Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Automating ftp job using implicit ssl? Post 302448604 by NycUnxer on Thursday 26th of August 2010 11:54:51 AM
Old 08-26-2010
Well I know we can connect from our windows machine to their machine, which is most likely also windows, using FTPS not SFTP.

From our WS_FTP Pro client we are using FTPS/Implicit SSL to connect to their site with no issues or keys I believe. Is there a way to do the same from Unix?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

implicit ssl vs explicit ssl

Can someone explain the difference between the two. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSL ftp from Unix

I need to make an SSL FTP connection from my Unix machine to an SSL FTP server. I've found lots of SSL-capable FTP clients for windows machines, but can't seem to find any for Unix (HP-UX 11i, to be specific). I found, and have tried a package called tlswrap, but that is not working. Anybody... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: denverd0n
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating telnet and ftp

Hi, I want to automate FTP. I have a fair idea that this can be done using expect scripting. But I dont how to do it. Please, can anyone give me an example of how to do it in Unix. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

displaying error while automating ftp

#!/bin/sh HOST=HOST_IP USER=$USER PASSWD=$PASSWD FILE="*.htm" ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD get $FILE quit END_SCRIPT exit 0 Is there any way to display appropriate error message if the file is not found on the server...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP/implicit SSL

Hi, I want to FTP can some one help me how do I do this manually from unix command line Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridatos
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating ftp without .netrc

I'm writing a script which needs to run under an 'automation' account and there is already a .netrc machine definition for the server I need to connect to. If I create a new machine entry in the .netrc with a different account this will, of course, be ignored and the ftp session will connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakS
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating the FTP get

Hi , I want to pull files from ftp monthly once . The files in ftp has a something like 292_fileto_pull and next month it will be 293_fileto_pull for each month the number keeps increasing. i thought in my script if i can use date and increment the number by it mget *_292_fileto_pull i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP over implicit TSL - for dummies

Here are the essentials: un: myuser pw: mypasswd site: sftp.somesite.com port: 990 type: FTPS enc: FTP over implicit TLS program used: Curl 7.1.x on Hpux 11.31 I would like to "put" 1 file on there server. Here is my syntax, what am I doing wrong? curl -3 -v --cacert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP over implicit TLS

Here are the essentials: un: myuser pw: mypasswd site: sftp.somesite.com port: 990 type: FTPS enc: FTP over implicit TLS program used: Curl 7.1.x on Hpux 11.31 I would like to "put" 1 file on there server. Here is my syntax, what am I doing wrong? curl -3 -v --cacert... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
4 Replies
SSL_set_fd(3)							      OpenSSL							     SSL_set_fd(3)

NAME
SSL_set_fd - connect the SSL object with a file descriptor SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> int SSL_set_fd(SSL *ssl, int fd); int SSL_set_rfd(SSL *ssl, int fd); int SSL_set_wfd(SSL *ssl, int fd); DESCRIPTION
SSL_set_fd() sets the file descriptor fd as the input/output facility for the TLS/SSL (encrypted) side of ssl. fd will typically be the socket file descriptor of a network connection. When performing the operation, a socket BIO is automatically created to interface between the ssl and fd. The BIO and hence the SSL engine inherit the behaviour of fd. If fd is non-blocking, the ssl will also have non-blocking behaviour. If there was already a BIO connected to ssl, BIO_free() will be called (for both the reading and writing side, if different). SSL_set_rfd() and SSL_set_wfd() perform the respective action, but only for the read channel or the write channel, which can be set independently. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: 0 The operation failed. Check the error stack to find out why. 1 The operation succeeded. SEE ALSO
SSL_get_fd(3), SSL_set_bio(3), SSL_connect(3), SSL_accept(3), SSL_shutdown(3), ssl(3) , bio(3) 1.0.1e 2014-06-17 SSL_set_fd(3)