Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO No stp SCSI devices configured (unit 0 missing) Post 302450892 by ccc on Saturday 4th of September 2010 12:44:25 PM
Old 09-04-2010
Thx a lot, mdev tape solved this problem.

I've done new setup on the new hardware and transfered the partitions.

BTW I have another problem:
Code:
# cat /etc/conf/cf.d/mscsi
*ident @(#) mscsi 26.1 96/02/02
*       Copyright (C) 1988-1996 The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.
*               All Rights Reserved.
*       The information in this file is provided for the exclusive use of
*       the licensees of The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.  Such users have the
*       right to use, modify, and incorporate this code into other products
*       for purposes authorized by the license agreement provided they include
*       this notice and the associated copyright notice with any such product.
*       The information in this file is provided "AS IS" without warranty.
*       Scsi configuration master table
*       ha    = device name of SCSI host adapter driver e.g. ad
*       attach= device name of attached SCSI device driver e.g. Sdsk
*       number= host adapter number
*       ID    = controller number
*       lun   = logical unit number
*       bus   = host adapter bus number
*ha     attach  number  ID      lun     bus
wd      Srom    0       0       0       0
ciss    Sdsk    0       0       0       0

Howto remove the last line:
Code:
ciss    Sdsk    0       0       0       0

using mkdev?

Last edited by ccc; 09-04-2010 at 01:58 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

LDAP not getting configured!!!

hi, i m tryin to learn ldap. but its not getting configured. the error msg it shows is: LDAP configure error: BDB/HDB : Berkeley DB version incompatibe. The BDB version i have installed is bdb4.2.52 and the ldap version is openldap-2.3.12. my machine is running on red hat linux 9. Why... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mridula
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NOTICE: Stp: SCSI tape 0 device 46/0 offline

:( If anyone has solved this problem, please help me! Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FCollet
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NOTICE: Stp: SCSI tape 0 device 46/0 not ready

If somebody solve this error please help! Thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FCollet
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Notice Stp:SCSI tape 0 device 46/0 offline

My computer which uses scoUNIX, has an internal scsi tape backup. It will no longer backup . It posts this message Notice :Stp tape 0 device 46/0 offline. This has been discussed before by the forum and I'd appreciate any help that any expert could provide for me for a step wise approach to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timothymhubbard
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Notice: STP:SCSI tape 0 device 46/0 offline

My tape drive is not backing up my data. This is the message that comes up as the computer starts up each morning. Notice Stp:SCSI tape 0 device 46/0 offline. The computer is equipped with a Seagate STD 24000N internal tape drive and the green indicator light on it continuously is on but the amber... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timothymhubbard
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passthrough devices vs. named devices

I am having trouble understanding the difference between a passthrough device and a named device and when you would use one or the other to access equipment. As an example, we have a tape library and giving the command "camcontrol devlist" gives the following output: akx# camcontrol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

7. AIX

/dev/rmt devices are missing

Hello, I attached a tape drive to one of my partitions but i cannot find the device. I run the command lsdev|grep rmt but i dont get anything in return. When i run lsslot -c slot i can see the slot number and the device that belongs to the tape drive but i cannot find any rmt files in /dev.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Disks missing from /devices folder. Not sure why.

Help Please! I picked up a V440 and it has 4 disks. I installed Solaris fine to disk 3, but I cannot see the other disks in Solaris. I have run probe-scsi-all from OBP and I see the other disks and they have names in devalias AFAIK. It's just in Solaris they do not appear. I have run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greg1975
6 Replies

9. IP Networking

IP not configured is being used to login

Hi have a solaris server with the following IP 192.168.0.85, but anybody can login in using 172.19.0.85, and the ifconfigcommand does not show the 172.19.05 . # ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies

10. Debian

Dhcp not getting configured on Ubuntu

I have kali running on vbox as :- /etc/network/interfaces ifup eth0 gives me tpcdump (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazerz
0 Replies
scsi_device(9S) 					    Data Structures for Drivers 					   scsi_device(9S)

NAME
scsi_device - SCSI device structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
The scsi_device structure stores common information about each SCSI logical unit, including pointers to areas that contain both generic and device specific information. There is one scsi_device structure for each logical unit attached to the system. The host adapter driver ini- tializes part of this structure prior to probe(9E) and destroys this structure after a probe failure or successful detach(9E). STRUCTURE MEMBERS
struct scsi_address sd_address; /* Routing information */ dev_info_t *sd_dev; /* Cross-reference */ /* to our dev_info_t */ kmutex_t sd_mutex; /* Mutex for this device */ struct scsi_inquiry *sd_inq; /* scsi_inquiry data structure */ struct scsi_extended_sense *sd_sense; /* Optional request */ /* sense buffer ptr */ caddr_t sd_private; /* Target drivers private data */ sd_address contains the routing information that the target driver normally copies into a scsi_pkt(9S) structure using the collection of makecom(9F) functions. The SCSA library routines use this information to determine which host adapter, SCSI bus, and target/logical unit number (lun) a command is intended for. This structure is initialized by the host adapter driver. sd_dev is a pointer to the corresponding dev_info structure. This pointer is initialized by the host adapter driver. sd_mutex is a mutual exclusion lock for this device. It is used to serialize access to a device. The host adapter driver initializes this mutex. See mutex(9F). sd_inq is initially NULL (zero). After executing scsi_probe(9F), this field contains the inquiry data associated with the particular device. sd_sense is initially NULL (zero). If the target driver wants to use this field for storing REQUEST SENSE data, it should allocate an scsi_extended_sense(9S) buffer and set this field to the address of this buffer. sd_private is reserved for the use of target drivers and should generally be used to point to target specific data structures. SEE ALSO
detach(9E), probe(9E), makecom(9F), mutex(9F), scsi_probe(9F), scsi_extended_sense(9S), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 19 Feb 1993 scsi_device(9S)