Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Automating ftp job using implicit ssl? Post 302448604 by NycUnxer on Thursday 26th of August 2010 11:54:51 AM
Old 08-26-2010
Well I know we can connect from our windows machine to their machine, which is most likely also windows, using FTPS not SFTP.

From our WS_FTP Pro client we are using FTPS/Implicit SSL to connect to their site with no issues or keys I believe. Is there a way to do the same from Unix?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

implicit ssl vs explicit ssl

Can someone explain the difference between the two. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSL ftp from Unix

I need to make an SSL FTP connection from my Unix machine to an SSL FTP server. I've found lots of SSL-capable FTP clients for windows machines, but can't seem to find any for Unix (HP-UX 11i, to be specific). I found, and have tried a package called tlswrap, but that is not working. Anybody... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: denverd0n
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating telnet and ftp

Hi, I want to automate FTP. I have a fair idea that this can be done using expect scripting. But I dont how to do it. Please, can anyone give me an example of how to do it in Unix. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

displaying error while automating ftp

#!/bin/sh HOST=HOST_IP USER=$USER PASSWD=$PASSWD FILE="*.htm" ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD get $FILE quit END_SCRIPT exit 0 Is there any way to display appropriate error message if the file is not found on the server...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP/implicit SSL

Hi, I want to FTP can some one help me how do I do this manually from unix command line Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridatos
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating ftp without .netrc

I'm writing a script which needs to run under an 'automation' account and there is already a .netrc machine definition for the server I need to connect to. If I create a new machine entry in the .netrc with a different account this will, of course, be ignored and the ftp session will connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakS
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating the FTP get

Hi , I want to pull files from ftp monthly once . The files in ftp has a something like 292_fileto_pull and next month it will be 293_fileto_pull for each month the number keeps increasing. i thought in my script if i can use date and increment the number by it mget *_292_fileto_pull i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP over implicit TSL - for dummies

Here are the essentials: un: myuser pw: mypasswd site: sftp.somesite.com port: 990 type: FTPS enc: FTP over implicit TLS program used: Curl 7.1.x on Hpux 11.31 I would like to "put" 1 file on there server. Here is my syntax, what am I doing wrong? curl -3 -v --cacert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP over implicit TLS

Here are the essentials: un: myuser pw: mypasswd site: sftp.somesite.com port: 990 type: FTPS enc: FTP over implicit TLS program used: Curl 7.1.x on Hpux 11.31 I would like to "put" 1 file on there server. Here is my syntax, what am I doing wrong? curl -3 -v --cacert... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
4 Replies
Mojo::IOLoop::Client(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Mojo::IOLoop::Client(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::IOLoop::Client - Non-blocking TCP client SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::IOLoop::Client; # Create socket connection my $client = Mojo::IOLoop::Client->new; $client->on(connect => sub { my ($client, $handle) = @_; ... }); $client->on(error => sub { my ($client, $err) = @_; ... }); $client->connect(address => 'mojolicio.us', port => 80); DESCRIPTION
Mojo::IOLoop::Client opens TCP connections for Mojo::IOLoop. EVENTS
Mojo::IOLoop::Client can emit the following events. "connect" $client->on(connect => sub { my ($client, $handle) = @_; ... }); Emitted safely once the connection is established. "error" $client->on(error => sub { my ($client, $err) = @_; ... }); Emitted safely if an error happens on the connection. ATTRIBUTES
Mojo::IOLoop::Client implements the following attributes. "reactor" my $reactor = $client->reactor; $client = $client->reactor(Mojo::Reactor::Poll->new); Low level event reactor, defaults to the "reactor" attribute value of the global Mojo::IOLoop singleton. METHODS
Mojo::IOLoop::Client inherits all methods from Mojo::EventEmitter and implements the following new ones. "connect" $client->connect(address => '127.0.0.1', port => 3000); Open a socket connection to a remote host. Note that TLS support depends on IO::Socket::SSL and IPv6 support on IO::Socket::INET6. These options are currently available: "address" Address or host name of the peer to connect to, defaults to "localhost". "handle" Use an already prepared handle. "local_address" Local address to bind to. "port" Port to connect to. "timeout" Maximum amount of time in seconds establishing connection may take before getting canceled, defaults to 10. "tls" Enable TLS. "tls_ca" Path to TLS certificate authority file. Also activates hostname verification. "tls_cert" Path to the TLS certificate file. "tls_key" Path to the TLS key file. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::IOLoop::Client(3pm)