Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming why the implementatoin of Bakery algorithm in ANSI C does not work in ANSI C Post 302448263 by sehang on Wednesday 25th of August 2010 03:06:54 PM
Old 08-25-2010
Thanks, I have solved my problem and I am reading the Atomic Builtins of GCC, I just post these links here, for those people who may have same problem.

Atomic Builtins - Using the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC)
Techie Stuff Atomic Operations

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

K&R vs. ANSI

To anyone that can answer this: Are the differences great between the ANSI and K&R standard? What are some of the major differences between them?? -REM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: REM
1 Replies

2. Programming

Ansi C

Dear All, I have to develope some C functions in Unix for a Magic program. The original MSE code which compiles the attached C program uses a +z option, but the cc compiler don't know this. The complete command in the compiler script is 'cc -c -Aa +z myfile.c'. The warning message is 'The -z... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frankie
4 Replies

3. Programming

ANSI C vs POSIX

can somebody explain about the ANSI C vs POSIX. say i was using open and fopen, i know that open is POSIX, and fopen is ANSI C. i read that that POSIX is a system call and ANSI C is like a standard library function. wouldn't the fopen function has to call on open function anyway to open any kind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb00y
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

ansi problem

Hi! Can anyone help me with the problem i am having. Im new to hpux and i am trying to set up the programs i use. One such program is the irc client BitchX, ive ran it on several pc/sun boxes with no problems. On my c360 with an fx6 card and a eizo f56 17in monitor (1024x768 85hz vesa) the ansi... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lewis
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

ANSI / C Compiler for HP-UX 11.11

Good Day I downloaded Server Evaluation copy of C/ANSI compiler, but when I try to compile a file with it, it gives me following error - (for HP-UX 11.11 v1 PA-RISC) Internal Error: Codeword file /opt/ansic/newconfig/ansic.cwd missing or empty. Detailed Errors are as follows Internal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawnbishop
3 Replies

6. Programming

hint on ansi c

I am a student. And need help on following program. I want to make a c program. I have to scan a sentence and I have to interchange a word from that sentence. Example: Scan the sentence is " Drilling machine and Milling machine " . Replace the word "machine" by "operation". And output should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhaval chevli
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert file from Unix - ANSI to PC - ANSI

Hi, I am creating a file in Unix using a shell script. The file is getting created in the Unix - ANSI format. My requirement is to convert it to the PC - ANSI format. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks, Sunil (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unix_ANSI to PC-ANSI

I want to convert a file from Unix-ANSI to PC-ANSI format. How can i achieve that? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

HP-UX ansi c precompiler

Hi, How can i find which ansi c precompiler are installed on my hp-ux b11.23 itanuim machine ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
3 Replies

10. Programming

C fdopen with and without -ansi

I have very little experience with gcc compilation under different environments, so please bear with me. I carried over 20 years old project into Ubuntu 18.04, it has old style K&R parameters, no function declarations to speak of, many functions without return are not declared void, and on and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
8 Replies
crypt_unix(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros					     crypt_unix(5)

NAME
crypt_unix - traditional UNIX crypt algorithm DESCRIPTION
The crypt_unix algorithm is the traditional UNIX crypt algorithm. It is not considered sufficiently secure for current systems and is pro- vided for backwards compatibility. The crypt_sunmd5(5), crypt_bsdmd5(5), or crypt_bsdbf(5) algorithm should be used instead. The algorithm identifier for policy.conf(4) is __unix__. There is no entry in crypt.conf(4) for this algorithm. The crypt_unix algorithm is internal to libc and provides the string encoding function used by crypt(3C) when the first character of the salt is not a "$". This algorithm is based on a one-way encryption algorithm with variations intended (among other things) to frustrate use of hardware imple- mentations of a key search. Only the first eight characters of the key passed to crypt() are used with this algorithm; the rest are silently ignored. The salt is a two-character string chosen from the set [a-zA-Z0-9./]. This string is used to perturb the hashing algo- rithm in one of 4096 different ways. The maximum password length for crypt_unix is 8 characters. USAGE
The return value of the crypt_unix algorithm might not be portable among standard-conforming systems. See standards(5). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
passwd(1), crypt(3C), crypt_genhash_impl(3C), crypt_gensalt(3C), crypt_gensalt_impl(3C), getpassphrase(3C), crypt.conf(4), passwd(4), pol- icy.conf(4), attributes(5), crypt_bsdbf(5), crypt_bsdmd5(5), crypt_sunmd5(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Aug 2003 crypt_unix(5)