Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to mv files and then remove Post 302458477 by rdcwayx on Friday 1st of October 2010 02:01:01 AM
Old 10-01-2010
Code:
It looks fine, not too many things can be simplified.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove log files

Can anyone help me with a shell script to remove all files (log files) created 7 days before current system date. TIA, Kiran. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranherekar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove all empty files within the directory structure?

Hi I need to write a shell script which basically searches for all the empty files within the directory structure, lists them before asking the user to confirm if they would like to delete them. If the user deletes the file then a notice would appear confirming the file is deleted. I've be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cat123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to remove files older than 60 days

Hi I need help in the script which looks at a contorl file which has a list of file names like xxxx.12345 and I want to take only xxxxx and search in a specific directory and remove the file if its older than 60 days I have written something like this.. but seems to be wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to remove files

I am working in directory week5 and I want to delete the files in directory week1, without leaving directory week5. I understand that rm is used to delete a file, but how do you remove them while working in a different directory. I also only want to delete a certain set of files *. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smiley76112
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to remove empty files

Hi All, Can anyone please write a shell script to remove the empty files using an if condition. please help me out , urgent thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthi_murali
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Validate] Script to remove files olderthan X days

Hi, I have written a small shell script to remove the files olderthan X days (say 30). But I not sure how it acts on the filesystem, as I am using rm. if then echo "##############################################" echo "Invalid no .of arguments\n" echo "Usage:\n$0 PATH... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to remove zip files from a directory

Hi Folks, There is a job which generates a .zip files every day at /usr/app/generated directory , now please advise for the script that will delete this zip files permanently.but while deleting it should make sure that it will not delete the last two days recently generated zip files and this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls. help with script to remove million files

Hi, one of the server, log directory was never cleaned up. We have so many files. I want to remove all the files that starts with dfr* but I get error message when I use the *. rm qfr* bash: /usr/bin/rm: Arg list too long I am trying to write this script but not working. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

9. AIX

Script to remove backup files

HI, I want to remove my backup files keeping last 30 days. Now i am doing it manually. Does anyone have a script to automate this process? Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)