Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: library converting
Operating Systems SCO library converting Post 302447986 by javad1_maroofi on Wednesday 25th of August 2010 02:32:22 AM
Old 08-25-2010
I can't find a solution yet.

Is it possible to convert a .so library to .a ?
Is it possible to extract a .so library to object files ?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting \0 to a \n

Hi - I have seen some similar posts but I am a bit stumped here below is the first line of a 'od -c filename' command. I want to change the \0 to \n 0000000 l s \0 c d - \0 c d . . \0 l s I have tried a sed construct in a script......... sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

3. Linux

Could static library include static library?

I have some static library(libxxx.a libyyy.a). And I want to generate my library(libzzz.a), libzzz.a will use libxxx.a and libyyy.a I wan't my application only use libzzz.a, (means libzzz.a had include libxxx.a, libyyy.a), how can I do that? Thank you. example: I have zzz.c. I do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freemagic
4 Replies

4. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

5. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies

6. Programming

C++ linking library to a library

Hi All, My application main engine will use a shared library where we do many operation. We are trying to implement the linear algebra operation on the shared library for that I need to link my shared library to the lapack library in /usr/lib. Below is my make file. Can you please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in converting

I have Excel file with the below three columns, i need your expertise in converting this to .csv file delimiter "|" Excel - Serial Number Serial Name Serial Brand 111 test sample 123 test2 sample1 134 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_hp
9 Replies
MKNOD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  MKNOD(8)

NAME
mknod -- make device special file SYNOPSIS
mknod [-F format] name [c | b] major minor mknod [-F format] name [c | b] major unit subunit mknod name [c | b] number mknod name w DESCRIPTION
The mknod command creates device special files. To make nodes manually, the required arguments are: name Device name, for example ``sd'' for a SCSI disk on an HP300 or a ``pty'' for pseudo-devices. b | c | w Type of device. If the device is a block type device such as a tape or disk drive which needs both cooked and raw special files, the type is b. Whiteout nodes are type w. All other devices are character type devices, such as terminal and pseudo devices, and are type c. major The major device number is an integer number which tells the kernel which device driver entry point to use. minor The minor device number tells the kernel which one of several similar devices the node corresponds to; for example, it may be a spe- cific serial port or pty. unit and subunit The unit and subunit numbers select a subset of a device; for example, the unit may specify a particular SCSI disk, and the subunit a partition on that disk. (Currently this form of specification is only supported by the bsdos format, for compatibility with the BSD/OS mknod(8).) Device numbers for different operating systems may be packed in a different format. To create device nodes that may be used by such an oper- ating system (e.g. in an exported file system used for netbooting), the -F option is used. The following formats are recognized: native, 386bsd, 4bsd, bsdos, freebsd, hpux, isc, linux, netbsd, osf1, sco, solaris, sunos, svr3, svr4 and ultrix. Alternatively, a single opaque device number may be specified. SEE ALSO
mkfifo(1), mkfifo(2), mknod(2) HISTORY
A mknod command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. The -F option appeared in NetBSD 1.4. NetBSD 1.4 September 11, 1998 NetBSD 1.4