Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VMWare Server on FC13
Operating Systems Linux VMWare Server on FC13 Post 302452010 by bobstro on Wednesday 8th of September 2010 10:34:54 PM
Old 09-08-2010
Not to be flippant, but is a version of the headers that does exactly match your running kernel version available? I too fought many battles with vmware server installs, and found that it is very selective about kernel versions. You'll have this same adventure every time you update your kernel, so be prepared to repeat this exercise... possibly under pressure, depending on when exactly you realize vmware didn't fire up since you updated the kernel.

- Bob
(not an FC expert, but experienced with VMware Server)

Last edited by bobstro; 09-08-2010 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: Clarity

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Help installing VMWARE SERVER 2.0

Hello I am trying to install VMWARE in Ubuntu 8.10 and I have two issues. VMWARE server wants to compile modules to work with my kernel one them gives an error. What do I do: None of the pre-built vsock modules for VMware Server is suitable for your running kernel. Do you want this program... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Minicom with VMWare ESX Server

Hello! I have an ESX Server up and running. Now I want to connect a serial device to the COM Port. For that I need the minicom program. When I try "configure - make - make all" I get some errors. Can someone please explain to me, what the problems are: # ./configure checking for a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kickbit
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

best config for vmware server

Hi All, I have a test to do. Run another redhat on top of redhat ent 4 AS. So I need to run vmware server linux version. My worry is that the physical server have so many big application on it but it's also test apps. Sorry in tight budget... It have a big memory, disk, etc. Two ips. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable to install Xerox Phaser 3117 on FC13

I have Fedora Core 13 installed on my PC. Another PC running windows XP is on my network and has a Xerox Phaser 3117 Printer connected to it. My PC detects the Network printer but at the last step is not able to install it. I have downloaded the driver from Official Xerox site. A screenshot of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksingh
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Server - Need to set up VMWare

Hi experts, We are faced with a dilemma - we have a AIX server for educational purposes. We had some Oracle applications running on them. The management decided not to extend the warranty, so we are left with a server that we cannot upgrade immediately. I was wondering if we could set up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
2 Replies
VMWARE-CHECKVM(1)						   Open VM Tools						 VMWARE-CHECKVM(1)

NAME
vmware-checkvm - Check if running in a VM or not SYNOPSIS
vmware-checkvm DESCRIPTION
This is a simple console application and can be run as any user. vmware-checkvm check if is running in a VM (returns 0) or not (returns 1). OPTIONS
vmware-checkvm has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-xferlogs(1) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmware-checkvm and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMWARE-CHECKVM(1)