Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix printing user id
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix printing user id Post 302443597 by maxtor on Monday 9th of August 2010 12:41:47 PM
Old 08-09-2010
unix printing user id

thanks for the reply - i suppressed the header page in the printtool and that does not help - it still prints the user id and login on the second page. printcap looks like this -
:sd=/var/spoo;/lpd/lp:\
:mx=0:\
:rm=192.168.1.192: \
:rp= :\
:if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter: \
:sh:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problems in unix ... ( Bar-cdoe - Ip Printing)

Hi guys ... i need ur help with some printing problem in unix ... first prob. : i wanna print from my NCR unix to an Win NT , Ip based printing server ( HP JetDirect ) . My issue , is it possible to print directly to an Ip address from unix ? How do i make it work to get any results ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickSilver
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing under UNIX

Hi All As UNIX newbie, (I know Open VMS very well) I have the following question: If I use the lpr command for printing, I normally specify the printer name an the file I want to print. So far so good. Once this is done I can than check with the lpstat command the status of my printjob, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duc
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Printing

Greetings. Got a problem I'm working on, not that familiar with UNIX to be honest. We're having some issues printing from a UNIX Server, hoping someone can help. Here's the situation: We have remote offices that use Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Client to connect to a Windows 2003 Terminal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MPW
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Printing

Hi, I need to print PDF from Unix command line on couple of printers like Lexmark T644PS, HP LJ4100DTN connected to Windows Print Server. I need options of mentioning the printer name and choosing tray number for printing. I was successfull in FTPing PDF files to printer but i could not find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snvijaysankar
2 Replies

5. SCO

Unix Printing

Hi, The code is generating a file of 180 lines, I can check that with vi, but when I am executing the following command for duplex printing , it is printing 4 pages which include 2 blank pages 2 & 4 (page no). $ lp -d printer -0 'land,double,lpi=8,length=90' filename It is expected to print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsd
1 Replies

6. Solaris

User specific printing options

Hi, how do I query available printer options and set defaults for my print requests? I have found lpoptions (man lpoptions(1)) on the web but it doesn't seem to be available under Solaris and I can't work out how else to do it. Thanks, Bob (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BobD
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with printing in UNIX

I have a file that looks like below: a:b:c d e f g h u:f:j e:k:c0 d9 e1 x55 h789 p:d:hh dtyu gasd lrtyu oqa Is there a way to print is as given below: a:b:c d e f g h u:f:j e:k:c0 d9 e1 x55 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Printing the user and group info

Hi All, i want to collect all the users info whose id greater than 999 and print the groups information which they belong. example : for user in $(cut -d: -f1,3 /etc/passwd | egrep ':{4}$' | cut -d: -f1); do groups $user; done centos : centos adm wheel systemd-journal balu : balu ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
2 Replies
CHECKPC(8)							  checkpc command							CHECKPC(8)

NAME
checkpc - check out the printcap database SYNOPSIS
checkpc [ -aflprsV ] [ -Aage[DHMS] ] [ -Ddebugflags ] [ -Pprinter ] [ -t size[kM] ] DESCRIPTION
Checkpc is used to check for the existence and correct permissions of entries in the printcap database. It is useful when installing a new printcap database and cleaning up existing printer spoolers. -a Do not create accounting files (:af). -f The fix flag will cause the checkpc program create and fix various files and permissions. It does this in a simple minded manner, and the program may have to be run several times until all permissions are correct. It also reports in extremely verbose details its actions. -l Do not create log files (:lf). -p Print verbose printcap information. Useful if interested in the printcap values. -r remove junk or job files older than the age set by -A. You must set the age to a non-zero value otherwise no files are removed. -s Do not create filter status files (:ps). -A Age[DHMS] Report junk or job files older than age. The age time can have a suffix days (D) hours (H), minutes (M), or seconds (S); default is days. -D debugflags Run the program with debugging flags. See the LPRng HOWTO for details of the flags actions. -V Verbose mode. -P printer Process only the specified print queue. -t size[kM] Truncate log files (:lf) to the specified size in Kbytes or Mbytes (default is Mbytes). -T serial-line set process name and start feature test ANNOYING FEATURES
If the -f(fix) option is specified and you do not run this as root, it will complain, but attempt to carry out the operations. This will lead to a large number of failures reports if the ownership and/or permissions are incorrect. FILES
The files used by LPRng are set by values in the printer configuration file and by configuration options. The following are a commonly used set of default values. /etc/lprng/lpd.conf LPRng configuration file ${HOME}/.printcap user printer description file /etc/printcap printer description file /etc/lprng/lpd.perms permissions /var/run/lprng/lpd lock file for queue control /var/spool/lpd spool directories /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/control queue control /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/log trace or debug log file /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/acct accounting file /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/status status file SEE ALSO
lpd.conf(5), lpc(8), lpd(8), lpr(1), lpq(1), lprm(1), printcap(5), lpd.perms(5), pr(1), lprng_certs(1), lprng_index_certs(1). AUTHOR
Patrick Powell <papowell@lprng.com>. DIAGNOSTICS
Most of the diagnostics are self explanatory. If you are puzzled over the exact cause of failure, set the debugging level on (-D5) and run again. The debugging information will help you to pinpoint the exact cause of failure. HISTORY
LPRng is a enhanced printer spooler system with functionality similar to the Berkeley LPR software. The LPRng developer mailing list is lprng-devel@lists.sourceforge.net; subscribe by visiting https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lprng-devel or sending mail to lprng- request@lists.sourceforge.net with the word subscribe in the body. The software is available via http://lprng.sourceforge.net LPRng 2007-02-22 CHECKPC(8)