Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Homemade activity monitor-ish Post 302450664 by Qroid on Friday 3rd of September 2010 11:27:31 AM
Old 09-03-2010
Thanks so much. ps looks great.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Unix/Linux Newbie(ish) Question - IPC/Signals

:) Hello, i have been given the following code to help me learn how to use signals, it won't compile. The problem maybe because this was written for use in Unix and i am trying to compile in Linux. The error i get says that SIGPIPE and SIG_IGN are undeclared. I think that these are defined... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theultimatechuf
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tool to monitor user activity

Hello, Does any one knows any tools or method to monitor users all activities on Solaris 8, including command and its result. Similar to 'script' ??? Thanks nana (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nana
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Homemade echo command

Hi everyone, this is probably very simple, but i haven't found anything in the forum, or maybe im just taking the wrong aproach... I made a script to check a bunch of stuff, this script currently outputs it's findings to the screen, i need to log that output too, i was thinking to just make a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor system activity while executing tests

I need to monitor system activity (RAM, CPU usage, execution time) while running some tests on solaris, linux and aix and save the output. Please advise whether there's a utility available for these systems? How can time the execution of the command? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smovla
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commands to monitor other user's activity

What commands would you recommend in order to monitor things like when a user logs on to a server, assuming you know that user's name on the server? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sotau
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to monitor swap space paging activity?

hi guys My tivoli monitoring tools is reporting the monitor parameters says Pages Paged out is too high 1600 so it is a critical warning (threshold 400) now according to them this usually happens at dawn so is there a way to monitor this? during the time I am not working? ans something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Control-break"ish" in awk

Hi, input: 1|Bob 2|Bob Ref|Bob 3|Rick 7|Rick Ref|Rick I am trying to append a "*" field to the record containing "Ref" in $1, only if the previous $1 with a common $2 have a value <4. ouput: 1|Bob 2|Bob Ref|Bob|* 3|Rick 7|Rick Ref|Rick (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
11 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
sa1(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    sa1(8)

NAME
sa1 -- Generate a system activity daily data file. SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sa/sa1 [t n] DESCRIPTION
The sa1 command is a shell script used to invoke the system activity data collector, sadc. The binary sample data is collected at intervals t seconds apart, in a loop n times. The binary sample data is written to the standard daily data file, /var/log/sa/sadd where the dd repre- sents the current day of the month. sa1 is intended to be started by cron. EXAMPLE CRON ENTRY
# Starting at 8am collect system activity records # every 20 minutes for 12 hours # 20 minutes = 1200 seconds # 12 hours with 3 samples each hour = 36 loops 0 8 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1200 36 # After the 12 hour period, # collect a system activity report 30 20 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -A FILES
/var/log/sa/sadd Default daily activity file that holds the binary sampling data. dd are digits that represent the day of the month. SEE ALSO
sa2(8), sadc(8), sar(1), iostat(8), vm_stat(1), netstat(1), top(1), sc_usage(1), fs_usage(1), crontab(1), crontab(5) Mac OS X Jul 25 2003 Mac OS X