Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Automating ftp job using implicit ssl? Post 302448668 by Corona688 on Thursday 26th of August 2010 03:08:09 PM
Old 08-26-2010
Ah, you want to connect to an ftp server from AIX, with implicit SSL. You don't need an SSL-supporting FTP server then. Commandline ftp might directly support what you want:
Code:
# run interactively
ftp -z ssl hostname
# run noninteractively
ftp -z ssl hostname <<< "commands to feed into ftp client"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

implicit ssl vs explicit ssl

Can someone explain the difference between the two. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSL ftp from Unix

I need to make an SSL FTP connection from my Unix machine to an SSL FTP server. I've found lots of SSL-capable FTP clients for windows machines, but can't seem to find any for Unix (HP-UX 11i, to be specific). I found, and have tried a package called tlswrap, but that is not working. Anybody... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: denverd0n
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating telnet and ftp

Hi, I want to automate FTP. I have a fair idea that this can be done using expect scripting. But I dont how to do it. Please, can anyone give me an example of how to do it in Unix. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

displaying error while automating ftp

#!/bin/sh HOST=HOST_IP USER=$USER PASSWD=$PASSWD FILE="*.htm" ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD get $FILE quit END_SCRIPT exit 0 Is there any way to display appropriate error message if the file is not found on the server...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP/implicit SSL

Hi, I want to FTP can some one help me how do I do this manually from unix command line Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridatos
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating ftp without .netrc

I'm writing a script which needs to run under an 'automation' account and there is already a .netrc machine definition for the server I need to connect to. If I create a new machine entry in the .netrc with a different account this will, of course, be ignored and the ftp session will connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakS
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating the FTP get

Hi , I want to pull files from ftp monthly once . The files in ftp has a something like 292_fileto_pull and next month it will be 293_fileto_pull for each month the number keeps increasing. i thought in my script if i can use date and increment the number by it mget *_292_fileto_pull i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP over implicit TSL - for dummies

Here are the essentials: un: myuser pw: mypasswd site: sftp.somesite.com port: 990 type: FTPS enc: FTP over implicit TLS program used: Curl 7.1.x on Hpux 11.31 I would like to "put" 1 file on there server. Here is my syntax, what am I doing wrong? curl -3 -v --cacert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP over implicit TLS

Here are the essentials: un: myuser pw: mypasswd site: sftp.somesite.com port: 990 type: FTPS enc: FTP over implicit TLS program used: Curl 7.1.x on Hpux 11.31 I would like to "put" 1 file on there server. Here is my syntax, what am I doing wrong? curl -3 -v --cacert... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
4 Replies
GLOBUS-JOB-STATUS(1)						  GRAM5 Commands					      GLOBUS-JOB-STATUS(1)

NAME
globus-job-status - Check the status of a GRAM5 job SYNOPSIS
globus-job-status JOBID globus-job-status [-help] [-usage] [-version] [-versions] DESCRIPTION
The globus-job-status program checks the status of a GRAM job by sending a status request to the job manager contact for that job specifed by the JOBID parameter. If successful, it will print the job status to standard output. The states supported by globus-job-status are: PENDING The job has been submitted to the LRM but has not yet begun execution. ACTIVE The job has begun execution. FAILED The job has failed. SUSPENDED The job is currently suspended by the LRM. DONE The job has completed. UNSUBMITTED The job has been accepted by GRAM, but not yet submitted to the LRM. STAGE_IN The job has been accepted by GRAM and is currently staging files prior to being submitted to the LRM. STAGE_OUT The job has completed execution and is currently staging files from the service node to other http, GASS, or GridFTP servers. OPTIONS
The full set of options to globus-job-status are: -help, -usage Display a help message to standard error and exit. -version Display the software version of the globus-job-status program to standard output. -versions Display the software version of the globus-job-status program including DiRT information to standard output. ENVIRONMENT
If the following variables affect the execution of globus-job-status. X509_USER_PROXY Path to proxy credential. X509_CERT_DIR Path to trusted certificate directory. BUGS
The globus-job-status program can not distinguish between the case of the job manager terminating for any reason and the job being in the DONE state. SEE ALSO
globusrun(1) University of Chicago 03/18/2010 GLOBUS-JOB-STATUS(1)