Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem when I try to install a wireshark packet Post 302456032 by jlliagre on Thursday 23rd of September 2010 04:48:09 AM
Old 09-23-2010
Did you read the whole page I posted (including the quoted part) ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris install problem

I am trying to install Solaris 2.8 on an Ultra 5 with Openboot 3.11 from the install cd. I type in boot cdrom, and I get the error: Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0:f File and args : /platform/sun4u/kernel/genunix. Elf32 read error. I looked up the error, and it said to reset the boot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kdevelop problem install

Dear All I am trying to install KDevelop 3.0.0. on Mandrake 9.2. I have installed all the required dependencies but for some reason when I configure KDevelop it can't find Berkeley DB...although I know its on the system. I just installed it. I'm quite perplexed. Can anyone help? Last line of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: u6ik
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

packet inconsistency problem

Hello everyone, I was trying to install db2 on Ubuntu, but got messed up with manual installation and Synaptic. At the moment, I find myself with a filesystem where DB2 is NOT installed ( I removed it with a sudo rm :o ) and with Synaptic still flagging db2exc as installed. The problem is that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clalfa
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Problem Receiving the first OSPF packet

I trying to send and receive OSPF packets. I am using RAW Sockets(socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_OSPF)) to do this. I am successfully able to send an OSPF Hello packet however I am not able to receive a OSPF packet if I have not sent an OSPF packet earlier on the RAW SOCKET. Scenario: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmic_egg
3 Replies

5. Solaris

problem on install

I install seems corrupt, I feel the kernel is corrupt and would like to set the kernel to the default settings(i heard this will fix the problem) anyone know how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

packet loss problem

I have 4 network ports on our T5240 sun server. all but 1 gives packet losses (nxge1) nxge0 gives on average 50% packet loss, very bad. nxge2 gives on average 1-2% packet loss. nxge3 gives on average 20% packet loss. Is there a tool or something to help me find the problem? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
11 Replies

7. IP Networking

Problem when I Open my WireShark - No Interfaces Option available

Hi gurus of unix, I haved installed my openSolaris in a HP530, Recently I use the following command beadm destry opensolaris1 beadm destry opensolaris2 After That I reboot my Laptop. Well when I go to my work I try to open my wireshark tool, but the option in GUI interface does not appear!!!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Wireshark how to install on redhat?

Hello every body, i am kind of new here and i have a few quesions: 1.on my Redhat OS where are all of the RPM located? where is Wireshark located? 2. does any body has a link to downloading Wireshark for linux Redhat 2.6? 3.I didnt find instructions how to install it on redhat, jow to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
0 Replies

9. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris install problem

Hi does someone have a solaris 10 install problem on a sunfire v880? it keeps hanging (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplextibi
8 Replies
menu_hook(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions						menu_hook(3CURSES)

NAME
menu_hook, set_item_init, item_init, set_item_term, item_term, set_menu_init, menu_init, set_menu_term, menu_term - assign application-spe- cific routines for automatic invocation by menus SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmenu -lcurses [ library... ] #include <menu.h> int set_item_init(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); int set_item_term(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); void item_term(MENU *menu); int set_menu_init(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); void menu_init(MENU *menu); int set_menu_term(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); void menu_term(MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
set_item_init() assigns the application-defined function to be called when the menu is posted and just after the current item changes. item_init() returns a pointer to the item initialization routine, if any, called when the menu is posted and just after the current item changes. set_item_term() assigns an application-defined function to be called when the menu is unposted and just before the current item changes. item_term() returns a pointer to the termination function, if any, called when the menu is unposted and just before the current item changes. set_menu_init() assigns an application-defined function to be called when the menu is posted and just after the top row changes on a posted menu. menu_init() returns a pointer to the menu initialization routine, if any, called when the menu is posted and just after the top row changes on a posted menu. set_menu_term() assigns an application-defined function to be called when the menu is unposted and just before the top row changes on a posted menu. menu_term() returns a pointer to the menu termination routine, if any, called when the menu is unposted and just before the top row changes on a posted menu. RETURN VALUES
Routines that return pointers always return NULL on error. Routines that return an integer return one of the following: E_OK The routine returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), menus(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <menu.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.10 31 Dec 1996 menu_hook(3CURSES)