Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting indication of find activity - bash script Post 302441011 by Scott on Thursday 29th of July 2010 06:22:41 AM
Old 07-29-2010
Or:

Code:
find . -name Makefile -type f 2> /dev/null | while read FILE; do printf "."; echo $FILE > testPaths.log; done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script (using find and grep)

I'm trying to make a simple search script but cannot get it right. The script should search for keywords inside files. Then return the file paths in a variable. (Each file path separated with \n). #!/bin/bash SEARCHQUERY="searchword1 searchword2 searchword3"; for WORD in $SEARCHQUERY do ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out the day in Bash Shell script

Hello All, I need a bash shell script to find out a day from the date.For example we give the date(20100227/YYYYMMDD) then we get the day 'Saturday'. Thanks in advance, Satheesh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheesh4093
5 Replies

3. Programming

Bash Script to Find the status of URL

#!/bin/bash timevar=`date +%F_”%H_%M”` #-- > Storing Date and Time in a Variable get_contents=`cat urls.txt` #-- > Getting content of website from file. Note the file should not contain any http:// as its already been taken care of ######### Next Section Does all the processing ######### for i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to Find the status of URL

#!/bin/bash timevar=`date +%d-%m-%Y_%H.%M.%S` #-- > Storing Date and Time in a Variable get_contents=`cat urls.txt` #-- > Getting content of website from file. Note the file should not contain any http:// as its already been taken care of echo "Datae-time URL Status code Report" >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find associated strings in a bash shell script

Hi together, unfortunately I am not a shell script guru - the following might touch the depths of awk, substr, split, regexps, where I am still fighting with - but as always the boss needs a fast solution :-( So: I have the following USER/PASSWORD-installation-config-file, from where I want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sofie
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH script problem using find, ideas?

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to search through my computer and find all .jpg files and put them all in a directory. So far I have this: for i in `find /home -name '*.jpg' ` ; do mv $i home/allen/Pictures/PicturesFound ; done When I run it, I get this error (this is only part of it, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FortressPTH
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to find comments in file

As I stated in a previous thread - I'm a newbie to Unix/Linux and programming. I'm trying to learn the basics on my own using a couple books and the exercises provided inside. I've reached an exercise that has me stumped. I need to write a bash script that will will read in a file and print the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
11 Replies

8. Programming

Bash script - find command with delete and exec

hi all, i have devised a script that starts in /restored/ and in there, there are a lot of sub folders called peoples names and in the sub folders are files/folders and it deletes the data in the sub folders BUT not the sub folder itself and it should then touch a file in all the sub folders... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find Memory and activity from command output

Hello - I have a requirement to get the Memory(Xmx) and the activity name using it. Sample input info : 1502 02:57 /bin/sh /opt/rather/bar/deploy/bar_run.sh 1545 02:57 java -Drather.repository=/opt/rather/bar/deploy/JobSyng_Barol_Count/JobSyng_Barol_Count/../lib -Xms1024M... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varja
3 Replies
sadc(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   sadc(8)

NAME
sadc -- system activity data collector SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sa/sadc [-m mode] [t n] [ofile] DESCRIPTION
The sadc tool is used to collect cumulative system activity data. The sample system data is collected at intervals t seconds apart, in a loop n times. The binary sample data is written to ofile if specified. Otherwise, the binary data is written to stdout. If the ofile file does not exist, it is created, otherwise it is truncated. sadc is intended to be used as the engine behind the sar(1) command, and is not typically invoked on the command line. Two shell scripts, sa1 and sa2 are provided to drive the typical sampling, saving, and reporting process. OPTIONS
The following options modify the way data is collected by sadc. -m mode Modify the collection of system statistics as specified by mode. Currently only one mode is supported. PPP By default, the collection of ppp network interface statistics is turned off. This is because the number of ppp connec- tions can be very high, causing the raw data file to grow unexpectedly large, especially when samples are collected at short intervals. Use the PPP mode to turn the collection back on. EXAMPLES
/usr/lib/sa/sadc 15 20 /tmp/sample.out This call collects 20 samples at 15 second intervals. The binary data is written to the /tmp/sample.out file FILES
/var/log/sa/sadd Default daily activity file that holds the binary sampling data. dd are digits that represent the day of the month. /usr/lib/sa/sa1 Shell script used to drive the sar data collection. /usr/lib/sa/sa2 Shell script used to drive the sar data reporting. SEE ALSO
sa1(8), sa2(8), sar(1), iostat(8), vm_stat(1), netstat(1), top(1), sc_usage(1), fs_usage(1) Mac OS X Jul 25 2003 Mac OS X