Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Help Urgent AIX Hang
Operating Systems AIX Need Help Urgent AIX Hang Post 302444830 by Fandikurnia on Friday 13th of August 2010 01:43:33 AM
Old 08-13-2010
Hello Zaxxon,
I'm sorry with my post.

After I'm executing your command.
Code:
bash-3.00# oslevel -s
5300-07-01-0748

Code:
bash-3.00# lsattr -El mem0
goodsize 7936 Amount of usable physical memory in Mbytes False
size     7936 Total amount of physical memory in Mbytes  False

Code:
bash-3.00# vmo -x| grep -iE "repage|maxperm%|maxclient%|minperm%"
lru_file_repage,1,1,1,0,1,boolean,D,
maxclient%,80,80,80,1,100,% memory,D,maxperm% minperm%
maxperm%,80,80,80,1,100,% memory,D,minperm% maxclient%
minperm%,20,20,20,1,100,% memory,D,maxperm% maxclient%

Code:
bash-3.00# vmstat -v
              2031616 memory pages
              1953156 lruable pages
               210591 free pages
                    1 memory pools
               264402 pinned pages
                 80.0 maxpin percentage
                 20.0 minperm percentage
                 80.0 maxperm percentage
                  6.6 numperm percentage
               129434 file pages
                  0.0 compressed percentage
                    0 compressed pages
                  6.6 numclient percentage
                 80.0 maxclient percentage
               129434 client pages
                    0 remote pageouts scheduled
                    0 pending disk I/Os blocked with no pbuf
                    0 paging space I/Os blocked with no psbuf
                 2484 filesystem I/Os blocked with no fsbuf
                 3073 client filesystem I/Os blocked with no fsbuf
                    0 external pager filesystem I/Os blocked with no fsbuf
                    0 Virtualized Partition Memory Page Faults
                 0.00 Time resolving virtualized partition memory page faults

Code:
bash-3.00# vmstat -s| grep space
                    0 paging space page ins
                    0 paging space page outs

This resulting is after I reboot and particulary AIX running well. All my bos have would bought more memory.

Have you any clue , if we going to increase the memory about 4 G. its will going well.

Thanks for you hand

Regards

Fandi Kurnia

Junior system administrator
AIX, HP - UX , Windows Server, All Linux Distro .

---------- Post updated at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:41 AM ----------

And One Important Thing. This machine is on production site. I cann't take long downtime.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 4.1.5/RS6000 boot hang, help requested

Hello there! I have a RS-6000 7043-140 machine with AIX version 4.1.5, that is working for almost 8 years now. It has a tty monitor. My problem started when I upgraded my machine to install a gxt250 graphics adapter card together with a 15" AOC VGA Monitor, logitech keyboard and mouse, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_genius
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Urgent...FTP unable finish download file, hang half way

Hi all, I have 1 problem in my solaris 8 server. The problem is in every nite that will run a cron job to download file from external ftb server. This crob job starter running find, but after running for 4 minute, that ftp services is hang that, until we need kill this process. My question... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foongkt5220
3 Replies

3. AIX

(URGENT) Mounting JFS2 FileSystem on AIX 4.3

Hi Every body, I created Volume Group & FileSystem of type JFS2 with size 1.3 TB on AIX 5.2. I want to import this VG on another system AIX 4.3. It is imported successfully & I can varyon the VG but unfourtantly I couldn't mount the FileSystem. Is it possible to mount a JFS2 FileSystem on AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

4. AIX

how to up the aix machine when the desktop was hang

Hi all, My AIX machine desktop was hanged. What to do. please help me. It's very urgent. Thank's & regards, Balaraju. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balarajum
7 Replies

5. AIX

URGENT: zip utility on AIX 5.x

Do you know where can I find the 'zip' binary utility for AIX 5.x ? I have the zip-2.3.0.0.bff file, but I don't have root access and I want to test the 'zip' utility. Thank you !!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: V3l0
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

removing hang processes (AIX)

Hi Guys, Just wondering if I have a child process which is basically hanging and I can see that is on sleep or wait mode if I want to remove/terminate this process , the signal has to come from its parent I assume. The reason I'm asking this is because I'm facing a db2 hang situation and we... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
3 Replies

7. AIX

Port hang issue in AIX Version 5.3

On AIX platform we are having Weblogic 8.1 as the middleware for an application. The application is deployed in Weblogic on AIX platform and the server is having 2 dedicated listening ports for any incoming requests. Output for netstat -an command for the port 30001 is as follows:- tcp4... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: subharai
7 Replies

8. AIX

DNS is hang in AIX 6.1

Guy's I have configured DNS like the below but I faced another issue ! nameserver 172.18.14.7 nameserver 172.18.14.8 domain domain.com When I ping any Host from the server itself its replaying me the IP of that hosts that's mean DNS is working fain but when I try to ftp or telnet... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
8 Replies

