Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris internet on solaris10 running on vmware workstation... Post 302448081 by 6L71 on Wednesday 25th of August 2010 09:17:16 AM
Old 08-25-2010
You probably already know this much but with VMWare NAT is just that (your host is acting as the NAT device). You would have to have the interface on the virtual machine configured for dhcp.

With Bridged, it is "present" on the network your host is on and would get an address from your network's DHCP server.

A few things to think about:
Are you using wired or wireless network connection on the "host"?
Is the virtual machine getting DNS?
Can it ping anything locally (The IP of your "host", for example, maybe a local server sor something)?

I would try running some sort of other OS in a virtual machine real quick to see where the problem if. If Ubuntu live CD can work and get on web sites then it is something with the Solaris configuration.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux Mandrake 9.1 running on Vmware workstation 4

Im running WinXp and just recently installed VMware workstation v4 to emulate Linux Mandrake 9.1. It succesfully installed.. Situation: My xp home edition is static on a linksys router it is my host computer.. Linux is running on Vmware as guest operation system.. Im not sure how to configure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewINLinux
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris10 on vmware - Internet connection failed

Installed Sun Solaris 10 (5/09) on vmware 6.0 but system is not connecting to internet. when I check "ipconfig /all" I do not get any DNS Suffix name -- neither for vmnet1 and vmnet8 nor for local ethernet IP. Default gateways are 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 1. Created /etc/resolv.conf domain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnjerry
1 Replies

3. Solaris

NIS on vmware workstation

Hi Admins, I just have a doubt on NIS that, is it possible to run NIS on vmware workstation running more than 1 solaris instances. i.e. can we setup one solaris instance as master and others as slaves...?? I have vista on my laptop. I am concern about the domain name it will ask while... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies

4. Linux

vmware workstation

i have following :- fedora 16 x 64bit kernel 3.2.7-1 vmware workstation 8.0.2. Steps to install vmware workstation to access ESX machine 1- sh vmware name.bundle 2- setup started and completed with out any warning. 3- when i type "vmware " then "VMware Module Updater Started" and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engrtahir2007
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A share disk for vmware workstation

got vmware workstation 10.1 going.. looking over some recommendation on how to create a share disk between two potential cluster nodes.. on the older version of vmware ws 8.0, there is a option of assigining a disk to a new scsi and turn parallel option on, from what I have read. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
0 Replies
VMWARE-XFERLOGS(1)						   Open VM Tools						VMWARE-XFERLOGS(1)

NAME
vmware-xferlogs - dump vm-support output to vmx logfile SYNOPSIS
vmware-xferlogs OPTIONS FILE DESCRIPTION
vmware-xferlogs is a simple console application and can be run as any user. It is based on rpctool to dump the vm-support output to the vmx log file base64 encoded. It can dump any file supplied on the commandline to the vmx log. It also does the decoding part of it. It can read the vmware.log file decode and write the encoded files in the directory it was invoked. Example of a transfer found in the vmx log file: Aug 24 18:48:09: vcpu-0| Guest: >Logfile Begins : /root/install.log: ver - 1 Aug 24 18:48:09: vcpu-0| Guest: >SW5zdGFs- bGluZyA0NDEgcGFja2FnZXMKCkluc3RhbGxpbmcgZ2xpYmMtY29tbW9uLTIuMi41LTM0 Aug 24 18:48:09: vcpu-0| Guest: >LgpJbnN0YWx- saW5nIGh3ZGF0YS0wLjE0LTEuCkluc3RhbGxpbmcgaW5kZXhodG1sLTcuMy0zLgpJ Aug 24 18:48:09: vcpu-0| Guest: >bnN0YWxsaW5nIG1haWxjYXAtMi4xLjk- tMi4KSW5zdGFsbGluZyBtYW4tcGFnZXMtMS40OC0yLgpJ .... .... Aug 24 18:48:10: vcpu-0| Guest: >Mi4K Aug 24 18:48:10: vcpu-0| Guest: >Logfile Ends OPTIONS
enc dec SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmware-xferlogs and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMWARE-XFERLOGS(1)