Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SVM Soft partitions in a metaset- how to migrate ? Post 302448155 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 25th of August 2010 11:07:17 AM
Old 08-25-2010
post you configuration... metaset and metastat output of the devices you need help on.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Cluster-Metaset problem

Hi Guys i have two servers which are n cluster prd1 and prd2.. I already have a metaset configured in it..My job was to create a 1.8 tb LUN in my storage which is having Hardware raid5 pre-configured..i Created 1.8 tb with raid 5 in my storage and it got detected in both t servers prd1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Facing Problem with metaset in SVM

hi all, i am using solaris 5.10 on sun blade 150 and i am trying to configure diskset in sun volume manager. When i fire the following command, it says some rpc related error. bash-3.00# metaset -s kingston -a -h u15_9 metaset: u15_9: metad client create: RPC: Program not registered how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Replacing a hard disk (SVM) with a soft partition?

The following is the summarry:- 1) Four disks in server ie (c1t0d0. c1t1d0, c1t2d0, c1t3d0). c1t2d0 is the disk to be replaced. c1t0d0 and c1t2d0 are mirrors. c1t1d0 and c1t3d0 are mirrors. Metadb to be deleted is in c1t2d0s7 a) Mirror d35 has 2 submirrors d38 and d39 d38 is a stripe... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aji1729
0 Replies

4. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Replacement of metadevice with soft partitions

Hi guys, currently I'm working on one problem. I have Sol10 box where I need to replace old storage for the new one with minimal downtime. Layout of metadevice looks like this: d103 p 1.0GB d100 d102 p 2.0GB d100 d101 p 1.0GB d100 d100 s ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Replace LUN with soft partitions

Hi all, can somebody provide me with advice if is possible to replace physical LUN, with soft partitions (located directly on LUN, not on metadevice) by the new one. Current state looks like this: root@xxx:/etc/zones # metastat -c| egrep -i 900bec2d286 d504 p 159GB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brusell
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Metaset repartitioning

Dear all, This metaset stuff drive me crazy. The story begin with the Solaris 8 upgrade.... We have a pair of Solaris 8 with Sun Cluster 3.1, to prevent a long downtime, the Live Upgrade was chosen. As metadb cannot use LU to upgrade directly, we remove the diskset before upgrade, and put it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donaldfoo
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

live upgrade with raid0 soft partitions

Hi, I have this mirrored system with soft-partitions. I have a difficulty determining the lucreate cmd in this env. #metastat -p d0 -m d10 d20 1 d10 1 1 c1t2d0s0 d20 1 1 c1t3d0s0 d1 -m d11 d21 1 d11 1 1 c1t2d0s5 d21 1 1 c1t3d0s5 d100 -p d1 -o 58720384 -b 8388608 d200 -p d1 -o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaandana
1 Replies

9. Solaris

SVM RAID5: Can an app access raw partitions?

I am using Solaris 9 (Sparc based) with Sybase and a proprietary DB application that works with Sybase. In the past we have not used SVM or any RAID config. The DBs were configured such that each DB had its own partition. Now I would like to setup a new machine with the DBs on a RAID5 config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DavidC_SysEngr
1 Replies
metaclear(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     metaclear(1M)

NAME
metaclear - delete active metadevices and hot spare pools SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/metaclear -h /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] -a [-f] /usr/sbin/metaclear component /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] [-f] metadevice... hot_spare_pool... /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] -r [-f] metadevice... hot_spare_pool... /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] -p component /usr/sbin/metaclear [-s setname] -p metadevice DESCRIPTION
The metaclear command deletes the specified metadevice or hot_spare_pool., or purges all soft partitions from the designated component. Once a metadevice or hot spare pool is deleted, it must be re-created using metainit before it can be used again. Any metadevice currently in use (open) cannot be deleted. OPTIONS
Root privileges are required for all of the following options except -h. -a Deletes all metadevices and configured hot spare pools in the set named by -s, or the local set by default. -f Deletes (forcibly) a metadevice that contains a subcomponent in an error state. -h Displays usage message. -p Deletes (purges) all soft partitions from the specified metadevice or component. -r Recursively deletes specified metadevices and hot spare pools, but does not delete metadevices on which others depend. -s setname Specifies the name of the diskset on which metaclear will work. Using the -s option causes the command to perform its administrative function within the specified diskset. Without this option, the command performs its function on local metadevices and/or hot spare pools. OPERANDS
metadevice ... Specifies the name(s) of the metadevice(s) to be deleted. component Specifies the c*d*t*s* name(s) of the components containing soft partitions to be deleted. hot_spare_pool ... Specifies the name(s) of the hot spare pools to be deleted in the form hspnnn, where nnn is a number in the range 000-999. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Deleting Various Devices The following example deletes a metadevice named d10. # metaclear /dev/md/dsk/d10 The following example deletes all local metadevices and hot spare pools on the system. # metaclear -a The following example deletes a mirror, d20, with an submirror in an error state. # metaclear -f d20 The following example deletes a hot spare pool, hsp001. # metaclear hsp001 The following example deletes a soft partition, d23. # metaclear d23 The following example purges all soft partitions on the slice c2t3d5s2 if those partitions are not being used by other metadevices or are not open. # metaclear -p c2t3d5s2 The following example purges soft partitions from a metadevice. # metaclear -p d2 d3: Soft Partition is cleared d4: Soft Partition is cleared d5: Soft Partition is cleared EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide SunOS 5.10 8 Aug 2003 metaclear(1M)