Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Very strange CUPS problem
Operating Systems Linux Very strange CUPS problem Post 302447965 by druidmatrix on Tuesday 24th of August 2010 11:02:34 PM
Old 08-25-2010
Further update for anyone that runs into this issue:

The problem resolved itself when I installed the "hplic" drivers. This has a whole bunch of dependencies, and so ended up installing a lot, but the setup now seems to work with the drivers provided by "hp-setp" binary that gets installed with the hplic package.

Further note of caution:

I was using both a network (hp) printer as well as a USB one (both Deskjet series I believe), and whereas hplic provided the correct drivers for the network printer, but the issues with the USB printer still remain (although hp-setup was able to find that printer and reported successful completion).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange problem.Please Help !

I¡¯m a network operator, mine is an IBM PC server 320, operating system SCO unix 3.2v4.2, triton 3.1 of Baan. Recently, my server went dead every a few hours, no sign & signal shows malfunction suddenly. It looks like a sudden power failure, but the indicator of main power supply is on. Normal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyhsm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Problem

I did an installation of Redhat 7.1 and it seem to install smoothly. I go and reboot and I get the following message: "INIT: Id "x" respawing too fast: disabled for 5 minutes" The screen flashes 4 times every 10 seconds or so. I can't seem to figure why this does this. It might be a simple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forjohnny
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

strange...problem

Hi.. Some of my application were not running properly due to lack of virtual memory.....so wht i did add one free harddisk as swap file system...and increased the swap memory.. But since than my root file system is showing 100% full thr is no space left...is thr any link between these two..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

4. Linux

very strange problem

I have installed Fedora Core on a Toshiba Satellite Pro4600 laptop recently I have experienced a rather mysterious problem if I touch anything specially the keyboard or mouse I see this stuff “67yujhnmyyy” straight away some time it won't stop for while like this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kemobyte
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange problem

I am using SunOS 5.9 and I don't know why all my commands are getting executed as if an extra 'enter' has been pressed. What could be the reason and how to correct it? Please help. Asty (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asty
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange problem.

Well, my script started off to do what i wanted. Now, i think its not recognizing the pattern so its not moving anything. What i have to do is execute my script command for the move to take effect. So i did that and yayy it worked. Strange thing is that my DESTDIR was empty to begin with.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Problem with compileing CUPS

Hi guys, I'm trying to install a newer version of CUPS and my compilation fails: # ./configure checking for gawk... gawk checking for gcc... gcc checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out checking whether the C compiler works... yes checking whether we are cross compiling...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eliraza6
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Problem

Hi All, I am encountering an unexpected problem while running my process, using daemon placed in /etc/init.d/. I have a process that is opening shared library using dlopen. When I run my process on the command line, it is able to open the library. But when I used daemon to run my process, I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty-1
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange problem

hello all, i am having problem in accessing a directory.I dont think its a permission issue.can anyone help me out. I am using korn sell code: $ ls -ltr sc* lrwxrwxrwx 1 essbase essbase 21 Oct 8 2010 sc_ssp -> /work/nfs/nas2/sc_ssp $ cd sc_ssp ksh: sc_ssp: not found $ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manid
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange mget problem

Hi! I'm a bit of a unix n00b so be gentle! I need to use ftp to download some files. I have the ftp running in a shell script which had been working perfectly last week. I downloaded around 400 files before it broke on friday. Now whenever I try to run the script, it starts to download... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnnybongo
3 Replies
ULPT(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   ULPT(4)

NAME
ulpt -- USB printer support SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device ulpt Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): ulpt_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ulpt driver provides support for USB printers that follow the printer bi- or uni-directional protocol. The bits in the minor number select various features of the driver. Minor Bit Function 64 Do not initialize (reset) the device on the port. Some printers cannot handle the reset on open; in case of problems try the unlpt device. HARDWARE
The ulpt driver provides support for USB printers and parallel printer conversion cables, including the following: o ATen parallel printer adapter o Belkin F5U002 parallel printer adapter o Canon BJ F850, S600 o Canon LBP-1310, 350 o Entrega USB-to-parallel printer adapter o Hewlett-Packard HP Deskjet 3420 (P/N: C8947A #ABJ) o Oki Data MICROLINE ML660PS o Seiko Epson PM-900C, 880C, 820C, 730C FILES
/dev/ulpt? device with reset /dev/unlpt? device without reset SEE ALSO
lpt(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The ulpt driver appeared in NetBSD 1.4. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD