Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX DR Recovery
Operating Systems AIX AIX DR Recovery Post 302445277 by borek on Sunday 15th of August 2010 03:47:07 AM
Old 08-15-2010
If disk layout is different you can chose new hdisks from command line :

restvg [ -b Blocks ] [ -d FileName ][ -f Device ] [ -l ] [ -q ] [ -r ] [ -s ] [ -n ] [ -P PPsize ] [ DiskName ... ]

if not, system will try to use the same layout as in source lpar.
This User Gave Thanks to borek For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Please Tell Me About Disaster Recovery

please tell me if this thinkin is correct, if not, please corret me: disaster recovery means when something bad happens and you need to retrieved a backed up file, all you have to do is cd into the tape drive and then look for the file you want and extract it from the drive. is this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disaster Recovery

Can anyone tell me of what to expect? I've been nominated to join a team of unix admins to do a DR testing. we already have the guys who are gono be doing the restores. besides the restore, anybody know what else to look forward to?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

3. Programming

C Code recovery

Hai, Is there any tool available to get back the C code from an executable file in solaris. Accidentally the program was deleted by somebody. We need to recover the code since it has to be implemented on another system. I copied that executable and tried to execute it on another solaris machine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smvel
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Disaster Recovery

Recovering Solaris to an alternate server I was just wondering if anyone could give me some points on restoring a Solaris 9 backup to an alternate server. Basically, we use netbackup 6 and I was wondering what the best procedures are for doing this? What things do we need to take into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron2k
3 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

password recovery

hello, my password got lost - and your service to generate new passwords does not work -ive tried it out 50 times the last week or so, never got a single mail from it... please generate a new password for my account "congo" with mailadress. thanks. Thomas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: congo00000001
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX disaster recovery

Are there any products out there that provide a disk imaging solution for AIX (and HPUX and Solaris for that matter)? In a development environment where users are looking to restore an OS quickly back to a certain point in time, what is there available for this besides opening up the system,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris recovery

Some thing happened to our solaris 10 ( sparc ) box and it is not coming up now. These are some of the console messages : I assume it is not able to find very basic system libraries so i need to tell it some how to find it under /lib:/usr/lib. I booted it from the CD but now i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
4 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Password Recovery

Perderabo has made posted a good thread in the FAQ section here: Lost root password / Can't login as root | Unix Linux Forums | Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

ldap recovery

Is there a way to recover the ldap server if it crashes (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalcomis
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is possible to recovery a deleted file in AIX?

is it possible to recovery a deleted file in AIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiyas
2 Replies
bootconf(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       bootconf(4)

NAME
bootconf - boot device configuration table DESCRIPTION
The file contains the address and disk layout type of the system's boot devices or lif volumes. It is used by the and HP-UX kernel control scripts (fileset to determine how and where to update the initial boot loader. Normally the kernel's script queries the system's hardware and creates the file. In rare cases when either the system configuration cannot be automatically determined or additional and/or alternate boot devices should be automatically updated, the administrator must edit the file manually. There is one line in the file for each boot device. Each line contains the following blank-separated fields in the order shown: disk type A flag indicating how the file system(s) on the disk are laid out. The flag must be one of the following: Indicates that the root disk is in LVM or VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM) format. If LVM or VxVM mirrors are used, then each of the "mirrors" must have its own line in the file. Indicates that the root disk is in the "whole disk" format with no partitions, but boot and swap space are reserved outside the file system. device file The absolute path of the device special file that accesses the physical device where the boot area is located. For LVM root disks, the device special file is the physical volume(s) returned by the command. For "whole disks" this is the device file that references the entire disk. Blank lines are permitted. Any line beginning with a is considered to be a comment. DIAGNOSTICS
The Software Distributor log file contains diagnostic messages under the fileset if the file is incorrect. Most of the messages are self- explanatory; a few warrant additional explanation: If there are no other messages about the file is probably empty. Otherwise, the file is not in the proper format, and the other messages will explain what the problem is. The specified device file does not point to a disk where there is a lif which contains the file Some character other than or is in the first field of a line. As of release 10.0, the boot areas in must all be on the same type of disk layout. There are characters after the device file specification. EXAMPLES
The boot area is on an LVM root disk: l /dev/disk/disk7_p2 The boot area is on a whole disk layout: w /dev/disk/disk7 WARNINGS
All of the boot devices in the file must have the same disk layout. AUTHOR
was developed by the Hewlett-Packard Company. FILES
SEE ALSO
mediainit(1), hpux(1M), hpux.efi(1M), mkboot(1M), vgdisplay(1M), lif(4), intro(7). documentation. bootconf(4)