Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files) Post 302457252 by dragonov7 on Monday 27th of September 2010 03:17:45 PM
Old 09-27-2010
Hi Neo.

The /u02 is a new volume and filesystem, it had nothing on it... empty.

There are some sym links on /u01... but all the sym links go from / to the same filesystem. Example:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 user dba 41 May 21 2009 /u01/ppp.txt -> /u01/prueba/ppplink.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

32 or 64 bit filesystems/files/OS's/CPU's

Determining if an OS is using 32 or 64 bits This may be our number one question. Sadly I have not been able to find a definitive answer for Linux. If you have a Linux solution, please post it in our Linux forum. I will edit this post to include it. 32 / 64 bit (Solaris) hp-ux ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding hidden files under mounted filesystems

I have never heard of this before but someone at work here says there is a command to find files that are under currently mounted filesystems. Does anyone know what this command is and is it available on HP-UX? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide large data files into smaller files

Hello everyone! I have 2 types of files in the following format: 1) *.fa >1234 ...some text... >2345 ...some text... >3456 ...some text... . . . . 2) *.info >1234 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to safely rm/mv files/directory

Hi all, Am writing a script that does a rm/mv if a file exist, however, in one scenario, one of the variables which is supposed to a variable for a directory is undefined/blank so instead of the variable resolving to /tmp/logfile.dmp, it resolves instead to / so the rm translates to a rm /... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Advice regarding filesystems handling large number of files

Hi All, I have a CentOS operating system installed. I work with really huge number of files which are not only huge in number but some of them really huge in size. Minimum number of files could be 1 million to 2 million in one directory itself. Some of the files are even several Gigabytes in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down remote files and rename them to include the server name with full path

I need to pull down a good bit of files for another support team for an upgrade project. I have a server.list with all of the server names. I need to do two parts: FIRST: I have this example, but it does not list the server name in front of each line. #! /bin/bash for server in $(<... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnatlas
10 Replies

7. Red Hat

Can all files under /tmp be safely removed

I wanted to know whether all files under /tmp can be safely removed. I guess that /tmp may also have temporary files for applications currently being worked on, so at the most those applications may just shut down. I hope that my question is clear whether all files under /tmp can be safely... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Safely Remove Files with Special Chars

Hey Guys, I'm swamped writing code for the forums: Could someone write a script or command line to safely delete files with special chars in filenames from a directory: Example: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 148 Apr 30 23:00 ?xA?? -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 148... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
XtCaseProc()															      XtCaseProc()

Name
  XtCaseProc - interface definition for procedure to convert the case of keysyms.

Synopsis
  typedef void (*XtCaseProc) (Display*, KeySym, KeySym *, KeySym *);
	 Display *display
	 KeySym  keysym;
	 KeySym  *lower_return;
	 KeySym  *upper_return;

Inputs
  display     Provides the display connection for which the conversion is required.

keysym      Specifies the keysym to convert.

Outputs
  lower_return
	      Returns the lowercase equivalent for keysym.

upper_return
	      Returns the uppercase equivalent for keysym.

Description
  An  XtCaseProc  is a case converter procedure registered with XtRegisterCaseConverter(), and invoked by XtConvertCase() and by the Transla-
  tion Manager in order to obtain the uppercase and lowercase versions of a keysym.  It should store the upper and  lower  case  versions  of
  keysym  at the addresses specified by lower_return and upper_return.	If there is no case distinction, it should store keysym at both loca-
  tions.

Usage
  You should only need to write a case converter procedure if you are working with non-standard keysyms.

Example
  The default case converter from the R4 Intrinsics is as follows:

/* ARGSUSED */
     void _XtConvertCase(dpy, sym, lower, upper)
	 Display *dpy;
	 KeySym sym;
	 KeySym *lower;
	 KeySym *upper;
     {
	 *lower = sym;
	 *upper = sym;
	 switch(sym >> 8) {
	     case 0:
		 if ((sym >= XK_A) && (sym <= XK_Z))
		     *lower += (XK_a - XK_A);
		 else if ((sym >= XK_a) && (sym <= XK_z))
		     *upper -= (XK_a - XK_A);
		 else if ((sym >= XK_Agrave) && (sym <= XK_Odiaeresis))
		     *lower += (XK_agrave - XK_Agrave);
		 else if ((sym >= XK_agrave) && (sym <= XK_odiaeresis))
		     *upper -= (XK_agrave - XK_Agrave);
		 else if ((sym >= XK_Ooblique) && (sym <= XK_Thorn))
		     *lower += (XK_oslash - XK_Ooblique);
		 else if ((sym >= XK_oslash) && (sym <= XK_thorn))
		     *upper -= (XK_oslash - XK_Ooblique);
		 break;
	     default:
		 /* XXX do all other sets */
		 break;
	 }
     }

See Also
  XtConvertCase(1), XtGetKeysymTable(1), XtKeysymToKeycodeList(1), XtRegisterCaseConverter(1), XtSetKeyTranslator(1), XtTranslateKeycode(1).

Xt - Keyboard Handling														      XtCaseProc()