Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Code for execution command by command Post 302455716 by verdepollo on Wednesday 22nd of September 2010 09:38:41 AM
Old 09-22-2010
Code:
/root/user/dir/sd/disk/runInstaller -silent -responseFile && cp /root1/user1/root/user/dir/sd/disk/ram.txt

...and you are missing the destination in "cp"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Status code of last command execution

Hello people, I am using KSH and inside my script I do a cksum and check the status code to see whether the command sucessfully. Here even though the cksum fails due to file not existing the status returned is still 0 because the awk command worked fine. How do I capture just the status of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tipsy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command execution ??

hi i have small shell script as follows cd /utilities/promoter/tmp grep SENDREPLY $1 | grep 'zzzzz@zzz.com' | awk -F" -f1 > /tmp/$LOGNAME/$1.request cd /tmp/$LOGNAME grep -e "\.sql" -e "\.md" $1.request > upd_$1.txt grep -v -e "\.sql" -e "\.md" $1.request > copy_$1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

command execution time

Hi all, I want to display a progressbar depending upon the completion status of a command. I am coding from scratch as I dont want to use in place code. so Is there anyway of getting the progress of a command in percentage or in any other units while its running , is it possible using the top... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hashin_p
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote command execution

We have multiple Unix servers and a particular command can only be executed in one of the box from a specific path. I have password-less ssh set up for all the boxes. I am unsure the command to use to execute that particular command from any other box. To be specific say program named _my_exe_ can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

both sides execution of command

Hi, i am struggling with a chunk of code. for ((i=1; i<=3; i++));do one-$i ="/tmp/one.$RANDOM" done How to execute the above code. In both sides(LHS and RHS), i am executing commands. it is not allowing to execute. can you please give the idea. It should be very... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to terminate command execution when string found in the command output

Hi Experts, I am very much new to linux scripting, I am currently working on reducing my manual work and hence writing a script to automate few task. I am running below command to snmpwalk the router.. snmpwalk -v 3 -u WANDL_SU -a MD5 -A vfipmpls -x DES -X VfIpMpLs -l authPriv... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanumant.madane
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command execution from other directory

Hi, I need to execute some commands in a directory. script called test.sh from /usr/bin/ and the commands which are there in the script needs to be executed from /etc/ and come back to another directory /lib/ and execute some commands which are there in the script. Hope you understand... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parallel Execution of Command

Hi All, We have a table that has to store around 80-100 million records. The table is partitioned by a column called Market Code. There are 30 partitions each corresponding to one MRKT_CD. The source of this table is a join between 3-4 other tables. We are loading this table through SQLPLUS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_rajan
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of command at command prompt

Hello Experts, I am still learning linux and have come across a question, hope to get some answer. I have two servers, and both have the same version of svn client installed and both have the same user_id. my SVN client version: svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486) compiled Mar 2 2011,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: babyPen1985
4 Replies
virt-copy-in(1) 					      Virtualization Support						   virt-copy-in(1)

NAME
virt-copy-in - Copy files and directories into a virtual machine disk image. SYNOPSIS
virt-copy-in -a disk.img file|dir [file|dir ...] /destination virt-copy-in -d domain file|dir [file|dir ...] /destination WARNING
Using "virt-copy-in" on live virtual machines can be dangerous, potentially causing disk corruption. The virtual machine must be shut down before you use this command. DESCRIPTION
"virt-copy-in" copies files and directories from the local disk into a virtual machine disk image or named libvirt domain. You can give one of more filenames and directories on the command line. Directories are copied in recursively. The final parameter must be the destination directory in the disk image which must be an absolute path starting with a "/" character. EXAMPLES
Update "/etc/resolv.conf" in a guest: virt-copy-in -d MyGuest resolv.conf /etc Upload a home directory to a guest: virt-copy-in -d MyGuest skel /home JUST A SHELL SCRIPT WRAPPER AROUND GUESTFISH
This command is just a simple shell script wrapper around the guestfish(1) "copy-in" command. For anything more complex than a trivial copy, you are probably better off using guestfish directly. OPTIONS
Since the shell script just passes options straight to guestfish, read guestfish(1) to see the full list of options. SEE ALSO
guestfish(1), virt-cat(1), virt-copy-out(1), virt-edit(1), virt-tar-in(1), virt-tar-out(1), <http://libguestfs.org/>. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Red Hat Inc. <http://libguestfs.org/> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. libguestfs-1.18.1 2013-12-07 virt-copy-in(1)