9. AIX

Python on AIX-Need urgent Help

Hi Experts, I am new to python and AIX. I am trying to install Python 2.7 or python 3.2 on AIX 7.1 but getting the bellow error. could you please let me know how to resolve this. Note: Same has been installed on Linux Redhat successfully. $ ./configure --enable-shared ##... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tamil_Arasan
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 5.3 NFS export not mounting, rpcinfo hang/timeout on server

Been trying to get a directory NFS-mounted with no success. I've tried both NFS v3 and v4, but currently trying v4. I can't figure out what's going on here. server: sbkovwadmd01 sbkovwadmd01# chnfsdom Current local domain: edw.dev sbkovwadmd01# lssrc -a | grep nfs | grep active nfsd ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eckertd
3 Replies
VMSTAT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 VMSTAT(1)

NAME
vmstat -- report virtual memory statistics SYNOPSIS
vmstat [-CefHiLlmstUvW] [-c count] [-h hashname] [-M core] [-N system] [-u histname] [-w wait] [disks] DESCRIPTION
vmstat reports certain kernel statistics kept about process, virtual memory, disk, trap, and CPU activity. The options are as follows: -C Report on kernel memory caches. Combine with the -m option to see information about memory pools that back the caches. -c count Repeat the display count times. The first display is for the time since a reboot and each subsequent report is for the time period since the last display. If no wait interval is specified, the default is 1 second. -e Report the values of system event counters. -f Report fork statistics. -H Report all hash table statistics. -h hashname Report hash table statistics for hashname. -i Report the values of system interrupt counters. -L List all the hashes supported for -h and -H. -l List the UVM histories being maintained by the kernel. -M core Extract values associated with the name list from the specified core instead of the default /dev/mem. -m Report on the usage of kernel dynamic memory listed first by size of allocation and then by type of usage, followed by a list of the kernel memory pools and their usage. -N system Extract the name list from the specified system instead of the default /netbsd. -s Display the contents of the uvmexp structure. This contains various paging event and memory status counters. -t Display the contents of the vmtotal structure. This includes information about processes and virtual memory. The process part shows the number of processes in the following states: ru on the run queue dw in disk I/O wait pw waiting for paging sl sleeping The virtual memory section shows: total-v Total virtual memory active-v Active virtual memory in use active-r Active real memory in use vm-sh Shared virtual memory avm-sh Active shared virtual memory rm-sh Shared real memory arm-sh Active shared real memory free Free memory All memory values are shown in number of pages. -U Dump all UVM histories. -u histname Dump the specified UVM history. -v Print more verbose information. When used with the -i, -e, or -m options prints out all counters, not just those with non-zero values. -W Print more verbose information about kernel memory pools. -w wait Pause wait seconds between each display. If no repeat count is specified, the default is infinity. By default, vmstat displays the following information: procs Information about the numbers of processes in various states. r in run queue b blocked for resources (i/o, paging, etc.) memory Information about the usage of virtual and real memory. Virtual pages (reported in units of 1024 bytes) are considered active if they belong to processes which are running or have run in the last 20 seconds. avm active virtual pages fre size of the free list page Information about page faults and paging activity. These are averaged every five seconds, and given in units per second. flt total page faults re page reclaims (simulating reference bits) pi pages paged in po pages paged out fr pages freed per second sr pages scanned by clock algorithm, per-second disks Disk transfers per second. Typically paging will be split across the available drives. The header of the field is the first charac- ter of the disk name and the unit number. If more than four disk drives are configured in the system, vmstat displays only the first four drives. To force vmstat to display specific drives, their names may be supplied on the command line. faults Trap/interrupt rate averages per second over last 5 seconds. in device interrupts per interval (including clock interrupts) sy system calls per interval cs CPU context switch rate (switches/interval) cpu Breakdown of percentage usage of CPU time. us user time for normal and low priority processes sy system time id CPU idle FILES
/netbsd default kernel namelist /dev/mem default memory file EXAMPLES
The command ``vmstat -w 5'' will print what the system is doing every five seconds; this is a good choice of printing interval since this is how often some of the statistics are sampled in the system. Others vary every second and running the output for a while will make it appar- ent which are recomputed every second. SEE ALSO
fstat(1), netstat(1), nfsstat(1), ps(1), systat(1), iostat(8), pstat(8) The sections starting with ``Interpreting system activity'' in Installing and Operating 4.3BSD. BUGS
The -c and -w options are only available with the default output. The -l, -U, and -u options are useful only if the system was compiled with support for UVM history. BSD
October 22, 2009 BSD