm if they would like to delete them. If the user deletes the file then a notice would appear confirming the file is deleted. I've be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cat123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to remove files older than 60 days

Hi I need help in the script which looks at a contorl file which has a list of file names like xxxx.12345 and I want to take only xxxxx and search in a specific directory and remove the file if its older than 60 days I have written something like this.. but seems to be wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to remove files

I am working in directory week5 and I want to delete the files in directory week1, without leaving directory week5. I understand that rm is used to delete a file, but how do you remove them while working in a different directory. I also only want to delete a certain set of files *. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smiley76112
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to remove empty files

Hi All, Can anyone please write a shell script to remove the empty files using an if condition. please help me out , urgent thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthi_murali
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Validate] Script to remove files olderthan X days

Hi, I have written a small shell script to remove the files olderthan X days (say 30). But I not sure how it acts on the filesystem, as I am using rm. if then echo "##############################################" echo "Invalid no .of arguments\n" echo "Usage:\n$0 PATH... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to remove zip files from a directory

Hi Folks, There is a job which generates a .zip files every day at /usr/app/generated directory , now please advise for the script that will delete this zip files permanently.but while deleting it should make sure that it will not delete the last two days recently generated zip files and this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls. help with script to remove million files

Hi, one of the server, log directory was never cleaned up. We have so many files. I want to remove all the files that starts with dfr* but I get error message when I use the *. rm qfr* bash: /usr/bin/rm: Arg list too long I am trying to write this script but not working. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

9. AIX

Script to remove backup files

HI, I want to remove my backup files keeping last 30 days. Now i am doing it manually. Does anyone have a script to automate this process? Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
5 Replies
UPDATE-METAINIT(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					UPDATE-METAINIT(1)

NAME
update-metainit - Generates init scripts SYNOPSIS
update-metainit [--remove initname [--purge] ] DESCRIPTION
Metainit solves the problem of writing good init scripts. Instead of manually creating these important files, they are derived from a declaritive description in the metainit files in /etc/metainit. These files can be shipped with packages or created by the local adminis- trator. If update-metainit called without argument, it will regenerate init scripts for all the files in /etc/metainit. The generated files contain a large warning in form of a comment that they will be overridden. Modifications are preferably done in the files in /etc/metainit and made effective by running update-metainit. If needed, the administrator can prevent modified init files by removing the warning comment. OPTIONS
--remove initname This command will remove any generated and non-modified scripts that were created by the metainit file with the name initname. --purge Only usable with --remove. Will remove the generated files even if modified. SEE ALSO
dh_metainit(1) AUTHOR
Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> perl v5.8.8 2007-07-30 UPDATE-METAINIT(1)