Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to filter Alphanumerics
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to filter Alphanumerics Post 302444032 by marcus_kosaman on Tuesday 10th of August 2010 07:03:57 PM
Old 08-10-2010
How to filter Alphanumerics

Hi all,

Can you please let me know how to achieve the below thing

AAABBCC@#$W123
123@#$DFG<>.

Output:
AAABBCW123
123DFG

i.e I want to filer only alphanumerics from the strings

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use non alphanumerics in join

Hi, I have a problem while joining two sorted files with "join". File 1.txt Alnus|123 ALO140102|234 ALO 1401 02|345 ALO-1401-02|456 Alobar Holoprosencephalies|567 File 2.txt 1|Alnus| 1|ALO 1401 02| 1|ALO-1401-02| 1|Alobar Holoprosencephalies| If I join the files as follows:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s0460205
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip all non-alphanumerics

Hi, Can someone let me know how do I strip out any non-alphanumeric character in string tomake it alphanumeric? i.e abc def ghi ->abcdefghi abc-def-ghi ->abcdefghi abc#def-ghi->abcdefghi Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter using awk

Hi, I need to filter the output of a command and display omitting the first 6 lines and the last two lines..How can i do this using awk. command | awk ' NR > 7' will omitt the first 6 lines but dont know how to omit the last two lines.. can anyone help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_st
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter on a grep

I am attempting to figure out how to only capture part of a grep command I am doing. So far no luck. When I execute.... leviathan:/gfs/home/tivoli>ps -ef | /usr/ucb/ps -auxww | grep nco_p_syslog The results are.... tivoli 10185 0.0 0.0 5888 5168 ? S Oct 23 0:26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk filter

People, Ive been trying to make a script but i just cant figure it out. Problem/ Case: I have a logfile.txt that contains data. The only two things i need to filter on = $1 (date), $6 (errorcode). In the script i am trying to make, u need to fill in a date. So he searches on that date... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pow3R
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter

Hi I have a file containing the below lines 1010001001639 1010001001789 1020001001927 1030001001928 1040001002033 1200001002609 1200001003481 1200001004935 I need to filter lines that starts with 101. It would be of great help if its in awk. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and alphanumerics

Hi Experts, I'm facing an issue with grep or may be Im missing something. Following are the details Input file # more regexp asdh1987 dog897you 981towm 1234oqn 4yuop8pou sam99917c00l Akoold0g8 data sample data Im trying to grep out only the alphanumeric entries and following... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me to filter a file

I want to view a file ignoring mutilple comment line (/*....*/). Please help me on this. Advance thanks.:b: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradipta Kumar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the filter output?

Hey, I'm using some sensors that can be read by http. If I run following command: curl -v 'http://192.168.111.23:8080/sensor/52f5c63cc4221fbbedcb499908a0a823?version=1.0&interval=minute&unit=watt&callback=realtime' I'm getting: I would like to put this now in a sheet with only the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: brononius
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter records in a huge text file from a filter text file

Hi Folks, I have a text file with lots of rows with duplicates in the first column, i want to filter out records based on filter columns in a different filter text file. bash scripting is what i need. Data.txt Name OrderID Quantity Sam 123 300 Jay 342 498 Kev 78 2500 Sam 420 50 Vic 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies
scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M)			  System Administration Commands			  scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M)

NAME
scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas - add and remove shared Network Appliance network-attached storage (NAS) quorum devices and change various NAS cluster quorum configuration properties or states. SYNOPSIS
scconf {-a|-c|-r} -q name=devicename otheroptions DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. A Network Appliance NAS device can be configured as a quorum device for Sun Cluster. The NAS configuration information consists of: o a device name, which must be unique across quorum devices o a filer name, which defaults to the device name if not specified o a LUN ID, which defaults to 0 if not specified To provide support for NAS devices as quorum devices, the administrator must install the quorum device support module provided by Network Appliance. If this module is not available, scconfprevents the addition of the quorum device. See Sun Cluster With Network-Attached Storage Devices Manual for Solaris OS for instructions about obtaining the support module. Additionally, the iSCSI license must be valid for the Network Appliance device. OPTIONS
The following options can be used for NAS quorum devices. See scconf(1M) for the list of supported generic options. See scconf_quo- rum_dev_netapp_nas(1M) for options that are specific to shared disk quorum devices. The add and remove forms of the command are used to add and remove NAS quorum devices to or from the configuration. The change form of the command is used for changing various properties of cluster quorum configuration. Before you add a quorum device, you must set up and configure the device and the logical unit number (LUN) on the device to be configured as a quorum device. For detailed procedures, see your Network Appliance documentation. For Sun Cluster requirements of device setup, see Sun Cluster With Network-Attached Storage Devices Manual for Solaris OS. After the quorum device is added, you cannot change the type. Add a NAS quorum device: -q -a name=devicename,type=netapp_nas[,filer=filer-name][,lun_id=0] Change a NAS quorum device's configuration: -q -c name=devicename,{maintstate | reset} Remove a NAS quorum device: -q -r name=devicename The -q option supports the following Network Appliance NAS-specific suboptions: filer=filer-name Specifies the name of the device on the network that you can use to access the NAS device when you are using rsh or telnet. lun_id=0 Specifies the LUN ID on the NAS device that will be a NAS quorum device. The LUN ID defaults to 0. When scconf is interrupted or fails while performing quorum-related operations, quorum configuration information can become inconsistent in the cluster configuration database. If an inconsistency occurs, either run the same scconf command again or run it with the reset option to reset the quorum information. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Adding Network Appliance NAS Quorum Devices The following scconf command adds the Network Appliance NAS quorum device qd1. -a -q name=qd1,type=netapp_nas,filer=nas1.sun.com,lun_id=0 Example 2 Removing Network Appliance NAS Quorum Devices The following scconf command removes the Network Appliance NAS quorum device qd1. -r -q name=qd1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clquorum(1CL), cluster(1CL), scconf(1M), scconf-quorum-dev-scsi(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 10 Apr 2006 scconf_quorum_dev_netapp_nas(1M)