Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Complex MySQL Query(s)
Top Forums Web Development Complex MySQL Query(s) Post 302453641 by STOIE on Thursday 16th of September 2010 01:28:41 AM
Old 09-16-2010
How about this:

Code:
select id, pid, name (SELECT max(saved) WHERE pid = 2.pid) AS max_date, (SELECT min(saved) WHERE pid = 2.pid) as min_date  
	from property property1
	where saved = (select max(saved) from property where pid = property1.pid)
	ORDER BY max_date;

Does this sound better...?

Bear in mind this is from an oracle guru...
Anyway, will check this out when I get home and have a db to play around with.

@ NEO
I am sure I could do that, but really wanted to package it neatly into a query.
Programming is being done in PERL

Last edited by Neo; 09-16-2010 at 02:32 AM.. Reason: cod tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Need help with complex SQL query (Sybase)

Hello, I have three tables. I need an SQL query (preferably Sybase) that will return all of the stringID values of table B where the following conditions exist: (1) B.intID = A.intID (2) B.intID != C.intID or (B.intID = C.intID and (C.v1 = 0 or C.v2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatieremerrill
2 Replies

2. Programming

How to query one to many mysql

Hi there, I have a hierarchical database that include 4 tables. Table A is the parent of B, B is Parent of C, C is parent of D. If I want to query everything in D that is associated with A.name, how do I do that? Thanks! YanYan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
0 Replies

3. Web Development

mysql query help

hello all i have 2 columns every column in the following format column1 2011-04-01 11:39:54 column2 2019-02-03 00:00:00 i want get difference between above data as following 2 days 11:39 how to do so ? i tried many functions but nothing works please advice what is the query... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex query

A file whose location i am not aware of contains the below text <url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(FAILOVER=on)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP) (HOST=ngm2sn1p2-vip.mybank.net)(PORT=4001))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=ngm2sn2p2-vip.mybank.net)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

5. Programming

mysql query help

Hello i have created mysql query to compare to values and get difference in percentage as following: SELECT file_name, 100 - ((100 * (SELECT file_count FROM xipi_files z WHERE x.file_group = z.file_group AND x.file_name = z.file_name AND z.insert_date = CURDATE( ) - INTERVAL 1 DAY)) /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex string search query.

Hi, I wish to find the latest occurance of the below string in my log file. Once found, I need to search the below string after the above string and display this Request 331489 has passed or Request 331489 has failed I would like my query to be platform... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Query regarding folder size

Hi, I provide the path to a folder. I would like so drill in each folder inside the folder i gave and show me the size in human readable form du -sh <folder-name> of the top 8 folders with maximum sizes. For example: Path of the folder: "/opt/app/myapp" has these directories. ls... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Programming

Need help in mysql query

Hi All, i have a table in mysql with the following data Table name Test Assettype Serial_No Status location Mouse 123456 In Stock chennai Mouse 98765 Allocated chennai Keyboard ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
2 Replies
zap(1)								  MySQL database							    zap(1)

NAME
zap - a perl script used to kill processes USAGE
/usr/bin/mysql_zap [-signal] [-?Ift] pattern SYNOPSIS
zap [-I|-?] [-f] [-t] DESCRIPTION
zap supports by executing -I|-? info -f force -t test NOTE
If -f isn't given, ask user for confirmation for each process to kill. If signal isn't given, try first with signal 15 and after that with signal 9. If -t is given the processes is only shown on stdout. SEE ALSO
isamchk(1), isamlog(1), mysql(1), mysqlaccess(1), mysqladmin(1), mysqld(1), mysqld_multi(1), mysqld_safe(1), mysqldump(1), mysql_fix_privi- lege_tables(1), mysqlshow(1), perror(1), replace(1) For more information please refer to the MySQL reference manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ BUGS
Please refer to http://bugs.mysql.com/ to report bugs. AUTHOR
Ver 1.0, distribution 4.0.24 Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@mysql.com), MySQL AB (http://www.mysql.com/). This software comes with no war- ranty. Manual page by L. (Kill-9) Pedersen (kill-9@kill-9.dk), Mercurmedia Data Model Architect / system developer (http://www.mercurme- dia.com) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmysqlr, SUNWmysqlu, SUNWmysqlt | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ NOTES
Source for mysql is available on http://opensolaris.org. MySQL 4.0 19 December 2000 zap(1)