Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System Image of Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users System Image of Unix Post 302447413 by dwiravi on Monday 23rd of August 2010 06:02:45 AM
Old 08-23-2010
System Image of Unix

Hi,

Is there any inbuild tool or software through which we can take system image of any unix system?

Please suggest.

Regards,
Ravi D

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bitmap image in unix

On windows we can save the screen in a .bmp file format. I sit possible to do the same thing in Unix? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

loading a unix image

what filesystem does unix use? i have a server what had windows loaded on it and when i tried to load a unix image it gives me the error message: mit_hard0 failed Fatal error: a critical disk initialization utility has failed on the primary disk error: /mitram/lib/mit_hd has failed, exiting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahaurek
1 Replies

3. Linux

error while retrieving image using system imager

This is the error that I am getting while retrieving image from image server using system imager.... Listening on LPF/lo/<null> sending on Socket/fallback/fallback-net DHCPDISCOVER on lo to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 5 DHCPDISCOVER on lo to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitesh_tarbani
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Create an ISO image of whole system

Hi All, Please help me with this. My plan is to create an ISO image of my current solaris 8 OS.Because we use a stripped out version of solaris 8 which is different than the standard one in CD. Will dd command will do ? My idea is to create a VMware image from iso file and play it in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

transfering kernel image to another system

my server system is low on disk. To install a new kernel I think i shall do the following: 1. compile the kernel on another system. 2. copy bzImage along with config, System.map and of course the laodable module in /lib/modules and transfer them to the server. 3. Now, I can remove the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
0 Replies
pnmpaste(1)						      General Commands Manual						       pnmpaste(1)

NAME
pnmpaste - paste a rectangle into a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
pnmpaste [-replace|-or|-and |-xor] frompnmfile x y [intopnmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads two portable anymaps as input. Inserts the first anymap into the second at the specified location, and produces a portable anymap the same size as the second as output. If the second anymap is not specified, it is read from stdin. The x and y can be negative, in which case they are interpreted relative to the right and bottom of the anymap, respectively. This tool is most useful in combination with pnmcut. For instance, if you want to edit a small segment of a large image, and your image editor cannot edit the large image, you can cut out the segment you are interested in, edit it, and then paste it back in. Another useful companion tool is pbmmask. pnmcomp is, a more general tool, except that it lacks the "or," "and," and "xor" functions. pnmcomp allows you to specify an alpha mask in order to have only part of the inserted image get inserted. So the inserted pixels need not be a rectangle. You can also have the inserted image be translucent, so the resulting image is a mixture of the inserted image and the base image. The optional flag specifies the operation to use when doing the paste. The default is -replace. The other, logical operations are only allowed if both input images are bitmaps. These operations act as if white is TRUE and black is FALSE. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmcomp(1), pnmcut(1), pnminvert(1), pnmarith(1), pbmmask(1), pnm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 21 February 1991 pnmpaste(1)