Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy a file with sftp
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Copy a file with sftp Post 302456621 by jborges on Friday 24th of September 2010 06:03:40 PM
Old 09-24-2010
Sorry but I didn't understand what you wanted me to do Smilie.
Could you please explain in a simple way?
Thank you Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to copy latest file using SFTP

Hi All, In my unix server, I have the following files: h1.txt h2.txt h3.txt and through SFTP i need to copy only the latest file to another unix server. Can you please let me know what command i need to use. Thanks in Advance, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any command to delete files from source dir after SFTP copy

Hi, I am currently using SFTP 'put' command to copy all files to remote server and then delete the copied files from source directory. Can anyone help me with a single command to copy and remove files in one go? Thanks and Regards, Chetan Vyas (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy the directory but not copy certain file

Hi experts cp bin root src /mnt but not copy bin/bigfile any help? ( I post this thread in the "redhat" forum wrongly, I don't know how to withdraw that question in that wrong forum) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to overwrite a file by transferring the file using sftp?

hi, i am using sftp to transfer files between two servers, if i connect to a remote server using sftp n moves a file say "S123.txt" to the remote server, it moves successfully, but when i try to execute the same sftp script to move the same files to the same remote server, the old file is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file name and copy old file content to new file names.

Hi, I have a files in a directory as below :- ls -1 mqdepth-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC01 proc-mq-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC03 Whereever i have S1STC i need to copy them into new file with file name S2STC. expected output :- ls -1 mqdepth-S2STC02 proc-mq-S2STC01 proc-mq-S2STC02... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Directories with Files from One Server to Other using sftp

Hi, I have a requirement where I have to connect to another server and copy directories from one server to another Directories on the Source server look like below (YYYY-MM-DD- 1 to 23) drwxr-xr-x 2 test_user dmfmart 422 Sep 1 23:45 2014-09-01-18drwxr-xr-x 2 test_user dmfmart ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkesi
1 Replies
SSH2_SFTP_MKDIR(3)							 1							SSH2_SFTP_MKDIR(3)

ssh2_sftp_mkdir - Create a directory

SYNOPSIS
bool ssh2_sftp_mkdir (resource $sftp, string $dirname, [int $mode = 0777], [bool $recursive = false]) DESCRIPTION
Creates a directory on the remote file server with permissions set to $mode. This function is similar to using mkdir(3) with the ssh2.sftp:// wrapper. PARAMETERS
o $sftp - An SSH2 SFTP resource opened by ssh2_sftp(3). o $dirname - Path of the new directory. o $mode - Permissions on the new directory. o $recursive - If $recursive is TRUE any parent directories required for $dirname will be automatically created as well. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Creating a directory on a remote server <?php $connection = ssh2_connect('shell.example.com', 22); ssh2_auth_password($connection, 'username', 'password'); $sftp = ssh2_sftp($connection); ssh2_sftp_mkdir($sftp, '/home/username/newdir'); /* Or: mkdir("ssh2.sftp://$sftp/home/username/newdir"); */ ?> SEE ALSO
mkdir(3), ssh2_sftp_rmdir(3). PHP Documentation Group SSH2_SFTP_MKDIR(3)