Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting characters with sed,perl,awk Post 302454631 by bartus11 on Sunday 19th of September 2010 11:05:05 AM
Old 09-19-2010
Perl:
Code:
perl -ple '$\=" ";s/[: ]//g' file

tr :P
Code:
cat file | tr -d ": " | tr "\n" " "

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed with special characters

i have this script that searches for a pattern. However it fails if the pattern includes some special characters. So far, it fails with the following strings: 1. -Cr 2. $Mj 3. H'412 would a sed or awk be more effective? i don't want the users to put the (\) during the search (they... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting particular lines and moving a line up using perl/sed

Hi, I need convert a dump file in the following format : (please note that line numbers are provided for easy look) Original file: 1 2007-10-2482.90 No trade 0 0.00 100000.00 2 100000.00 3 0.00 4 HOLD 5 2007-10-2589.75 Bought 1114 1114 100000.00 0.00 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabyasm
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract some characters with SED or AWK

Hi, I have the following example string: today_is_a_good_day.txt The character "_" inside the string can sometimes be more or less. The solution for every string equal the count of "_" should be alway the rest after the last underline character. Result: day.txt I want to use awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: climber
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting Doubled Block with sed or awk

hi there, i have a text file like that one: I like to delete the second block with the Start and End Line! Does anyone have a idea? Thanks for your help, Roland (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolandh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a line from a file with sed and awk?

cat file.txt fvnuiehuewf ruevhxncvkjrh zxjvurhfuwe jkhvBEGINvfnvf ijrgioe Trying to delete a line that has the pattern "BEGIN" cat sedtest filename=file.txt pattern=BEGIN sed "/^$pattern/d" "$filename" (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and sed, how to exclude certain characters

Hello everyone: I have ran into this a few times now where my skills are just not up to snuff when it comes to Unix. So, I came here to find some beard stroking Unix wizard to help me. Basically, I am using OS X 10.5 in large scale at work and sometimes I have to run some custom reports. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the first column with sed,awk or perl

336 brtr 256 hello Output: brtr hello How can i do this with sed,awk or perl? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines between patterns using sed or awk

hi, Here is excerpt from my xml file <!-- The custom module to do the authentication for LDAP --> </login-module> <login-module code="com.nlayers.seneca.security.LdapLogin" flag="sufficient"> <module-option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an awk / sed / or perl one-liner to remove last 4 characters with non-unique pattern.

Hi, I'm writing a ksh script and trying to use an awk / sed / or perl one-liner to remove the last 4 characters of a line in a file if it begins with a period. Here is the contents of the file... the column in which I want to remove the last 4 characters is the last column. ($6 in awk). I've... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting duplicated chunks in a file using awk/sed

Hi all, I'd always appreciate all helps from this site. I would like to delete duplicated chunks of strings on the same row(?). One chunk is comprised of four lines such as: path name starting point ending point voltage number I would like to delete duplicated chunks on the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
5 Replies
scrl(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    scrl(3XCURSES)

NAME
scrl, scroll, wscrl - scroll a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int scrl(int n); int scroll(WINDOW *win); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); PARAMETERS
n number and direction of lines to scroll win pointer to the window in which to scroll DESCRIPTION
The scroll() function scrolls the window win up one line. The current cursor position is not changed. The scrl() and wscrl() functions scroll the window stdscr or win up or down n lines, where n is a positive (scroll up) or negative (scroll down) integer. The scrollok(3XCURSES) function must be enabled for these functions to work. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
clearok(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 scrl(3XCURSES)