Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to grep the where clause of a SQL? Post 302454568 by ustechie on Sunday 19th of September 2010 12:57:14 AM
Old 09-19-2010
How to grep the where clause of a SQL?

Hi UNIX Gurus,

I want to use extract the where clause of a SQL present in a file. Please suggest me how can I do it.

Select * from emp where emp_id>10;

cat <file_name> | grep -i "where" returns whole SQL.

how can I extract only "where emp_id>10;"

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if clause

hi, pls could you help me with one program in KSH ( i have sunOS). I need to create an If clause, that prints an error message and filenames, when in a directory are found some files of null size (find . -type f -size 0 ). thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palmer18
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if clause with grep and word count

I've got following script that I thought would only email me when the if clause finds the grep. But it emails me anyway (with an empty file) even if the grep doesn't return anything. What should the line be? if then grep -l 'unique constraint' $LOGDIR/archive_active* >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meert
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL for where clause

Hi, I have an app which user can query the database based on 4 criteria, that is Field1, Field2, Field3 and Field4 Mya I know how to write a dynamic SQL where I can choose to retrieve data based on their selected value. eg. where Field1=AAA eg. where Field1=AAA and Field2=BBB eg.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TeSP
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract WHERE clause from a SQL using UNIX???

Hi, I need to know how to extract entire WHERE clause from a SQL statement using UNIX command. For example: If following is the SQL then how to extract entire WHERE clause: UPDATE <TABLE_NAME_1> SET <FIELD_NAME> = VALUE WHERE CONDITION_1 AND CONDITION_2 = (SELECT FIELD_NAME FROM... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
15 Replies

5. Programming

[ask]SQL command act like sort and grep

for example, I have a text file in random content inside, maybe something like this. 234234 54654 123134 467456 24234234 7867867 23424 568567if I run this command cat "filename.txt" | sort -n | grep "^467456$" -A 1 -B 1the result is 234234 467456 568567is it possible to do this command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 14th
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If clause in perl

HI friends , I am very new to perl .please dont mind if i ask silly questions. I seee below code in one sript if ( exists $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR} and $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR} ) { $tdir = $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR}; } whats does this mean . I am very confused about the if clauses in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep SQL output file for greater than number.

Hi, This is my first post. I have a korn shell script which outputs a select statment to a file. There is only one column and one row which contains a record count of the select statement. The select statement looks something like this: SELECT COUNT(some_field) AS "count_value" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MurdocUK
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If clause query

Hi, i need to add a condition in my IF clause where i need to check if the file exists in a folder and return true out of it. but in my directory i have multiple files with same name but datestamp append on it for e.g. export f1 = filename export f2=filename1 if ] then echo "No... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk and grep for sql generation

Hi, I have a file pk.txt which has table related data in following format TableName | PK Employee | id Contact|name,phone,country I have another file desc.txt which lists datatype of each field like this: Table|Field|Type Employee|id|int Contact|name|string Contact|country|string... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding The Complete SQL statement Using PDFGREP Or Grep

Linux Gods, I am simply attempting to parse SQL statements from a PDF doc in creating a base SQL script at a later time but for the life of me, am having a tough time extracting this data.This exact string worked perfectly a couple of months ago and now it doesnt. Below is an example of the data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
4 Replies
RDF::Query::Compiler::SQL(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    RDF::Query::Compiler::SQL(3pm)

NAME
RDF::Query::Compiler::SQL - Compile a SPARQL query directly to SQL. VERSION
This document describes RDF::Query::Compiler::SQL version 2.908. METHODS
"new ( $parse_tree )" Returns a new compiler object. "compile ()" Returns a SQL query string for the specified parse tree. "emit_select" Returns a SQL query string representing the query. "limit_clause" Returns a SQL LIMIT clause, or an empty string if the query does not need limiting. "order_by_clause" Returns a SQL ORDER BY clause, or an empty string if the query does not use ordering. "variable_columns ( $var )" Given a variable name, returns the set of column aliases that store the values for the column (values for Literals, URIs, and Blank Nodes). "add_variable_values_joins" Modifies the query by adding LEFT JOINs to the tables in the database that contain the node values (for literals, resources, and blank nodes). "patterns2sql ( @triples, $level, %args )" Builds the SQL query in instance data from the supplied @triples. $level is used as a unique identifier for recursive calls. %args may contain callback closures for the following keys: 'where_hook' 'from_hook' When present, these closures are used to add SQL FROM and WHERE clauses to the query instead of adding them directly to the object's instance data. "expr2sql ( $expression, $level, %args )" Returns a SQL expression for the supplied query $expression. $level is used as a unique identifier for recursive calls. %args may contain callback closures for the following keys: 'where_hook' 'from_hook' When present, these closures are used to add necessary SQL FROM and WHERE clauses to the query. "_mysql_hash ( $data )" Returns a hash value for the supplied $data string. This value is computed using the same algorithm that Redland's mysql storage backend uses. "_mysql_node_hash ( $node )" Returns a hash value (computed by "_mysql_hash" for the supplied $node. The hash value is based on the string value of the node and the node type. "qualify_uri ( $uri )" Returns a fully qualified URI from the supplied $uri. $uri may already be a qualified URI, or a parse tree for a qualified URI or QName. If $uri is a QName, the namespaces defined in the query parse tree are used to fully qualify. "add_function ( $uri, $function )" Associates the custom function $function (a CODE reference) with the specified URI, allowing the function to be called by query FILTERs. "get_function ( $uri )" If $uri is associated with a query function, returns a CODE reference to the function. Otherwise returns "undef". AUTHOR
Gregory Williams <gwilliams@cpan.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-31 RDF::Query::Compiler::SQL(3pm)