Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Bash] MD5 Checks with Script. Post 302445917 by BiFo on Tuesday 17th of August 2010 07:10:19 AM
Old 08-17-2010
Hi!
Well it doesnt matter any more, i've finished the script.

Thanks anyway!
Bye.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to make a script that checks connection protocol

Hello all, I currently connect to several servers multiple times a day. Most of the time I connect via SSH through the terminal emulator poderosa (my personal favorite), but sometimes I connect via telnet through xstart because I need it to export a GUI. What I want to do is add something to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
3 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Script to compare md5

From couple of hours i try to do a script to compare file MD5. Help would be very appreciated :) First i read the md5 stored into a text file (no problem): md5=`grep -P "^{32}" $file` then i want to calculate the checksum and store it : cmd5=`md5sum licence.gvcl` then problems arrives, i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giova
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create md5 sums and archive the resulting md5 files

Hello everyone, I am looking to basically creating md5sum files for all iso files in a directory and archive the resulting md5 files into a single archive in that very same directory. I worked out a clumsy solution such as: #find files for which md5sum are to be created and store the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SurfTranquille
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with MD5 script

Hi, I tried to write script, which would be able to generate MD5 sums into txt file.. But It won't work.. (I've been trying to fix that over 4 hours, but nothing helps) Here it is #!/bin/bash FILE="nothing1" POST="nothing2" I=1 while do FILE=`ls -ltR | grep "^-" | tr -s "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheBarnacle
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to performs checks

Hi , I need a script which performs below activity I have one file named "testfile" in 9 different directories with same name. I want to perform below action with each testfile of each directory. if ; then mv listfiles listfiles_`date +%b%y` else echo No Such files fi ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to do the following checks

Hi , I need a script for processing below scenario. I have to check daily by doing ftp IP to check it is logging or not. So i want this activity to be automated such that if login succesful i will get "FTP LOGIN SUCCESS" in a log file and if fails i want the error message in the same log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script function which checks if itself is already running

Hi All, I have a cron job set up which is set to run every 10 seconds. What I need to do is have the script do a check to see if it is already running such that if it is running it wont fire up additional instances and processes according to its normal process. For example if I have a script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp script with MD5

I have more than one file in my directory & I want to SCP them all with MD5 verification of local & remote file, Problem is that the script gets stop after scp one file. Below is the code. #!/usr/bin/bash cd /application/datafolder/my/ ls > my_file_list.txt while read fname do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help] Bash script that runs in the background and checks for mails...

Hello! I have got a homework. The bash script runs in the background and checks the user's mailbox and when the user gets a new mail a popup window appears with some text and information about the sender (from who and when).I have no idea how to start, any help would be appreciated! Thank you:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: capo2ndfret
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Multiple checks inside if condition in a bash shell script

Hi, I need to perform the untar and rm operation if the file found is a .tar and does not have test.tar or hello.tar as the file names. Below is the loop to check the same. for tf in *.tar do if ] then found=1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
BASHBUG(1)							      bashbug								BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--help] [--version] [bug-report-email-addresses] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a utility for reporting bugs in Bash to the maintainers. bashbug will start up your preferred editor with a preformatted bug report template for you to fill in. Save the file and quit the editor once you have completed the missing fields. bashbug will notify you of any problems with the report and ask for confirmation before sending it. By default the bug report is mailed to both the GNU developers and the Debian Bash maintainers. The recipients can be changed by giving a comma separated list of bug-report-email-addresses. If you invoke bashbug by accident, just quit your editor. You will always be asked for confirmation before a bug report is sent. OPTIONS
--help Show a brief usage message and exit. --version Show the version of bashbug and exit. bug-report-email-addresses Comma separated list of recipients' email addresses. By default the report is mailed to both the GNU developers and the Debian Bash maintainers. ENVIRONMENT
DEFEDITOR Editor to use for editing the bug report. EDITOR Editor to use for editing the bug report (overridden by DEFEDITOR). SEE ALSO
bash(1), reportbug(1), update-alternatives(8) for preferred editor. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christer Andersson <klamm@comhem.se> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). GNU Bash 3.1 11 December 2007 BASHBUG(1)