Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Emulate ksh's FPATH variable in bash Post 302452156 by bakunin on Thursday 9th of September 2010 12:05:24 PM
Old 09-09-2010
Many thanks, this is an interesting option to explore. I will need some time to evaluate and play around with it, but i will report here my results.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using FPATH and PATH together

If you specify the same directory in your FPATH and PATH variables, and you type in a "command" (e.g. hello), and there exists a file called hello in that common directory, will the shell first attempt to interpret this file as a function, and failing this, then re-attempt to interpret it as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeMented
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: A part of variable A's name is inside of variable B, how to update A?

This is what I tried: vara=${varb}_count (( vara += 1 )) Thanks for help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa3be
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function Libraries using FPATH

At our site we have a function library that contains several functions that are called via FPATH. We're using ksh and have environment variables in our .profile that link us to these as follows: export CIRC_LIB=/apps/usr/circ/circ_lib export FPATH=$CIRC_LIB My questions are: When are the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to emulate ls -lh?

Does anyone have a script they would like to share that emulates "ls -lh" in ksh on Solaris 8? Yeah, I know. Real men don't need that wimpy "h." Well, I'm a wimp. ;) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash and ksh: variable lost in loop in bash?

Hi, I use AIX (ksh) and Linux (bash) servers. I'm trying to do scripts to will run in both ksh and bash, and most of the time it works. But this time I don't get it in bash (I'm more familar in ksh). The goal of my script if to read a "config file" (like "ini" file), and make various report.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: estienne
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash preferred or ksh with bash features

I'm a user on a fairly locked down sys V server. By default, I have ksh set as my default shell. I added to my .profile: bash -o vi so when I login, it goes into bash so I can take advantage of tab completion and use the up key to bring up previous commands. However, whenever I want to exit, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to emulate ^S/^Q from a script

Hi, I wrote a little menu script that searches through another script you specify and displays step-names and next to it the text of the step. The scripts are converted JCL from mainframe. It alows you to select steps you want and will then create a new script which includes only the steps you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AliceD
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable to command to Variable Question KSH

Hello, First post for Newbie as I am stumped. I need to get certain elements for a specific PID from the ps command. I am attempting to pass the value for the PID I want to retrieve the information for as a variable. When the following is run without using a variable, setting a specific PID,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Coyote270WSM
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable scop ksh vs bash

I am not clear why the cnt variable is not increased in the script below: #!/bin/bash INPF=${1:-a.txt}; KWDS=${2:-lst} cnt=0; grep -v '^#' $KWDS | while read kwd; do grep -q $kwd $INPF; if ; then echo Found; ((cnt=cnt+1)); fi... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash FPATH code update

In this post at 302451613-post2.html the link to the code comes up not found. The thread is closed, so I was unable to ask on the thread itself and I do not have enough posts yet to send a private message (or write out a proper html link). Does the author (jim mcanamara) have an updated link? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthewpersico
2 Replies
tonetool(1)								OST							       tonetool(1)

NAME
tonetool - create and manipulate telephony tones. SYNOPSIS
tonetool -append [-offset=pos] [-level=level] target tonespec... tonetool -create [-encoding=codec] [-level=level] target tonespec... tonetool -detect input files... tonetool -list [-file=config] [-locale=where] tone tonetool -play [-level=level] tonespec... DESCRIPTION
Teltones is used to generate or play audio telephony tones based on a "spec". The spec can be "dtmf digitstring" to create or play dtmf digits, "mf digitstring" to create or play mf digits, "single ...", to create or play a single tone, or "dual ..." to create or play a dual tone. Teltones can also be used to detect dtmf digits contained in audio files. -append Appends the generated tone to the end of an existing audio file. -create Create a new audio file from scratch and fill with the tone specified. -detect Process an existing audio file and report on dtmf digits found. -list List a tone entry definition by sequencing. -play Generate a tone or dialing string and play it to the local soundcard. BUGS
At this time tonetool always assumes all data is sourced at 8khz and does not support sample rate conversion. AUTHOR
Written by David Sugar. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dyfet@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 David Sugar, Tycho Softworks. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. GNU ccAudio Tone Tool Febuary 2005 tonetool(1)