Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dir permissions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dir permissions Post 302450710 by prasperl on Friday 3rd of September 2010 02:01:29 PM
Old 09-03-2010
Dir permissions

Hi All,

I have a script which will be run by another user say user 2 which will create a new dir say dir 4 in my work place and copy certains files from his dir.

/t1/t2/t3/dir4

I want to allow the user to create the dir dir4 and copy the files,but bring the control back to my name say user 1 after it is copied.

No one else should be able to do any action in the dir right after the copy is finished.

How to do this?What folder permissions should i set?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File and Dir permissions

I would like to configure my SuSE 7.0 workstation more securely. I have attempted for about two weeks to find a guideline on good practices for the file and directory permissions.........but to no avail. Does anyone have a guideline that I could use to help me out. I realize that the distros are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomas.jones
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

a script to clone a dir tree, & overwrite the dir struct elsewhere?

hi all, i'm looking for a bash or tcsh script that will clone an empty dir tree 'over' another tree ... specifically, i'd like to: (1) specify a src directory (2) list the directory tree/hiearchy beneath that src dir, w/o files -- just the dirs (3) clone that same, empty dir hierarchy to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OpenMacNews
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to save/restore files and dir permissions

Hello all: I need found script to save and restore file permissions and owner:group... this is for backup my server... I have one problem in my server and file permissions and owner:group, mess up.. For this reason i need found one way to secure this aspect of the server... Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joangopan
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

CPIO Problem, copy to the root dir / instead of current dir

HI all, I got a CPIO archive that contains a unix filesystem that I try to extract, but it extract to the root dir / unstead of current dir, and happily it detects my file are newer otherwise it would have overwrited my system's file! I tried all these commands cpio -i --make-directories <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nekkro-kvlt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to find dir, delete files in, and then del dir?

Hello!! I have directories from 2008, with files in them. I want to create a script that will find the directoried from 2008 (example directory: drwxr-xr-x 2 isplan users 1024 Nov 21 2008 FILES_112108), delete the files within those directories and then delete the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a File system with required permissions for all DIR's created in

Hello All, I am application admin. I need to clear all the temporary files cleared by the applications. I need help/suggestion that is there any way to create a file system such that every Dir created in by any user will have 775 permissions. So, that i can simply clear the temporary file which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Find paths of multiple files in CC (dir and sub-dir))

Dear Members, I have a list of xml files like abc.xml.table prq.xml.table ... .. . in a txt file. Now I have to search the file(s) in all directories and sub-directories and print the full path of file in a output txt file. Please help me with the script or command to do so. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have files take on DIR permissions

Hello all; I have a question based on a ticket I have from a user... K...first some background...this client needed a generic user setup to allow them to ftp files; user is called "msifpt"...so here's what they want to do now with this account: 1. Client will use the user id ‘msiftp'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help- writing to dir with no write permissions (script)

hello, I have a question regarding the below script.. I just simply trying to write to a file in directory that does not have write permissions but this is failing .. it still writes to it regardless .. Many thanks in advance.. #!/bin/bash #check if dir exists, if so write to it ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reb0rn
5 Replies

10. AIX

Assign read write permission to the user for specific dir and it's sub dir and files in AIX

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. I do not want to assign user the same group of that directories too.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
0 Replies
tinydyndns-conf(8)					      System Manager's Manual						tinydyndns-conf(8)

NAME
tinydyndns-conf - sets up a pop-before-dyndns service SYNOPSIS
tinydyndns-conf acct logacct dir myip mydomain DESCRIPTION
tinydyndns-conf creates a service directory dir that runs tinydns(8), and a service directory dir/pop that runs a pop3 service and updates tinydns' database after a successful login. You can run the services under svscan(8) or runsvdir(8) by creating symbolic links in the /service directory: ln -s dir /service/dir ln -s dir/pop /service/dir-pop The service will start within five seconds, and will be restarted upon reboot. You can use svc(8) to control the service. tinydyndns-conf runs tinydns-conf acct logacct dir myip to set up a DNS publication service. tinydyndns-conf modifies dir/root/Makefile to not run tinydns-data(8) upon normal request. tinydyndns-conf arranges for tcpserver(1) to listen on TCP port 110, and to start pop3front-auth(8), cvm-pwfile(8), and after a successful login tinydyndns-update(8), and pop3front-maildir(8) upon connections. tinydyndns-conf creates a setpasswd script and a default passwd database in dir/pop for the use with cvm-pwfile(8). SEE ALSO
tinydyndns-update(8), tinydyndns-data(8), tinydns(8), tcpserver(1), pop3front-auth(8), cvm-pwfile(8), pop3front-maildir(8) http://smarden.org/tinydyndns/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> tinydyndns-conf(8)