Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to extract part of xml line via awk? Post 302453577 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 15th of September 2010 07:23:47 PM
Old 09-15-2010
Code:
name = `awk -F \> '/<generationTime>/,/<\/generationTime>/ {t=substr($2,1,10);gsub(/-/,"",t);print t}' $xml_name`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from xml- shell script using awk

Hi, This is the xml file that i have. - <front-servlet platform="WAS4.0" request-retriever="SiteMinder-aware" configuration-rescan-interval="60000"> <concurrency-throttle maximum-concurrency="50" redirect-page="/jsp/defaulterror.jsp" /> - <loggers> <instrumentation... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishana
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Part of string from 3rd field $3 using AWK

I'm executing "wc -lc" command in a c shell script to get record count and byte counts and writing them to a file. I get the result with the full pathname of the file. But I do not want the path name to be printed in the output file. I heard that using Awk we can get this but I don't have any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stakuri
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to extract data from Xml file

Hi, I want to get data from Xml file by using sed or awk command. I want to get the following result : mon titre 1;Createur1;Dossier1 mon titre 1;Createur1;Dossier1 and save it in cvs file (fichier.cvs). FROM this Xml file (test.xml): <playlist version="1"> <trackList> <track>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeclota
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract part of xml line via awk?

Hi, I like to set a variable "name" automatically by reading an xml file. The name should be set to the date, which is a part of the following line of the xml file: <sceneID>C82_N32_A_SM_strip_008_R_2009-11-24T04:22:12.790028Z</sceneID> How can I separate this line, that the name will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED/AWK to extract xml at end of file

Hello everyone, Firstly i do not require alot of help.. i am right at the end of finishing my scipt but cannot find a solution to the last part. What i need to do is, prompt the user for a file to work with, which i have done. promt the user for an output file - which is done. #!/bin/bash... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hugh86
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract XML message from a log file using awk

Dear all I have a log file and the content like this file name: temp.log <?xml version="1.0" encoding="cp850"?> <!DOCTYPE aaabbb SYSTEM '/dtdpath'> <aaabbb> <tranDtl> <msgId>000001</msgId> </tranDtl> ..... </aaabbb> ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: on9west
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract a certain part of a line

Hi friends, I want to select and use the certain part of a line. For example I have the following line home/1245/hgdf/acsdf/myhome/afolder/H2O/endfile how can I extract the part " /myhome/afolder/H2O/endfile " thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract part of word from XML

Hi All, Can Someone help me in capturing a word from xml Using sed or awk or any other way in unix. i have file abc.xml like this <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?> - <NREC xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> - <HEADER> <SOURCE>MAIL</SOURCE>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveenkumarc
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a part of variable/line content in a file

I have a variable and assigned the following values ***XYZ_201519_20150929140642_20150929140644_211_0_0_211 I need to read this variable from backward and stop read when I get first underscore (_) In this scenario I should get 211 Thanks Kris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkris
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract xml attribute values using awk inline.?

I am trying to extract specific XML attribute values for search pattern <factories.*baseQueueName' from resources.xml. my scripts works ok,, but to extract 3 values this code does echo $line three times, it could be 'n' times. How can I use awk to extract matching pattern values in-line or... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
11 Replies
HWLOC-ASSEMBLER(1)						       hwloc							HWLOC-ASSEMBLER(1)

NAME
hwloc-assembler - Assemble multiple XML topologies SYNOPSIS
hwloc-assembler [options] output.xml [--name <name1>] input1.xml [--name <name2>] input2.xml ... OPTIONS
-n --name <name> Set <name> in the AssemblerName info attribute of the next input topology root to ease identification within the final global topol- ogy. -f --force Ignore errors while reading input files. -v --verbose Verbose messages. DESCRIPTION
hwloc-assembler combines the input XML topologies and exports the resulting global topologies to a new XML file. All inputs are inserting as children of the global root object. Each input topology root is annotated with info attributes before insertion. AssemblerIndex is set to the index within the list of inputs. AssemblerName is set to the name given with --name if any. hwloc-assembler-remote offers a fron- tend for assembling remote nodes topologies without having to manually gather and transfer each of them. EXAMPLES
To assemble two nodes topologies: $ hwloc-assembler output.xml --name host1 host1.xml --name host2 host2.xml RETURN VALUE
Upon successful execution, hwloc-assembler returns 0. hwloc-assembler will return nonzero if any kind of error occurs, such as (but not limited to) failure to parse the command line. SEE ALSO
hwloc(7), lstopo(1), hwloc-assembler-remote(1) 1.4.1 Feb 27, 2012 HWLOC-ASSEMBLER(1)